Schools that charge for parking?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Schools that charge for parking?

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Tigercannon71 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:personally I have never had a problem with paying to park on a lot like central Christian church at ironton, or ohio university. because the money is going to a good cause and the lots are watched by workers. less chance of a break in. but ironton does not charge to park in their parking lot or any area surrounding the school.

Ironton started charging last year. They said if you don't charge during regular season you can't charge during the playoffs so they started charging a fee to park on the school lot. Players can't even park on the lot any more. My mom and Dad get to the game at like 5 and since I was in school they parked at the same spot every time, but not any more they have to park on the street next to the stadium. It's a bunch of crap to charge people to park on the school lot.

I was unaware of that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Raider6309 wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Kentucky seems more about the kids, while the OHSAA seems to care more about money.
How can you say something that ridiculous when Ohio plays its finals at Ohio State and Kentucky plays at Western Kentucky

I agree.at least play them at uk or Louisville.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Kentucky seems more about the kids, while the OHSAA seems to care more about money.
How can you say something that ridiculous when Ohio plays its finals at Ohio State and Kentucky plays at Western Kentucky

I agree.at least play them at uk or Louisville.
UK's facility sucks lol
Besides, kids in Kentucky don't grow up dreaming of playing football at UK or UL.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

cbolt wrote:Speaking of turf replacement Logan will be needing one shortly,they say the lifespan is 8-10 years.Hope they add more color this time around.Logan does not charge for parking but I think they do during playoffs.
Would be a good source of income for turf replacement!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

formerfcfan wrote:
Pol pot wrote:If he's not bragging about himself then he's complaining about Ohio and the OHSAA. Funny a guy will drive 180 miles one-way for a game and then bitch about the charge to park.
Similarly, it's funny a guy's entire shtick on this message board is deriding others 24/7.

No, every year he starts the same threads, why aren't you attending the finals; programs too expensive; parking too expensive; State only cares about money; I went to 100 games, etc.

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

mrwonderful wrote:OHSSA is worse than what colleges have to put up with.....Restrictions on how many games you can play...Restrictions on practice...KY does it right.. Those kids play double the games in Baseball and Basketball OHIO does...
:lol:

so which is it?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

mrwonderful wrote:OHSSA is worse than what colleges have to put up with.....Restrictions on how many games you can play...Restrictions on practice...KY does it right.. Those kids play double the games in Baseball and Basketball OHIO does...
So in KY they play 44 basketball games? I'm not buying that.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:

Well the Greenup County, KY Musketeers baseball record last year was 39-2. So, 41 games versus probably 20-something that most Ohio teams played after taking into account weather cancellations. I think the most an Ohio school can schedule including scrimmages is 27? Not sure about that.

So yeah twice is pretty close at least when you are talking baseball.

Greenup traveled to either Florida or Myrtle Beach as I recall and probably played 10 games their before the season. Many Ohio schools meanwhile only have a certain window that they can travel more than a state away prior to their regular baseball season. No such window for Kentucky teams to my knowledge.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:

Well the Greenup County, KY Musketeers baseball record last year was 39-2. So, 41 games versus probably 20-something that most Ohio teams played after taking into account weather cancellations. I think the most an Ohio school can schedule including scrimmages is 27? Not sure about that.

So yeah twice is pretty close at least when you are talking baseball.

Greenup traveled to either Florida or Myrtle Beach as I recall and probably played 10 games their before the season. Many Ohio schools meanwhile only have a certain window that they can travel more than a state away prior to their regular baseball season. No such window for Kentucky teams to my knowledge.
I meant basketball doubleplay. Thanks for the clarification on baseball though!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Most teams in KY schedule between 26 and 29 games.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Can 7th graders still play on varsity in Kentucky?

crashdavis188
Riding the Bench

Post by crashdavis188 »

Max preps has Greenup County Basketball schedule at 38 games.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

crashdavis188 wrote:Max preps has Greenup County Basketball schedule at 38 games.
Their maxpreps is all messed up. Has 4 games on 12/10

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Doesn't KY only award a single state title for basketball, unlike Ohio awarding four?

If that is the case, then would you rather play a longer regular season with a very minimal chance of winning the state title (as a small enrollment school) or a 22 game season with a state tournament that gives small schools a chance to win a title?

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Tigercannon71 wrote: Ironton started charging last year. They said if you don't charge during regular season you can't charge during the playoffs so they started charging a fee to park on the school lot. Players can't even park on the lot any more. My mom and Dad get to the game at like 5 and since I was in school they parked at the same spot every time, but not any more they have to park on the street next to the stadium. It's a bunch of crap to charge people to park on the school lot.
As Orange and Brown confirmed earlier, that is incorrect. I've seen a number of people swear that the stipulation is true, so it may have been an OHSAA rule in years past, but not today.

In fact, the only OHSAA reg you can find on charging parking fees for football games is regarding tournament games - see section 4, item 16:
http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/ftrglt.pdf

NOTE: I believe the $3.00 maximum is an increase from 2015. Then and in prior years, the max listed was $2.00
Orange and Brown wrote: That's not the case. OHSAA encourages schools to charge for parking during playoff games but it doesn't matter weather you charge or not in the regular season.
Schools charge for parking during playoff games because they keep all of that money.
If you are hosting a neutral site game you don't make any money from ticket sales at all and even if you are hosting a first round game you only male a 1.20 per presale ticket.
Exactly right. Hamilton Township has been hosting playoff games since 2008, and we have only charged to park for those games - never during the regular season. You'd think we would have been dinged by OHSAA by now if there was such a by-law about the regular season, and I know of other host schools who only charge when hosting playoffs.

There have been two playoff games at Hamilton Twp where we did NOT charge for parking - the only two times HT was the higher seed with home field advantage in week 11. That was an administrative decision by the athletic department, and I don't think our fans or the visiting fans minded one bit.
Last edited by Zunardo on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Zunardo wrote:
Tigercannon71 wrote: Ironton started charging last year. They said if you don't charge during regular season you can't charge during the playoffs so they started charging a fee to park on the school lot. Players can't even park on the lot any more. My mom and Dad get to the game at like 5 and since I was in school they parked at the same spot every time, but not any more they have to park on the street next to the stadium. It's a bunch of crap to charge people to park on the school lot.
As Orange and Brown confirmed earlier, that is incorrect. I've seen a number of people swear that the stipulation is true, so it may have been an OHSAA rule in years past, but not today.

In fact, the only OHSAA reg you can find on charging parking fees for football games is regarding tournament games - see section 4, item 16:
http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/ftrglt.pdf

NOTE: I believe the $3.00 maximum is an increase from 2015. Then and in prior years, the max listed was $2.00
Orange and Brown wrote:
noreply66 wrote: That's not the case. OHSAA encourages schools to charge for parking during playoff games but it doesn't matter weather you charge or not in the regular season.
Schools charge for parking during playoff games because they keep all of that money.
If you are hosting a neutral site game you don't make any money from ticket sales at all and even if you are hosting a first round game you only male a 1.20 per presale ticket.
Exactly right. Hamilton Township has been hosting playoff games since 2008, and we have only charged to park for those games - never during the regular season. You'd think we would have been dinged by OHSAA by now if there was such a by-law about the regular season, and I know of other host schools who only charge when hosting playoffs.

There have been two playoff games at Hamilton Twp where we did NOT charge for parking - the only two times HT was the higher seed with home field advantage in week 11. That was an administrative decision by the athletic department, and I don't think our fans or the visiting fans minded one bit.
The quote above was not made by me :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

noreply66 wrote:
The quote above was not made by me :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
My apologies, noreply66. I was trying to quote Orange and Brown and delete the additional quotes by others, and didn't clear your name out, and I didn't catch it.

I just fixed my post, so it should look better now. Thanks for the heads-up.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Everything is fine...Thanks

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”