Sectional Draw is Complete

mglight88
SE

Sectional Draw is Complete

Post by mglight88 »

What does everyone think about their spot in the draw and their teams opponent ?
My Minford Lady Falcons picked up a #4 seed at home and will play North Adams on Tuesday May 7th

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Re: Sectional Draw is Complete

Post by softball24_7 »

do you have a link to look at the brackets? Checked on ohsaa but couldnt find it posted

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Link please

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Last edited by smurray on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Dont really see how clay got the one over ND .. but there isn't a ton of difference between a 1 and 2 seed . ND handled them pretty easy at ND , Clay needed a 7th inning walk off to beat them 2-1 .. I'd think edge to ND by a slim margin ?

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:44 pm Dont really see how clay got the one over ND .. but there isn't a ton of difference between a 1 and 2 seed . ND handled them pretty easy at ND , Clay needed a 7th inning walk off to beat them 2-1 .. I'd think edge to ND by a slim margin ?
I think it could have gone either the way it did or flipped the seedings. A few things that may have led to the seedings

I think if you were to watch both games you would have seen maybe the difference in play and that ND is not a team that is 11-4 score better.

I think the number of quality wins between the two. Clay had Fairfield Union twice, Vinton County and Wellston. ND had Ironton, Circleville and Jackson.

I think the real reasons was the late games last Thursday. Clay easily beat Wellston who was 16-2 by a score of 7-1. ND lost to Waverly 4-0. I think if one of three things happen that night ND gets the 1 seed. If Clay loses, or ND Wins or the games don't get played due to rain (rain was forecasted) then ND gets the 1 seed. I think Clay's win and ND loss propelled Clay to the one seed.

Not that it matters. If both do their business they should match up again in Reginal Semis where I think you will see a game like the second game they had where it will be close and could go either way.

Return to “Softball”