Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

User avatar
pfloyd
2nd Team All Conference
Posts: 1283
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by pfloyd » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:22 am

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 ...

1. Fairland (7-0)
2. Vinton County (7-0)
3. Fairfield Union (7-1)
4. Warren (6-1)
5. Waterford (3-1)
6. Miami Trace (6-2)
7. Unioto (6-3)
8. Marietta (5-2)



... Treehugger Wannabes ...

Athens (6-1)
Logan (3-4)
Sheridan (6-2)
Chillicothe (3-4)
Oak Hill (9-0)
Logan Elm (5-4)
Lynchburg Clay (5-2)
Waverly (7-1)
Western Pike (5-3) / Eastern Pike (6-2)
Portsmouth East (4-2)
Portsmouth (4-2)
20 Portsmouth Clay (6-2)
South Point (6-1)
Eastern Brown (7-2)
South Webster (4-3)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (7-1)
Ironton (4-3)
Wheelersburg (3-2)
Washington CH (4-4)
Fairfield Leesburg (6-1)
Peebles (5-2)
30 Minford (4-3)
North Adams (5-5)
Meigs (6-4)
Paint Valley (6-4)
Gallia Academy (5-2)
Adena (4-3)
Jackson (5-6)
Alexander (3-5)
Nelsonville York (5-3)
Coal Grove (5-2)
40 Trimble (4-3)
Greenfield McClain (3-5)
Zane Trace (3-5)
Circleville (3-3)
Wahama (3-3)
Huntington (3-5)
Southern (4-4)
Symmes Valley (4-2)
New Lexington (4-4)
Manchester (3-8)
50 Piketon (2-7)
Belpre (2-5)
Reedsville Eastern (3-3)
Southeastern (3-7)
Lucasville Valley (1-6)
St Joseph (2-5)
Miller (2-3)
Wellston (2-5)
Hillsboro (1-6)
Portsmouth West (2-4)
60 Chesapeake (1-5)
South Gallia (1-6)
River Valley (2-8)
West Union (1-6)

... Teams on the End Table ...

Green (2-7)
New Boston (2-3)
Westfall (0-8)
Rock Hill (1-5)
Crooksville (1-5)
Whiteoak (1-8)
Northwest (1-6)
Federal Hocking (0-10)


Image



User avatar
noreply66
SEOP HOF
Posts: 13632
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:10 pm
Location: Logan, Ohio

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by noreply66 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:29 am

unbeaten are getting thin
GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by 93Bulldog » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:25 am

Sure would have liked that matchup between athens & marietta tues. Ugh

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by 93Bulldog » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:42 am

Waterford, western pike, eastern pike, portsmouth clay, sciotoville, south webster, notre dame, fairfield ... I think its safe to say the D4 tournament will be better than D3 this year. But the D2 will trump all - its gonna be a bloodbath trying to navigate your way to the regionals.

danicalifornia
1st Team All Conference
Posts: 1721
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by danicalifornia » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:03 am

The "weaker" side of D2 is ridiculous; Miami Trace, Unioto, Chillicothe, Waverly, and Washington are all excellent teams and one won't even reach the Convo. Not to mention that Gallia, McClain, and Jackson have their best teams in a few years. Oh and Circleville is no pushover at all.


That's not even mentioning the absurdity of the Logan Sectional: Vinton, Fairfield Union, Warren, Marietta, Athens, Sheridan, and Logan Elm--that's 3 top 15 teams that won't even make it to the Convo. This would be another great year for an open draw, but at least we will still get 8 capable D2 teams at the Convo playing for 2 regional spots again.

Ironman92
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1892
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by Ironman92 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:44 pm

Who has Waterford defeated?

I trust pfloyd but also have trouble believing they'd beat teams 6-12....and it's not a slap on Waterford but those 6-12 teams are really good and it's not often in my years watching that a D4 team is that good unless they are a Final 4 contending type team.

The D4 tournament has more very good teams than I can remember.

Truth&fiction
Bench
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by Truth&fiction » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:32 pm

I think PFloyd does a great job and I really enjoy the rankings . I do think that any D4 team in the state would be better than say the top 12 or 13 would be based on how they look against the quality of their compitetion when played . Do not get me wrong I'm for the little guy and it makes for a good story but say a team like Unioto or say Miami Trace would be tough challenge . Me saying so does not mean I'm right .Heck I'm usually wrong and I hope I am .Good luck to the Wildcats.

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by 93Bulldog » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:13 pm

Athens plays at No. 1 Fairland, at No. 2 Vinton County and at No. 3 Warren over the course of thirteen days starting on 1/14. Holly cow that's a tough stretch.

User avatar
pfloyd
2nd Team All Conference
Posts: 1283
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by pfloyd » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:20 pm

93Bulldog wrote:Athens plays at No. 1 Fairland, at No. 2 Vinton County and at No. 3 Warren over the course of thirteen days starting on 1/14. Holly cow that's a tough stretch.
... 93bulldog - which one of those 3 is Athens going to knockoff to push into the Elite 8 ? ... I will be in Chillicothe to see Vinton County take on the Cavs Tuesday night ... I'm going to HIlliard Bradley Saturday night to see Fairland take on HB ... Vinton County will be entertaining Logan on the 10th I believe ... I'll see Fairland vs Athens at the Beasts of the Southeast in Chesapeake and I will be at the WarriorDome to see Athens taking on the Warren Warriors - gotta love hoops season !!!!!

Image

User avatar
tvc_fan
JV Starter
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by tvc_fan » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:28 pm

danicalifornia wrote:The "weaker" side of D2 is ridiculous; Miami Trace, Unioto, Chillicothe, Waverly, and Washington are all excellent teams and one won't even reach the Convo. Not to mention that Gallia, McClain, and Jackson have their best teams in a few years. Oh and Circleville is no pushover at all.


That's not even mentioning the absurdity of the Logan Sectional: Vinton, Fairfield Union, Warren, Marietta, Athens, Sheridan, and Logan Elm--that's 3 top 15 teams that won't even make it to the Convo. This would be another great year for an open draw, but at least we will still get 8 capable D2 teams at the Convo playing for 2 regional spots again.
Don't forget about Meigs in that Logan Sectional...lol

LetsGoPSU
JV Backup
Posts: 343
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:11 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by LetsGoPSU » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:09 am

Great job Pfloyd, glad to see the Trojans up to 19, good trip to Fla, coming home 2-1, looking forward to OVC action as the Trojans host South Point and follow that up with a trip to Cheasapeake... Go Trojans

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by 93Bulldog » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:07 am

Good question, floyd. Beating Fairland would be the upset of the year. Beating our nemesis Warren, who we haven't beat in a decade, on their own floor would be awesome. Beating VC could possibly mean a share of a league title down the road. Any of em works for me. Lol

Truth&fiction
Bench
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:36 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by Truth&fiction » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:55 am

I would think that the Bulldogs gets 1 win in the 3 games if not they should drop down. Warren would be their best chance if Pfloyd is on the money.

biggdowgg
Varsity Bench
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by biggdowgg » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:55 pm

93Bulldog wrote:Good question, floyd. Beating Fairland would be the upset of the year. Beating our nemesis Warren, who we haven't beat in a decade, on their own floor would be awesome. Beating VC could possibly mean a share of a league title down the road. Any of em works for me. Lol

my guess is hope to beat VC , Fairland = to good I dont see them losing regular season game,Warren is hard to beat @ warren...been there done that :mrgreen:

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by 93Bulldog » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Truth&fiction wrote:I would think that the Bulldogs gets 1 win in the 3 games if not they should drop down. Warren would be their best chance if Pfloyd is on the money.
Drop down? How far? They are not in the elite 8. Do u penalize a team for playing the best? Athens could go 20-2 or 19-3 or maybe even 22-0 with some of the other schedules I have seen in seo.

Whs95fan
Bench
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:30 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by Whs95fan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:00 pm

Warren looks to avenge their only loss with some strange scheduling as Warren plays a Meadowbrook team tomorrow night whom they just lost to last Tuesday.
Last edited by Whs95fan on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pfloyd
2nd Team All Conference
Posts: 1283
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by pfloyd » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Whs95fan wrote:Warren looks to avenge their only loss with some stranger scheduling Warren plays a Meadowbrook team tomorrow night whom they just lost to last Tuesday.

... Is this one at least at the WarriorDome ?


Image

EttaExpress22
Bench
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:36 pm
Location: Don Schaly Stadium Home of the 6 time National Champs '81 '83 '86 '06 '11 '12

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by EttaExpress22 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Marietta loses to Whitehall at the Q 56-43

Whs95fan
Bench
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:30 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by Whs95fan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:19 pm

Yep, must've not have wanted to play next season or just needed another game, hopefully they've learned from their defeated. Meadowbrook was a very small but quick team.
pfloyd wrote:
Whs95fan wrote:Warren looks to avenge their only loss with some stranger scheduling Warren plays a Meadowbrook team tomorrow night whom they just lost to last Tuesday.

... Is this one at least at the WarriorDome ?


Image

User avatar
pfloyd
2nd Team All Conference
Posts: 1283
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by pfloyd » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:30 pm

... the 2017 portion of the hoops season has begun ...

Marietta 43
Whitehall 56

Image

User avatar
pfloyd
2nd Team All Conference
Posts: 1283
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by pfloyd » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:50 pm

Big Games in the Week that IS ?

1/3:
Vinton County @ Chillicothe

1/6


1/7

Fairland @ Hilliard Bradley (7-1)


Image

whsball
Bench
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by whsball » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:54 am

1/3 MT v Lynchburg

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by 93Bulldog » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:08 am

Ironman92 wrote:Who has Waterford defeated?

I trust pfloyd but also have trouble believing they'd beat teams 6-12....and it's not a slap on Waterford but those 6-12 teams are really good and it's not often in my years watching that a D4 team is that good unless they are a Final 4 contending type team.

The D4 tournament has more very good teams than I can remember.
When healthy waterford is as good as most D2 teams I have seen thus far. They have the size & can shoot the lights out.

bbjunky81
Varsity Bench
Posts: 564
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:30 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by bbjunky81 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:43 am

93Bulldog wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Who has Waterford defeated?

I trust pfloyd but also have trouble believing they'd beat teams 6-12....and it's not a slap on Waterford but those 6-12 teams are really good and it's not often in my years watching that a D4 team is that good unless they are a Final 4 contending type team.

The D4 tournament has more very good teams than I can remember.
When healthy waterford is as good as most D2 teams I have seen thus far. They have the size & can shoot the lights out.
Respectfully disagree. Waterford is very good, but as good as most D2 teams in SE Ohio is a stretch.

Athens, Logan Elm, Fairfield Union, VC, Miami Trace, Unioto, Marietta, Chillicothe, Washington Court House, Sheridan, Warren are ALL better than Waterford IMO. Several other D2 teams could play with them (Waverly, Jackson, etc).

If they'd play an ALL D2 schedule consisting of the do you think they'd be .500? Above .500?

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by 93Bulldog » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:53 am

Above. I've watched every athens game & waterford could play with the dogs for sure.

bbjunky81
Varsity Bench
Posts: 564
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:30 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by bbjunky81 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:09 am

93Bulldog wrote:Above. I've watched every athens game & waterford could play with the dogs for sure.

I just don't see how.. Waterford's schedule is so atrociously bad (it's not their fault, it's just that their side of the TVC is really down), that I don't think they're going to be a.) as good as their record indicates and b.) as prepared as they should be.

I saw they scheduled Worthington Christan and Warren, though. That was a step in the right direction.

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by 93Bulldog » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:02 pm

And Africentric and Portsmouth

bbjunky81
Varsity Bench
Posts: 564
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:30 am

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by bbjunky81 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:45 pm

93Bulldog wrote:And Africentric and Portsmouth

Didn't Africentric get canceled and not rescheduled?

Portsmouth is a decent add I guess.. this years team is down compared to years past, but still decent and athletic. They're probably the 5th or 6th best team in Scioto County if you ask me (I think Wheelersburg, South Webster, Clay, East, and perhaps even Notre Dame are all better).

Ukfanatic
Bench
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by Ukfanatic » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:52 pm

Not sure why Waverly gets lumped behind the others in division 2. I believe Vinton County is better. not sure about the rest. They scrimmaged Court House and Miami Trace and played with both step for step. Played Miami Trace in the tournament game last year and lost a very competitive game. I think they will be a tough out even in a loaded division 2 sectional and hopefully district.

Raider6309
All State
Posts: 3097
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:26 am
Location: Athens

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by Raider6309 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:01 pm

Ukfanatic wrote:Not sure why Waverly gets lumped behind the others in division 2. I believe Vinton County is better. not sure about the rest. They scrimmaged Court House and Miami Trace and played with both step for step. Played Miami Trace in the tournament game last year and lost a very competitive game. I think they will be a tough out even in a loaded division 2 sectional and hopefully district.
Waverly beat Jackson by 2
Athens beat Jackson by 30

ShoeHorn
Freshman Starter
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:52 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by ShoeHorn » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Raider6309 wrote:
Ukfanatic wrote:Not sure why Waverly gets lumped behind the others in division 2. I believe Vinton County is better. not sure about the rest. They scrimmaged Court House and Miami Trace and played with both step for step. Played Miami Trace in the tournament game last year and lost a very competitive game. I think they will be a tough out even in a loaded division 2 sectional and hopefully district.
Waverly beat Jackson by 2
Athens beat Jackson by 30
Actually Jackson lost by 39 to Athens

Raider6309
All State
Posts: 3097
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:26 am
Location: Athens

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by Raider6309 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:57 pm

I stand corrected

Oaktown
Bench
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:42 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by Oaktown » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:46 pm

And again those Mighty underrated Oaks from Oak Hill take care of business tonight against Wellston and are the only undefeated team sitting outside the top 8. Not only are they the only undefeated outside the 8, but they have more wins than anyone....currently sitting at (10-0). The only other undefeated teams are currently at #1 and #2.

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1777
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by 93Bulldog » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:49 pm

Oaktown wrote:And again those Mighty underrated Oaks from Oak Hill take care of business tonight against Wellston and are the only undefeated team sitting outside the top 8. Not only are they the only undefeated outside the 8, but they have more wins than anyone....currently sitting at (10-0). The only other undefeated teams are currently at #1 and #2.
Western Michigan was undefeated all season and didn't climb higher than 15th. Oaks need that quality win. ;)

I've seen Oak Hill, very good team, so well coached and fun to watch. I'm not sure they are on the level of the some of the bigger teams in the Elite 8 though. But all juniors - look out - next year they will be top 8 all season I'm gonna guess.

Ironman92
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1892
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #5 - Happy New Year Edition ...

Post by Ironman92 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:56 pm

Oaktown wrote:And again those Mighty underrated Oaks from Oak Hill take care of business tonight against Wellston and are the only undefeated team sitting outside the top 8. Not only are they the only undefeated outside the 8, but they have more wins than anyone....currently sitting at (10-0). The only other undefeated teams are currently at #1 and #2.
Pfloyd is big on the who have you beaten. It's still fairly early also and things work themselves out. Your best win is Waverly but Waverly is also still building a resume on how good they are. As the SOC teams travel to each other's places it'll sort out for sure. I think OH might beat Waterford but not real sure about any other top 9 team....but as the season goes it'll sort out.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 12 guests