Who will be the new head football coaches in the OVC

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Who will be the new head football coaches in the OVC

Post by loganlocos »

Orange and Brown wrote:
loganlocos wrote:Gallipolis should be putting the full court press on trying to bring Penrod back from Alexander.
His next job will be at Logan.
I'd love that. But I don't think a commute FARTHER north is in his or his family's best interest.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

bighead wrote:JMO GA next coach is keep it in the family Saunders LOL jmo

I've mentioned Coach Saunders name several times. I just don't think he wants it. Would you really want the job at the school where your Dad was the 'Woody Hayes" of the football program?!?!!?

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don't see Penrod moving, I think Logan just to far way.. if he is going to leave.. Alexander I think it will be for a job closer to home... I think he stays at alexander

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

You got to start somewhere !

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Gallia and RH 2 jobs that will need some to change their culture.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Gallia will never have a highly successful program with the football field being away from the high school. The rest Rock Hill also. Getting a plan the fans, parents and players can get behind while not allowing school board and others not to overstep to control. From The lower lever of football up.

Will be hard to get a football coach in Rock Hill with all the politics and division of people who want to control/take credit for.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

has either job been filled yet. I hope both programs get top quality candidates for the good of the league.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:then after that he bought a farm in Arabia, and coached symmes valley. before coaching numerous places.
I have a lot of respect for Coach Triplett, and think he would be a good hire for either school.

YTB I love that town, Arabia. We go through there when we go down to Elkins Creek Horse Camp near Symmes Valley Schools. Some day I'm going to get a picture of my Arabian standing under the Arabia sign. :lol:

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

farmer wrote:Gallia will never have a highly successful program with the football field being away from the high school. The rest Rock Hill also. Getting a plan the fans, parents and players can get behind while not allowing school board and others not to overstep to control. From The lower lever of football up.

Will be hard to get a football coach in Rock Hill with all the politics and division of people who want to control/take credit for.
Why do you think they won't be successful with football field away from high school? I am just curious. I understand if you say they wont be successful until practice facilities are at high school. But don't understand why it matters where the field is.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

More with practice facilities being at the school. A lot less wasted time after school day. Having everything in one place. Not the worry about transportation with kids driving more. Also kind of like not having a coach not working at the high school. Just helps to make things seem like a campus and in this case not stuck in the past. Yes can be done but also easier for band to get to the game. Where it seems all the time like a road game.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

and that equals success cmon

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Say what you want the football team has not won since the move and this year. Well believe what you want. As you can make excuses but their record will not change.
2 examples of schools in the OVC. Chesapeke had a terrible year when they had to play games up the road at South Point. Even though practice was still at the school. Ironton when they were building the school. They went to school away from the football field.

You can debate it all you like. But whatever it is it is not working and has not worked for years.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

1906 wrote:and that equals success cmon
No that doesn't equal success but sure doesn't hurt. If you are wanting to wave a magic wand and have success without putting in the work from grade school up. You are just living a dream instead of building a program.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I agree in some cases but Gallia football field really needs an upgrade.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Attack wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:then after that he bought a farm in Arabia, and coached symmes valley. before coaching numerous places.
I have a lot of respect for Coach Triplett, and think he would be a good hire for either school.

YTB I love that town, Arabia. We go through there when we go down to Elkins Creek Horse Camp near Symmes Valley Schools. Some day I'm going to get a picture of my Arabian standing under the Arabia sign. :lol:
I remember visiting there when Merrill had that pack of dogs. and his big horse Davey. I lived 8 miles out 141 for 32 years so went that way a lot cruising with the family.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

been friends with Merrill bout all my life.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

farmer wrote:Say what you want the football team has not won since the move and this year. Well believe what you want. As you can make excuses but their record will not change.
2 examples of schools in the OVC. Chesapeke had a terrible year when they had to play games up the road at South Point. Even though practice was still at the school. Ironton when they were building the school. They went to school away from the football field.

You can debate it all you like. But whatever it is it is not working and has not worked for years.
they don't have the athletes period. who is making excuses?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

1906 wrote:
farmer wrote:Say what you want the football team has not won since the move and this year. Well believe what you want. As you can make excuses but their record will not change.

they don't have the athletes period. who is making excuses?
Right why waste time and money to give them something better. Just phone in the games.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well there playoff appearance and last playoff victory was after school was moved. As far as practice goes. I think by next year several practices a week will be at the high School and i think by 2018 they will break ground on the field house. So all weight lifting and everything will be there but i will be shocked if they are still not playing games down town for another 10 years. And i would say most kids in band live closer to the football field then the high school. And for summer practice i know the downtown field closer for most of them but i hate the kids driving downtown for practice after high school that is a tragedy in the making.

As far as Gallia not having the athletes i think they have the athletes to compete. They dont have the bigs to compete. I don't know what happened to all the bigger kids that would go to Gallia academy but i would be shocked in whole school at assembly there were more then 10 or 12 boys who would be natural 200 lb kids. if you cant block anyone no offense is going to be effective.

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

heard legendary hall of fame getback coach from arnton, tim Collins is putting in for the rock hillian program...gonna put em on the map!! gonna make terry nelson his o-cordinatoer

Return to “Football”