Who will be the new head football coaches in the OVC

Game day

Who will be the new head football coaches in the OVC

Postby Game day » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:57 am

At this time there are 2 head coaching jobs open Gallia and Rock Hill.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT

Re: Who will be the new head football coaches in the OVC

Postby YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:50 pm

I'D LIKE TO SEE MERRILL TRIPLETT BACK IN THE PICTURE SOMEWHERE IF HE IS STILL INTERESTED.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT

Postby YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:52 pm

I don't understand rock hill. in ways I do because a coach's success is production related. but last year he was released and then re-signed. and the last couple of years I think he has done an admirable job. I hope todd lands on his feet somewhere else. maybe south point.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT

Postby YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:53 pm

would jack james be interested I the GAHS job.

svac83

Postby svac83 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:59 pm

I will be shocked if the blue devil job does not go to a known candidate. I am not saying that they will hire in house. But i think it will be someone who understands Gallia Academy athletics and the challenges that comes with that. That gives me a list of about 6 or names.

It is my understanding that it was offered to a coach on current staff. Coach turned it down. It is my understanding that coach will apply for the job now that it is posted. But after the fiasco the last time of just naming someone he wants no part of a back room here you go deal. Dont know if it is true or not. just what i was told.

I think they will get several qualified candidates... Whoever coach is. Has his work cut out for him. I was at school for a assembly recently.. It isnot that the dont have that many big kids come out for program. They dont have that many big kids that go there.

LetsGoPSU

Postby LetsGoPSU » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:34 am

The Rock Hill situation is a tricky one, they need stability and I felt from a far they were getting to that point, but I don't just get it....

osu 77

Postby osu 77 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:44 am

I see your point. I think the people from RH believed they had a strong team last year and they finished 5th in the league. They also would have had to pay their coach another years salary even if they went and hired another coach.
Last edited by osu 77 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigChuck

Postby BigChuck » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:15 am

Merril Tripplett is the Southern Ohio version of John Gruden....if a spot opens up his name is the top of the list....LOL
There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!

The Oaf

Postby The Oaf » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:31 pm

BigChuck wrote:Merril Tripplett is the Southern Ohio version of John Gruden....if a spot opens up his name is the top of the list....LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss

loganlocos

Postby loganlocos » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:50 am

Gallipolis should be putting the full court press on trying to bring Penrod back from Alexander.

dazed&confused

Postby dazed&confused » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:55 am

loganlocos wrote:Gallipolis should be putting the full court press on trying to bring Penrod back from Alexander.

Too political there. I think he stays and waits for something better.
Browns fan. Waiting for next year since 1965

Orange and Brown

Postby Orange and Brown » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:53 pm

loganlocos wrote:Gallipolis should be putting the full court press on trying to bring Penrod back from Alexander.

His next job will be at Logan.
2017 TVC CHAMPS!!! :mrgreen:

svac83

Postby svac83 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:11 pm

Blue Devils do not need put the full court press on to get anyone. If Penrod is interested he will apply. Same with some other quality guys in the area. I think Penrod would be a great hire. But there are other guys who would also be great fits. It will be interesting. As far as politics at Gallia goes not that much worse then other schools. Especially not now seems to be getting much better.

If they want to talk to penrod not difficult as you can find him around a gallia academy sporting event at least once a week.

Bleeding Red

Postby Bleeding Red » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:59 pm

BigChuck wrote:Merril Tripplett is the Southern Ohio version of John Gruden....if a spot opens up his name is the top of the list....LOL

Triplett walked away from his alma mater (Rock Hill) a few years ago because they wouldn't give him complete control of the program. Boosters and school board members wanted to make sure their family members would keep the starting positions.

Unless they fire a majority of the crummy school board, I wouldn't see him being interested.

79Tiger

Postby 79Tiger » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:14 pm

Bleeding Red wrote:

Triplett walked away from his alma mater (Rock Hill) a few years ago because they wouldn't give him complete control of the program. Boosters and school board members wanted to make sure their family members would keep the starting positions.

Unless they fire a majority of the crummy school board, I wouldn't see him being interested.

Merle graduated from Ironton High School. He played for the 1973 State Runners-up that finished the season 11-1

bighead

Postby bighead » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:33 pm

JMO GA next coach is keep it in the family Saunders LOL jmo

Game day

Postby Game day » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:51 am

Bleeding Red wrote:

Yes you would need control that would be for sure to change things.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT

Postby YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:56 am

Bleeding Red wrote:

red Merrill triplett is a fighting tiger always was. been to his home in ironton many times as a young man. his family ran goldcamps hardware on center street. he's not from rock hill.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT

Postby YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:57 am

then after that he bought a farm in Arabia, and coached symmes valley. before coaching numerous places.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT

Postby YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:59 am

Game day wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

Yes you would need control that would be for sure to change things.

I agree, but Merrill is an ironton graduate.not rock hill as stated.

loganlocos

Postby loganlocos » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:24 am

Orange and Brown wrote:

His next job will be at Logan.

I'd love that. But I don't think a commute FARTHER north is in his or his family's best interest.

RVRaiderFan

Postby RVRaiderFan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:32 am

bighead wrote:JMO GA next coach is keep it in the family Saunders LOL jmo

I've mentioned Coach Saunders name several times. I just don't think he wants it. Would you really want the job at the school where your Dad was the 'Woody Hayes" of the football program?!?!!?
PROUD RIVER VALLEY RAIDER ALUM! ONCE A RAIDER ALWAYS A RAIDER!

svac83

Postby svac83 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:52 pm

I don't see Penrod moving, I think Logan just to far way.. if he is going to leave.. Alexander I think it will be for a job closer to home... I think he stays at alexander

bighead

Postby bighead » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:13 am

You got to start somewhere !

osu 77

Postby osu 77 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:37 am

Gallia and RH 2 jobs that will need some to change their culture.

farmer

Postby farmer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:03 pm

Gallia will never have a highly successful program with the football field being away from the high school. The rest Rock Hill also. Getting a plan the fans, parents and players can get behind while not allowing school board and others not to overstep to control. From The lower lever of football up.

Will be hard to get a football coach in Rock Hill with all the politics and division of people who want to control/take credit for.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT

Postby YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:10 am

has either job been filled yet. I hope both programs get top quality candidates for the good of the league.

Attack

Postby Attack » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:37 pm

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:then after that he bought a farm in Arabia, and coached symmes valley. before coaching numerous places.

I have a lot of respect for Coach Triplett, and think he would be a good hire for either school.

YTB I love that town, Arabia. We go through there when we go down to Elkins Creek Horse Camp near Symmes Valley Schools. Some day I'm going to get a picture of my Arabian standing under the Arabia sign. :lol:

svac83

Postby svac83 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:01 pm

farmer wrote:Gallia will never have a highly successful program with the football field being away from the high school. The rest Rock Hill also. Getting a plan the fans, parents and players can get behind while not allowing school board and others not to overstep to control. From The lower lever of football up.

Will be hard to get a football coach in Rock Hill with all the politics and division of people who want to control/take credit for.

Why do you think they won't be successful with football field away from high school? I am just curious. I understand if you say they wont be successful until practice facilities are at high school. But don't understand why it matters where the field is.

farmer

Postby farmer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:33 pm

More with practice facilities being at the school. A lot less wasted time after school day. Having everything in one place. Not the worry about transportation with kids driving more. Also kind of like not having a coach not working at the high school. Just helps to make things seem like a campus and in this case not stuck in the past. Yes can be done but also easier for band to get to the game. Where it seems all the time like a road game.

Postby 1906 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:00 pm

and that equals success cmon

farmer

Postby farmer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:46 pm

Say what you want the football team has not won since the move and this year. Well believe what you want. As you can make excuses but their record will not change.
2 examples of schools in the OVC. Chesapeke had a terrible year when they had to play games up the road at South Point. Even though practice was still at the school. Ironton when they were building the school. They went to school away from the football field.

You can debate it all you like. But whatever it is it is not working and has not worked for years.

farmer

Postby farmer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:48 pm

1906 wrote:and that equals success cmon

No that doesn't equal success but sure doesn't hurt. If you are wanting to wave a magic wand and have success without putting in the work from grade school up. You are just living a dream instead of building a program.

Game day

Postby Game day » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:22 am

I agree in some cases but Gallia football field really needs an upgrade.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT

Postby YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Attack wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:then after that he bought a farm in Arabia, and coached symmes valley. before coaching numerous places.

I have a lot of respect for Coach Triplett, and think he would be a good hire for either school.

YTB I love that town, Arabia. We go through there when we go down to Elkins Creek Horse Camp near Symmes Valley Schools. Some day I'm going to get a picture of my Arabian standing under the Arabia sign. :lol:

I remember visiting there when Merrill had that pack of dogs. and his big horse Davey. I lived 8 miles out 141 for 32 years so went that way a lot cruising with the family.

Return to “Football”