Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by pfloyd »

Big Games in the Week that IS ?

1/3:
Vinton County @ Chillicothe

1/6

1/7

Fairland @ Hilliard Bradley (7-1)

whsball
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by whsball »

1/3 MT v Lynchburg

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote:Who has Waterford defeated?

I trust pfloyd but also have trouble believing they'd beat teams 6-12....and it's not a slap on Waterford but those 6-12 teams are really good and it's not often in my years watching that a D4 team is that good unless they are a Final 4 contending type team.

The D4 tournament has more very good teams than I can remember.
When healthy waterford is as good as most D2 teams I have seen thus far. They have the size & can shoot the lights out.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

93Bulldog wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Who has Waterford defeated?

I trust pfloyd but also have trouble believing they'd beat teams 6-12....and it's not a slap on Waterford but those 6-12 teams are really good and it's not often in my years watching that a D4 team is that good unless they are a Final 4 contending type team.

The D4 tournament has more very good teams than I can remember.
When healthy waterford is as good as most D2 teams I have seen thus far. They have the size & can shoot the lights out.
Respectfully disagree. Waterford is very good, but as good as most D2 teams in SE Ohio is a stretch.

Athens, Logan Elm, Fairfield Union, VC, Miami Trace, Unioto, Marietta, Chillicothe, Washington Court House, Sheridan, Warren are ALL better than Waterford IMO. Several other D2 teams could play with them (Waverly, Jackson, etc).

If they'd play an ALL D2 schedule consisting of the do you think they'd be .500? Above .500?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Above. I've watched every athens game & waterford could play with the dogs for sure.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

93Bulldog wrote:Above. I've watched every athens game & waterford could play with the dogs for sure.

I just don't see how.. Waterford's schedule is so atrociously bad (it's not their fault, it's just that their side of the TVC is really down), that I don't think they're going to be a.) as good as their record indicates and b.) as prepared as they should be.

I saw they scheduled Worthington Christan and Warren, though. That was a step in the right direction.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

And Africentric and Portsmouth

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

93Bulldog wrote:And Africentric and Portsmouth

Didn't Africentric get canceled and not rescheduled?

Portsmouth is a decent add I guess.. this years team is down compared to years past, but still decent and athletic. They're probably the 5th or 6th best team in Scioto County if you ask me (I think Wheelersburg, South Webster, Clay, East, and perhaps even Notre Dame are all better).

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Not sure why Waverly gets lumped behind the others in division 2. I believe Vinton County is better. not sure about the rest. They scrimmaged Court House and Miami Trace and played with both step for step. Played Miami Trace in the tournament game last year and lost a very competitive game. I think they will be a tough out even in a loaded division 2 sectional and hopefully district.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ukfanatic wrote:Not sure why Waverly gets lumped behind the others in division 2. I believe Vinton County is better. not sure about the rest. They scrimmaged Court House and Miami Trace and played with both step for step. Played Miami Trace in the tournament game last year and lost a very competitive game. I think they will be a tough out even in a loaded division 2 sectional and hopefully district.
Waverly beat Jackson by 2
Athens beat Jackson by 30

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Raider6309 wrote:
Ukfanatic wrote:Not sure why Waverly gets lumped behind the others in division 2. I believe Vinton County is better. not sure about the rest. They scrimmaged Court House and Miami Trace and played with both step for step. Played Miami Trace in the tournament game last year and lost a very competitive game. I think they will be a tough out even in a loaded division 2 sectional and hopefully district.
Waverly beat Jackson by 2
Athens beat Jackson by 30
Actually Jackson lost by 39 to Athens

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I stand corrected

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

And again those Mighty underrated Oaks from Oak Hill take care of business tonight against Wellston and are the only undefeated team sitting outside the top 8. Not only are they the only undefeated outside the 8, but they have more wins than anyone....currently sitting at (10-0). The only other undefeated teams are currently at #1 and #2.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Oaktown wrote:And again those Mighty underrated Oaks from Oak Hill take care of business tonight against Wellston and are the only undefeated team sitting outside the top 8. Not only are they the only undefeated outside the 8, but they have more wins than anyone....currently sitting at (10-0). The only other undefeated teams are currently at #1 and #2.
Western Michigan was undefeated all season and didn't climb higher than 15th. Oaks need that quality win. ;)

I've seen Oak Hill, very good team, so well coached and fun to watch. I'm not sure they are on the level of the some of the bigger teams in the Elite 8 though. But all juniors - look out - next year they will be top 8 all season I'm gonna guess.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Oaktown wrote:And again those Mighty underrated Oaks from Oak Hill take care of business tonight against Wellston and are the only undefeated team sitting outside the top 8. Not only are they the only undefeated outside the 8, but they have more wins than anyone....currently sitting at (10-0). The only other undefeated teams are currently at #1 and #2.
Pfloyd is big on the who have you beaten. It's still fairly early also and things work themselves out. Your best win is Waverly but Waverly is also still building a resume on how good they are. As the SOC teams travel to each other's places it'll sort out for sure. I think OH might beat Waterford but not real sure about any other top 9 team....but as the season goes it'll sort out.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly is starting to figure out what they do well, much different team than they were early in the year. Round two against Oak Hill will be interesting. Would love to play them on the big court again but will have to avenge the loss at Oak Hill, much smaller court. There are a few games between that rematch the Tigers need to take care of.

Dragon's Lair
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragon's Lair »

I want everyone who is reading this post, right now to get up, walk into your kitchen, take a look into the trash can. Look really deep in there cause that's where you will find Oak Hill's non-conference schedule....

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Dragon's Lair wrote:
I want everyone who is reading this post, right now to get up, walk into your kitchen, take a look into the trash can. Look really deep in there cause that's where you will find Oak Hill's non-conference schedule....
A+ for effort. :D

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Just looked in the trash can, found an empty bottle of Captain Morgan,and a Rutgers crying towel.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Dragon's Lair wrote:
Obviously a Fairland fan that is still bitter about the scare Oak Hill gave them in the post season last year. What was that again, a 4 point win by Fairland? This is a different Oak Hill team my friend. I hope Fairland brings their A game to the tournament this year. I would hate for them to stumble and get knocked off by a team with a trash non-conference schedule.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”