Division II seeding

bman
SEO

Division II seeding

Post by bman »

North — Sheridan, Fairfield Union, Circleville, Logan Elm, Washington Court House, Miami Trace, Hillsboro, McClain
South — Chillicothe, Unioto, Jackson, Vinton County, Waverly, Warren, Gallia Academy, Athens, River Valley

How I'd seed the North entering this week:

1. Sheridan (18-0)
2. Miami Trace (11-2)
3. Logan Elm (12-6)
4. Circleville (6-6)
5. Fairfield Union (7-11)
6. Greenfield (8-7)
7. Hillsboro (5-11)
8. Court House (4-15)

Big game this week with Circleville and Logan Elm playing. Circleville came from behind to win in extra innings in first meeting.

Buckeye Bobb
Waterboy

Re: Division II seeding

Post by Buckeye Bobb »

Looks like a fair list to me. If Circleville can beat LE again, it would be difficult to see them being slotted behind them regardless of records. FU's record is deceiving, they are a good team with a lot of close losses against good teams. They will be a tough draw for someone for sure.

On the South side, Waverly (12-3) vs Unioto (13-3) on Tuesday should help sort out the top as long as there aren't any other slip-ups by either team this week.

Then close between VC (11-6), River Valley (9-8), and Jackson (9-7). River Valley beat VC head-to-head, which complicates things. Jackson has some good wins, but also a couple of tough losses.

Gallia Academy (5-9), Warren (5-12) -- decent teams with not-so-great records. Could lead to tough draws for the higher seeds.

Chillicothe (5-9) and Athens (3-10) round out the list.

Should be interesting.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Buckeye Bobb wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:36 am Looks like a fair list to me. If Circleville can beat LE again, it would be difficult to see them being slotted behind them regardless of records. FU's record is deceiving, they are a good team with a lot of close losses against good teams. They will be a tough draw for someone for sure.

On the South side, Waverly (12-3) vs Unioto (13-3) on Tuesday should help sort out the top as long as there aren't any other slip-ups by either team this week.

Then close between VC (11-6), River Valley (9-8), and Jackson (9-7). River Valley beat VC head-to-head, which complicates things. Jackson has some good wins, but also a couple of tough losses.

Gallia Academy (5-9), Warren (5-12) -- decent teams with not-so-great records. Could lead to tough draws for the higher seeds.

Chillicothe (5-9) and Athens (3-10) round out the list.

Should be interesting.
Agree with Circleville being seeded over LE if they sweep the regular-season series. Circleville has some ability if it can put things together. Been too inconsistent so far this season.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

bman wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:17 am North — Sheridan, Fairfield Union, Circleville, Logan Elm, Washington Court House, Miami Trace, Hillsboro, McClain
South — Chillicothe, Unioto, Jackson, Vinton County, Waverly, Warren, Gallia Academy, Athens, River Valley

1. Sheridan (18-0)
2. Miami Trace (11-2)
3. Logan Elm (12-6)
4. Circleville (6-6)
6. Greenfield (8-7)
7. Hillsboro (5-11)
8. Court House (4-15)

Big game this week with Circleville and Logan Elm playing. Circleville came from behind to win in extra innings in first meeting.

Waverly has The Burg, Unioto and Notre Dame this week
Plus X2 Northwest & X2 Wash CH.

Burg[D3], Unioto [D2], Notre Dame[D4]
All in the same week is probably the toughest week on any schedule in the area this year.

Vinton County dropped a game this weekend to Clay[D4] and beat Georgetown.
They have Alexander, Nelsonville-York and Wellston to play before the draw.

Before Sundays draw Unioto faces:
Paint Valley [D4]
Waverley [D2]
Piketon [D3]
Southeastern [D3]

In the south
I would like to think Tuesdays match up is for the #1 and #2 seeds

3- Vinton County

4- Jackson

5- River Valley

6- Gallia Academy

7- Warren

8- Chilly

9- Athens

Does the North and South inner twine during sectional play or do we wave two North and South roads to the Athens this year?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Xtoxxviii wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:03 pm
bman wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:17 am North — Sheridan, Fairfield Union, Circleville, Logan Elm, Washington Court House, Miami Trace, Hillsboro, McClain

1. Sheridan (18-0)
2. Miami Trace (11-2)
3. Logan Elm (12-6)
4. Circleville (6-6)
6. Greenfield (8-7)
7. Hillsboro (5-11)
8. Court House (4-15)

Waverly has The Burg, Unioto and Notre Dame this week
Plus X2 Northwest & X2 Wash CH.

Burg[D3], Unioto [D2], Notre Dame[D4]
All in the same week is probably the toughest week on any schedule in the area this year.

Vinton County dropped a game this weekend to Clay[D4] and beat Georgetown.
They have Alexander, Nelsonville-York and Wellston to play before the draw.

Before Sundays draw Unioto faces:
Paint Valley [D4]
Waverley [D2]
Piketon [D3]
Southeastern [D3]

In the south
I would like to think Tuesdays match up is for the #1 and #2 seeds

3- Vinton County

4- Jackson

5- River Valley

6- Gallia Academy

7- Warren

8- Chilly

9- Athens

Does the North and South inner twine during sectional play or do we wave two North and South roads to the Athens this year?
Two teams from each sectional advance to district. Sectional play is only within your assigned sectional.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

Waverly beat Unioto 7-4

I am guessing Unioto may get 2nd or 3rd seed.

Tigers pitching was really good coming off a Wheelersburg loss. So they will ride Robinson all the way.

Unioto has some work to do, to be ready for tournament.

Buckeye Bobb
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye Bobb »

Jackson lost to Alexander 13-0 last night? Coming off a solid win vs MT, that's a tough loss during seeding week. Alexander is good, but the score was surprising.

Waverly should be the 1 seed and Unioto the 2.

3/4/5 seeds seem to be up for grabs between Vinton Co, Jackson and River Valley.

6/7/8/9 also seem to be a toss up based on records of Warren, Chillicothe, Athens and Gallia Academy.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:54 am Waverly beat Unioto 7-4

I am guessing Unioto may get 2nd or 3rd seed.

Tigers pitching was really good coming off a Wheelersburg loss. So they will ride Robinson all the way.

Unioto has some work to do, to be ready for tournament.
Unioto needs to step up its schedule a little more with playing in a Division III conference. This was a good game to schedule for them and playing in the Circleville Invitational is good, but they need to add some more to that. A lot of the Division II teams they play are of the weaker variety in our district from the FAC. Going down to the Valley of Thunder and getting 2-3 games against solid Division I/II opponents may be something they want to think about in coming years. There are also a variety of invitationals and tri's they could get involved in around the Columbus area if the first suggestion doesn't work.

Unioto has a lot of talent, but the only way to mold that and challenge it to rise to the next level is by having more adverse situations to handle.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly 6-0 win at Northwest tonight.

Kroeter
Riding the Bench

Post by Kroeter »

Sheridan 11 (20-0)
Maysville 3

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

Need to be careful with looking at records only. I'd like to think coaches will do some research before voting on record alone. Examples: with the bad Jackson loss (13-0 to Alexander, who is 2nd in the TVC at the moment) and another example, Zane Trace losing (13-4 to Athens this week, who is below middle of the pack in the TVC at the moment, while ZT is 7-3 in the SVC). Athens also beat Gallia 5-0 but split with River Valley. It looks like many of the TVC teams have been beating up on each other this year. Some years one league is top-heavy while another is competitive top to bottom. I am just wondering if maybe the TVC is a little tougher this year than people may realize. Could be some sleepers in the tourney, all divisions, if coaches vote by record alone.

Kroeter
Riding the Bench

Post by Kroeter »

Agree Nuke

Records can be deceiving when several leagues are involved. Tough seeding, but in the case of DII with only 1 team coming and no choice of spot on bracket, as ALL OTHER DISTRICTS do, kinda makes it simple.

I still have never understood the SE not drawing as the other districts do. Let teams choose where they want to go then we will see who jumps in with a team that may have a deceiving record.

WHY IS IT THAT SE DOESN'T DRAW THE SAME WAY AS REST OF STATE???? MAYBE THEN THEY WOULD GET THE BEST TO THE DISTRICTS ON A REGULAR BASIS THEN HAVE THEM KNOCK EACH OTHER OUT IN A LOADED SECTIONAL!!!!

North Records for the record
Sheridan 20-0 (MVL)
Miami Trace 11-4 (FAC)
Circleville 9-6 (Beat Elm twice) (MSL)
Logan Elm 12-9 (MSL)
Mclain 10-7 (FAC)
Fairfield Union 8-11 (MSL)
Hillsboro 6-14 (FAC)
Courthouse 3-15(FAC)

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Kroeter wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:26 am Agree Nuke

Records can be deceiving when several leagues are involved. Tough seeding, but in the case of DII with only 1 team coming and no choice of spot on bracket, as ALL OTHER DISTRICTS do, kinda makes it simple.

I still have never understood the SE not drawing as the other districts do. Let teams choose where they want to go then we will see who jumps in with a team that may have a deceiving record.

WHY IS IT THAT SE DOESN'T DRAW THE SAME WAY AS REST OF STATE???? MAYBE THEN THEY WOULD GET THE BEST TO THE DISTRICTS ON A REGULAR BASIS THEN HAVE THEM KNOCK EACH OTHER OUT IN A LOADED SECTIONAL!!!!

Sheridan 20-0 (MVL)
Miami Trace 11-4 (FAC)
Logan Elm 12-9 (MSL)
Mclain 10-7 (FAC)
Hillsboro 6-14 (FAC)
Courthouse 3-15(FAC)

Because the SE District is stuck in the 1950s.

Kentmurphy
Waterboy

Post by Kentmurphy »

bman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:40 pm
Kroeter wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:26 am Agree Nuke

Sheridan 20-0 (MVL)
Miami Trace 11-4 (FAC)
Logan Elm 12-9 (MSL)
Mclain 10-7 (FAC)
Hillsboro 6-14 (FAC)
Courthouse 3-15(FAC)

Because the SE District is stuck in the 1950s.
Definitely time for a change

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

Guessing:
Waverly 1 and Unioto 2

Vinton Co./Jackson 3 or 4

Chillicothe beat Huntington in an upset...(I would think.)

Not sure if that had any impact on voting or not.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

How I'd seed it
1. Sheridan 2. MT 3. Circleville 4. LE 5. Fairfield Union 6. Greenfield 7. Hillsboro 8. Court House

I think the coaches will flip the 5 and 6 seeds in the actual seeding.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

North-
1 Sheridian
2 Miami Trace
3 Logan Elm
4 Circleville
5 McClain
6 Fairfield Union
7 Hillsboro
8 Washington CH

South
1 Waverly
2 Unioto
3 Jackson
4 Vinton County
5 River Valley
6 Athens
7 Chillicothe
8 Warren
9 Gallia Academy

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Kroeter
Riding the Bench

Post by Kroeter »

Looks like went as most thought

Only Question is in the North;

How does Logan Elm get the #3 over Circleville? Not only a better record but Circleville beat them twice!!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Kroeter wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:49 am Looks like went as most thought

Only Question is in the North;

How does Logan Elm get the #3 over Circleville? Not only a better record but Circleville beat them twice!!

I think that took a number of people by surprise. Circleville actually has a more favorable first round matchup than Logan Elm does, but then they'd have to take on Sheridan, which will be tough.

Return to “Softball”