7th Grade Boys Basketball

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

7th Grade Boys Basketball

Post by Ironman92 »

Who will be the players and teams to watch for?

Jackson will have a solid team. Boys went undefeated last year before losing in the state championship game last year in Columbus. Added a couple good players to that group. 5'11 Drew Bragg will be one of the top players around...and not because he's 5'11.

Waverly has 2 of the quickest guards anywhere. Robertson and Stully are fun to watch and they have a good big kid about 5''11 as well.

Meigs is excellent!

Vinton County will be very good and led by Evan Spires

Hillsboro has two excellent players a guard Ethan Parry and an athletic big kid

Chillicothe has good size and an excellent player.

Fairland has a very good team led by Aiden Porter

Wheelersburg is solid (depending on a good player that may be at South Webster)

South Gallia wil be one of the better D4 sized teams.

Across the river Russell Kentucky has some real nice players.

art_vandelay
SE

Re: 7th Grade Boys Basketball

Post by art_vandelay »

Ironman92 wrote:Who will be the players and teams to watch for?

As in the kid transferring from Webster to Burg?*

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

art_vandelay wrote:

As in the kid transferring from Webster to Burg?*
I don't really know. He's a good shooter and would make Wheelersburg better.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Scrimmage play

Jackson 49
Unioto 16

7th grade

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

The kid is comfortably at Webster. The mother had him playing on other teams growing up solely to play more games, with no intention of transferring.

South Webster 7th and 8th grade will both be very good. Truitt is probably the best 8th grader in the county, and Zimmerman is one of the best 7th graders in the county.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote:The kid is comfortably at Webster. The mother had him playing on other teams growing up solely to play more games, with no intention of transferring.

South Webster 7th and 8th grade will both be very good. Truitt is probably the best 8th grader in the county, and Zimmerman is one of the best 7th graders in the county.
Good deal. Webster should be a good smaller school then. Is Zimmerman a very athletic kid...about 5'9?

Is Truitt the 6'2 kid? He's tremendous.

reds4life
Waterboy

Post by reds4life »

Ironman92 wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:The kid is comfortably at Webster. The mother had him playing on other teams growing up solely to play more games, with no intention of transferring.

Good deal. Webster should be a good smaller school then. Is Zimmerman a very athletic kid...about 5'9?

I'd say Truitt is a tad taller than 6'2". Zimmerman maybe a tad shorter than 5'9". I have never heard anything about any of these guys transferring.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

reds4life wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

I'd say Truitt is a tad taller than 6'2". Zimmerman maybe a tad shorter than 5'9". I have never heard anything about any of these guys transferring.
Never said anything of the sort. As stated above he is a SW kid that played some with Wheelersburg when younger to get some extra games in....just so happened that he was on the Burg team a number of times when we faced them. I wasn't sure which school he attended.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote:

Yes, Truitt is probably around 6'2" for now. Good talent, even better kid.

Zimmerman isn't very tall, maybe 5'8ish? But he's taller than his brother was at that age. His brother is a senior this year and has already scored around 1100 points. I would argue that the one currently in 7th is a little better than his brother was at that age, however, his brother worked very hard to become a solid player so who knows what the future holds.

For a smaller school, South Webster should be fine. I've always been told that Jackson and Waverly are the best 7th grade teams around, they're not on that level, but for a small school they'll be competitive.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

Jackson will have a solid team. Boys went undefeated last year before losing in the state championship game last year in Columbus. Added a couple good players to that group. 5'11 Drew Bragg will be one of the top players around...and not because he's 5'11.

Waverly has 2 of the quickest guards anywhere. Robertson and Stully are fun to watch and they have a good big kid about 5''11 as well.

Meigs is excellent!

Vinton County will be very good and led by Evan Spires

Hillsboro has two excellent players a guard Ethan Parry and an athletic big kid

Chillicothe has good size and an excellent player.

Fairland has a very good team led by Aiden Porter

South Gallia wil be one of the better D4 sized teams.

Across the river Russell Kentucky has some real nice players.

I hear south Gallia is just playing an 8th grade schedule due to not enough kids for 2 teams.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Good to hear. Will have to get out and see the junior high play this year...have heard good things about Truitt and the rest of the team. Webster bball looking good for the foreseeable future with the classes they got coming.*

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

South Webster is at Jackson Monday. Both should be one of the best teams on the other's schedule.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

South Webster did defeat Burg last night in 7th grade (and 8th grade). I think 7th grade won by around 10 points?

Much bigger test Monday against the 7th grade at Jackson, who I've heard very good things about.

Irish
Freshman Team

Post by Irish »

Matt Sheridan from Ironton St.Joe is one of the best point guards in the tri-state. Great court vision and understands the game better than most kids his age.
Last edited by Irish on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 48
Athens 13

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

We are about midway through the season. Anyone care to give an assessment on who the best 7th grade teams are in the area? Would be good information to aid in next year's scheduling.

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson 8-0

Defeated Alexander at Alexander just now 63-9

I believe Jackson, Logan, Meigs and Waverly are the 4 top teams in 7th grade

Fairland, Warren Local, Vinton Co and Chillicothe all quite good that I know of....think Lynchburg Clay is good too.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly 8-0

Does anyone have any information on Minford? I heard they were pretty good. Waverly was to play them last week but the game got postponed.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toast wrote:Waverly 8-0

Does anyone have any information on Minford? I heard they were pretty good. Waverly was to play them last week but the game got postponed.
Who has Waverly played? From 3rd thru 6th grade we played them a lot. They always handled us in 3rd and 4th...5th grade games were tight but they always got us...last year in 6th grade we beat them 3x (I think by 2,7 and 10 points) This year we have a starting player that wasn't on the 6th grade team and another good scoring bench player as well....but Daddy ball is over now :)

Who coaches Waverly 7th grade?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

toast wrote:Waverly 8-0

I imagine bbjunky knows.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”