Schools that charge for parking?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Schools that charge for parking?

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Are they just allowed to charge you to park on a public lot that is free six days a week, or do they have to get a permit or is some other legal move made them?

Just curious.

On a side note I have not found any schools in Kentucky that charge for parking.

That is what led to this post about Ohio schools doing this.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Schools that charge for parking?

Post by Orange and Brown »

Schools can choose to charge you to park on their property, no permits needed...

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

personally I have never had a problem with paying to park on a lot like central Christian church at ironton, or ohio university. because the money is going to a good cause and the lots are watched by workers. less chance of a break in. but ironton does not charge to park in their parking lot or any area surrounding the school.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Thanks for the answer. Ohio needs to learn from Kentucky.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:personally I have never had a problem with paying to park on a lot like central Christian church at ironton, or ohio university. because the money is going to a good cause and the lots are watched by workers. less chance of a break in. but ironton does not charge to park in their parking lot or any area surrounding the school.
Just like bait, If a school charges for parking I am I fine with it. Put it in a fund for example turf replacement!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Speaking of turf replacement Logan will be needing one shortly,they say the lifespan is 8-10 years.Hope they add more color this time around.Logan does not charge for parking but I think they do during playoffs.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I have enjoyed my trips to Logan. You are correct no charge during the season. I believe it is three bucks come playoffs.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

The OVC already charges 6 dollars a game instead of most others 5.....I think it's bull that some places charge to park....

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:I have enjoyed my trips to Logan. You are correct no charge during the season. I believe it is three bucks come playoffs.
I thought I heard if you charge for play offs you had to charge for every game. I don't think Logan charges for play off. I didn't go to one there this year but in the past I never paid.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote: I thought I heard if you charge for play offs you had to charge for every game. I don't think Logan charges for play off. I didn't go to one there this year but in the past I never paid.
Logan charges, cant remember if $3 or $2

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

noreply66 wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:I have enjoyed my trips to Logan. You are correct no charge during the season. I believe it is three bucks come playoffs.
I thought I heard if you charge for play offs you had to charge for every game. I don't think Logan charges for play off. I didn't go to one there this year but in the past I never paid.
That's not the case. OHSAA encourages schools to charge for parking during playoff games but it doesn't matter weather you charge or not in the regular season.
Schools charge for parking during playoff games because they keep all of that money.
If you are hosting a neutral site game you don't make any money from ticket sales at all and even if you are hosting a first round game you only male a 1.20 per presale ticket.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

OHSSA is worse than what colleges have to put up with.....Restrictions on how many games you can play...Restrictions on practice...KY does it right.. Those kids play double the games in Baseball and Basketball OHIO does...

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Kentucky seems more about the kids, while the OHSAA seems to care more about money.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:personally I have never had a problem with paying to park on a lot like central Christian church at ironton, or ohio university. because the money is going to a good cause and the lots are watched by workers. less chance of a break in. but ironton does not charge to park in their parking lot or any area surrounding the school.

Ironton started charging last year. They said if you don't charge during regular season you can't charge during the playoffs so they started charging a fee to park on the school lot. Players can't even park on the lot any more. My mom and Dad get to the game at like 5 and since I was in school they parked at the same spot every time, but not any more they have to park on the street next to the stadium. It's a bunch of crap to charge people to park on the school lot.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Kentucky seems more about the kids, while the OHSAA seems to care more about money.
How can you say something that ridiculous when Ohio plays its finals at Ohio State and Kentucky plays at Western Kentucky

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Raider6309 wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Kentucky seems more about the kids, while the OHSAA seems to care more about money.
How can you say something that ridiculous when Ohio plays its finals at Ohio State and Kentucky plays at Western Kentucky
UL isn't interested in hosting the state championship's and UK's stadium sucks so WKU is a good option.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

If he's not bragging about himself then he's complaining about Ohio and the OHSAA. Funny a guy will drive 180 miles one-way for a game and then bitch about the charge to park.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Pol pot wrote:If he's not bragging about himself then he's complaining about Ohio and the OHSAA. Funny a guy will drive 180 miles one-way for a game and then bitch about the charge to park.
Similarly, it's funny a guy's entire shtick on this message board is deriding others 24/7.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

You mustn't get on him about stalking me and taking his third grade level shots at me. She has a horrible life in the real world and needs to feel better about herself and this is only achieved by her time on these boards.

Just pray for her and let her do as she needs.

Now back to the topic.
There seems to be some talk about changes being made as far as where the Kentucky state finals are played.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I really have no problem with schools charging to park

Return to “Football”