Division V, Region 17

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Division V, Region 17

Post by Orange and Brown »

RVRaiderFan wrote:My understand is that RV is 100% in, of course, with a win over Shadyside. It is also my understanding that they are basically in even if they lose, but several things could happen to knock them out. Key here.....BEAT Shadyside and you are definitely in!

GO RAIDERS!!!!
That is certainly the easiest way of getting in. :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

cg-ironton fan wrote:wheelersburg could lay down in week 10 and get back to back weeks VS PORTS WEST no 1 has tossed this theory out LOL

someone would have check see if they still be ahead of zane trace
Wheelersburg does not want to share the SOC title with Valley, so they still have something to play for.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

4thgoal wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:wheelersburg could lay down in week 10 and get back to back weeks VS PORTS WEST no 1 has tossed this theory out LOL

Wheelersburg does not want to share the SOC title with Valley, so they still have something to play for.
your probably right, however it would be awful to get any starter hurt in a pointless game and by giving game to west they eliminate ironton and get to play west again the following week !!! LOL

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg vs. West has always been a rivalry, even in years when the records weren't close. A little trivia for you....West has more wins aginst Wheelersburg than any other opponent. Also, Drew Pasteur has West with only a 10% chance of the playoffs with a win this week.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

4thgoal wrote:Burg vs. West has always been a rivalry, even in years when the records weren't close. A little trivia for you....West has more wins aginst Wheelersburg than any other opponent. Also, Drew Pasteur has West with only a 10% chance of the playoffs with a win this week.
drew must be on some good juice and bad math LOL!! if west wins they will be number 8 if cg and waverly win!!! and Coshocton cant win 3 of there L2 games!!!

and yes west would edge ironton out if this happens like this

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
4thgoal wrote:Burg vs. West has always been a rivalry, even in years when the records weren't close. A little trivia for you....West has more wins aginst Wheelersburg than any other opponent. Also, Drew Pasteur has West with only a 10% chance of the playoffs with a win this week.
drew must be on some good juice and bad math LOL!! if west wins they will be number 8 if cg and waverly win!!! and Coshocton cant win 3 of there L2 games!!!

You're right. Drew does have some bad math. I am calculating West has far less than a 2% chance to win this Friday.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Burg and West is always a wild game.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

BlueDuck wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:

You're right. Drew does have some bad math. I am calculating West has far less than a 2% chance to win this Friday.
I think 4th and goal said west has less than 10% even if they win, however if you do the math should west pull of the upset they would be 90% chance of landing on #8

check it out for yourself the numbers don't lie!!!

and burg is very well coached , I give them that, this will be interesting to see how this situation is handled LOL

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

okay i originally started my spread sheet in week 6. i went back and checked today and have a couple of minor math errors and while doing that have broken down almost every possible scenario.
1. wheelersburg 26.16 this is with a win. and ironton, jackson, oak hill and valley winning. if they lost this game and every possible second level point with the exception of jackson they would be at 23.03 and still number 1
2. zane trace i have them with a conservative total of. 22.25 this is with a win over westfall and a paint valley win over piketon. if waverly beats portsmouth they would be setting at 22.7 points and that is a very interesting number. they have an additional 12.5 second level points they could pick up but they are less then 50% chance.
3. alexander if they beat meigs and if harvest prep beats fairfield christian they would be at 22.6 points. if wellston would beat vinton county they would be at 22.7 points and tied with zane trace. i have no idea how tie breakers go. if river valley beats shadyside and i would think that is at least a 60% chance then they would be at 23.05 and would be 2nd unless zane trace pulled out some unlikely points. they could make it to 23.15 if nelsonville york would upset athens.
if alexander loses and harvest prep beats fairfield christian. alexander is at 19.2 and clearly third in region.
4. ridgewood 16.9 with a win over newcomerstown. they only have 11 other l2 points they could achieve and that is not enough to catch alexander. if they lose at 15.45 still in.
5. river valley 15.06 with a win over shadyside and rock hill win over fairland. and they get to 15.16 if wellston beats vinton county. they could earn additional points from nelsonville york, eastern, or gallia academy none of which are likely. a river valley loss to shadyside and a rock hill win would leave them at. 13.60 and that would be more then likely good enough to get in and they would be at 13.70 if wellston beats vinton county.
6. harrison central i have at 14.72 that is with a win over buckeye local and a weir wv. win over east liverpool. they would need a claymont 1-8 win over marysville 7-2 or a union local 4-5 over barnesville 6-3 or a edison 1-8 win over 6-3 indian creek or a oak glen wv 3.5 over a beaver oh 4-5. one of these teams winning would give them a total of 15.14 to 15.24. a barnesville win would leave them behind river valley if wellston wins. a bellaire win would give them another .05 in there final average. so 5 and 6 could be very close.
7. rock hill 13.7222 this is with a win over fairland and a oak hill win over green. they could pick up
0.3888 final points with a northwest win over symmes valley. 0.4444 points with a chesapeake win over coal grove .5555 points with a portsmouth win over waverly. so if weir west virginia would lose or if 2 or more of these teams would win they could catch harrison central. if they would lose this game and oak hill would win they would still be at 13.22. this would also move river valleys average down to 13.20 if they would of lost to shadyside.
8. ironton 13.25 with a win over south point they can get to 13.75 if portsmouth would beat waverly.
so they could catch rock hill and with a river valley loss and a portsmouth win squeeze by river valley if everything fell right.
9. coshocton. 12.94 with a win over riverview and a 2.7 bishop rosecrans team beating a 1-8 cotton valley team. then they would need one of the following to happen to catch ironton at 13.25. 1-8 west holmes to beat a 2-7 clearfork or 3-6 new lexington to beat 6-3 sheridan. a 1-8 claymont to beat a 7-2 marysville. they would need 2 of these games to come through if portsmouth were to beat waverly would also need 2 of them to catch a river valley that had lost to shdyside and 2 catch rock hill unless they lost.
10.oak hill highest possible total 12.65 cannot imagine a scenario this is good enough in
11. portsmouth west. highest possible total 14.017. first thing they have to beat wheelersburg, then need coal gorve, minford waverly and fairland to win. if fairland doesn't beat rock hill the highest they can get is 13.56. so the only team they could realalistically catch would be ironton. but what is chances of coal grove minford and waverly all 3 winning on a night portsmouth west also upset wheelersburg.

so that is the down low on this region.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

I think west only needs 3 of those L2 games to come through, I originally thought 2 but your right all that is to much to ask for LOL

burg will not lay down against pwest anyways LOL , I wouldn't be shocked though if they don't yank the starters quickers though!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Mid 3rd at the latest.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

svac83,

Harrison Central has guaranteed 2nd level points coming from Bellaire/Martins Ferry. They beat both teams. If Martins Ferry wins and Weir beats East Liverpool that gives them a total of 15.14 even if they get no other 2nd level points from any of their other defeated opponents.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

zt is guaranteed 4 wins
could get another from waverly vs. portsmouth
LE could win but they are really banged up i guess

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

zt is guaranteed 4 wins
could get another from waverly vs. portsmouth
LE could win but they are really banged up i guess

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

hammer89 wrote:svac83,

Harrison Central has guaranteed 2nd level points coming from Bellaire/Martins Ferry. They beat both teams. If Martins Ferry wins and Weir beats East Liverpool that gives them a total of 15.14 even if they get no other 2nd level points from any of their other defeated opponents.
i understand they have 4.0 guaranteed points from bellaire martins ferry but if bellaire wins they get an extra .5 points the other 4 points already in their guaranteed minimum. so they are only at 14.72 points at that time

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

4thgoal wrote:

After beating the indians as bad as they did last wk to lose to west and have to share the gold ball with the indians would just be devastating. With that being said I don't think the burg will take west lightly

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

Raider6309 wrote:Wheelersburg's nightmare is probably going to happen. A rematch with the second best team in the region week 11
Burg won't play Zane Trace in week 11. :?

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Ironton loses the first 4 games and then Scraped By The OVC Teams and somehow are the 2nd best team in the region?
Burg's wins against Valley And Jackson are better than all of Ironton's wins. How would this even be a close game?

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

I've had the opportunity to watch both these teams play in the last couple of weeks, Wheelersburg is a 4 score better team then Ironton.....That is no nightmare for Burg and Ironton is no way the second best in the region.....LAUGHABLE.......

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

^^^^ Finally someone with some sense.

Return to “Football”