2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

osu 77
All State

Re: 2017 IRONTON ''FIGHTING TIGER'' FOOTBALL.

Post by osu 77 »

Tigercannon71 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:look at the differences in the mac and how things used to be for us.

That has nothing to do with us. We have enough athletes to play all sports. It's the fact that kids don't want to get out and work. They don't want to put effort into something.
I agree somewhat but the kids have no respect for the coaches. I have talked to several and they all talk about the double standard they have for different kids. Once again I will say Vass should off his butt and push these kids tp go out

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

osu 77 wrote:
Tigercannon71 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:look at the differences in the mac and how things used to be for us.

That has nothing to do with us. We have enough athletes to play all sports. It's the fact that kids don't want to get out and work. They don't want to put effort into something.
I agree somewhat but the kids have no respect for the coaches. I have talked to several and they all talk about the double standard they have for different kids. Once again I will say Vass should off his butt and push these kids tp go out

GIVE THAT MAN A CE-------------GAR WE GOTTA WINNER.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

The favoritism definately shows. Everyone should be given the same equal opportunities,shouldn't matter who your dad and mom are. If kids want to play then play. Don't show up after the HARD work is done. When things happen like that and the kids who DID their time,can't even get in the game because others get put in before them who DIDNT,is just wrong. Also while I'm on my soapbox...I'm not disrespecting any kid,it's a very tough,brutal at times sport and I know injuries occur,but honestly how does someone make all State,District? Do the coaches vote? I'm saying Jaxson Pleasant had a great year and never got so much as a sniff at any yearend awards. By watching this team and seeing who was making plays on the Defense...He had 40+ tackles more than the next man. So to Jaxon, people did notice your hard work and sportsman ship.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm going to make this known. when I was there in the mid 70's under bob lutz. a motto of his was if you can play you will. he couldn't have given a rat's rearend who your momma or daddy was. he started the best 11 on each side. but he got us all in anytime he could. and we all got substantial playing time. mostly because the were smearing folks, everybody. but the point I'm making here is the game was the easy part there. practices were killer. and I loved it. and it showed with the starters on Friday. bob took no crap, pulled no punches, didn't have kids from other districts then, and if you lost you better be there Monday. and be very hydrated. and your moms n pops already knew what you were in for, and encouraged it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm going to make this known. when I was there in the mid 70's under bob lutz. a motto of his was if you can play you will. he couldn't have given a rat's rearend who your momma or daddy was. he started the best 11 on each side. but he got us all in anytime he could. and we all got substantial playing time. mostly because the were smearing folks, everybody. but the point I'm making here is the game was the easy part there. practices were killer. and I loved it. and it showed with the starters on Friday. bob took no crap, pulled no punches, didn't have kids from other districts then, and if you lost you better be there Monday. and be very hydrated. and your moms n pops already knew what you were in for, and encouraged it.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

12gauge wrote:The favoritism definately shows. Everyone should be given the same equal opportunities,shouldn't matter who your dad and mom are. If kids want to play then play. Don't show up after the HARD work is done. When things happen like that and the kids who DID their time,can't even get in the game because others get put in before them who DIDNT,is just wrong. Also while I'm on my soapbox...I'm not disrespecting any kid,it's a very tough,brutal at times sport and I know injuries occur,but honestly how does someone make all State,District? Do the coaches vote? I'm saying Jaxson Pleasant had a great year and never got so much as a sniff at any yearend awards. By watching this team and seeing who was making plays on the Defense...He had 40+ tackles more than the next man. So to Jaxon, people did notice your hard work and sportsman ship.
The coaches place you out there for the sports writers to vote on. I agree with you no doubt in my mind the Pleasant kid out played everyone on defense night in and night out. I was shocked he was left off the team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I was told by many, many people this season when I was at games that we had a defensive lineman who came in late, after physical fitness. and told the staff that he ran absolutely no sprints or grass drills and played defensively only. and started. I have no idea the name and don't want to know.------------------------------------- frankly I could care less who it is or was. if in fact there is any truth to this whatsoever, then you don't have to dig any deeper to see why we have problems. in the immortal words of forrest gump. that's all I got to say about that. ----------------------------------- there I done it. I heard it all year. now I'm asking if there is any validity to it. I'm not knocking anyone, stirring anything, it's a simple yes or no question.------------------ my only other question would be if there is any truth to this whatsoever, is why-- physical/medical problem. or just a demand.i will not argue with not one poster, and don't even want to know a name. is it true, that's all i'm asking ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well i'll let the cat out of the bag, it has been confirmed true by multiple sources. so I don't really need to ask any further questions. and thanks for the pm's here n facebook to confirm it's truth. and not mentioning anybody here. as I wished would be the case. and we wonder why we have a problem. sad.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Last word i got from tigertown is weber and samuel will both suit up as seniors and relive their hs years for the tigers this year also heard that emory jones will be trans in and run the qb spot for a lethal option O

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have no idea who you're talking about legend.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Running backs for Ohio State. Emory I think is a QB from Bama transferring out to another school.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oh I see. let the recruiting begin I spect.

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Looks like the makings of a good team if we stay healthy, backfield should have a few to choose from to say the least, some good youngins coming up, just need to get off to a fast start, heard Tigers were hitting weights and a couple out wrestling won't be that long until burg comes to the tank

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we need some big changes brother.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

whatever that takes. not suggesting anything, just big changes.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:whatever that takes. not suggesting anything, just big changes.
I agree but we are just happy winning the OVC. Only 2 kids in the high school out for wrestling. That tells me there is no support from the coaching staffs at Ironton. Also I went by the weight room for 3 straight days they are lifting but the head coach is no ware in site. Yes it is time for a change but politics is killing the football program. By the way there have been many attempts for quality coaches to get on the staff but they are not related to any of the coaches. (Politics)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

let's be honest here. without mentioning any names.

can you imagine under bob lutz or Merrill triplett or bruney. a kid coming in after physical fitness. telling a coach he runs no sprints and only plays defense and starts. that to me is outlandish and I cannot even fathom it. even if the current staff stays in tact that is preposterous to ever repeat. I think we have a decent staff that loves tiger football but between that and what I'm hearing about the weight room and off season conditioning we'll never see ironton play at that level again.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:let's be honest here. without mentioning any names.

can you imagine under bob lutz or Merrill triplett or bruney. a kid coming in after physical fitness. telling a coach he runs no sprints and only plays defense and starts. that to me is outlandish and I cannot even fathom it. even if the current staff stays in tact that is preposterous to ever repeat. I think we have a decent staff that loves tiger football but between that and what I'm hearing about the weight room and off season conditioning we'll never see ironton play at that level again.
Find it hard to believe parents would allow a kid to do that. I would laugh at my child if they told me they were going to try something like that. Then we would have a long talk

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well it happened this season. my dad would have dusted my crops for even thinkin that outloud. and bob lutz would have booted me in the ---.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:well it happened this season. my dad would have dusted my crops for even thinkin that outloud. and bob lutz would have booted me in the ---.
It would be very hard for a coach to keep the respect of his team allowing nonsense like that

Return to “Football”