D3 Post Season Seeding outlook SE

coachcook
Riding the Bench

D3 Post Season Seeding outlook SE

Post by coachcook »

What are the seeding projections? Wheelersburg #1?

bman
SEO

Re: D3 Post Season Seeding outlook SE

Post by bman »

Right now Wheelersburg and Westfall should be the top seeds in the two sectionals, but still have a week to go for the actual draw to be announced. Voting begins later this week.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

Should Ironton be the top seed they have a better record then Wheelersburg?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:30 pm Should Ironton be the top seed they have a better record then Wheelersburg?
Not sure what SOS and the other elements are and, frankly, how much credience those will be given by the other coaches. Also how many of the seeding coaches in that sectional are OVC and how many are SOCII? Obviously they will have an argument.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:30 pm Should Ironton be the top seed they have a better record then Wheelersburg?
No . Just No .

coachcook
Riding the Bench

Post by coachcook »

Leesburg only loss is Williamsburg

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:40 pm
No . Just No .
Why not?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

coachcook wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:37 pm Leesburg only loss is Williamsburg
Westfall only has one loss, which was its first game of the season, and has seven Division II wins.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:29 pm
No . Just No .
Why not?

Just not that at Burg's level. Haven't played Burgs high level schedule, Don't have Burgs experience , and they lost to a d4 team. ( a very good d4 team but still yet a d4 team ). Ironton is tough and deserving of that 2 spot , just not the 1 , IMO .

rsf
Waterboy

Post by rsf »

What EXACTLY is Burg's level? How do you determine that?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

rsf wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:16 am What EXACTLY is Burg's level? How do you determine that?
go watch them play ?

Been to multiple regional's and a final four and a state championship the past 3 years ?? Not lost a conference game in 5 years .. that EXACT enough ? Thats how I would determine that . You are welcome to offer your own evaluation of Wheelersburg if you disagree . You think there is any other local team that could go undefeated in the SOC 2 this year ?

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:09 am

No . Just No .
Why not?

Just not that at Burg's level. Haven't played Burgs high level schedule, Don't have Burgs experience , and they lost to a d4 team. ( a very good d4 team but still yet a d4 team ). Ironton is tough and deserving of that 2 spot , just not the 1 , IMO .
I dont disagree I just know some around here believe Ironton deserves that top seed based on their record. SOC 2 is the toughest conference around, no question there. Wheelersburg has too many weapons, Sturgill, Hughes, Spence, Claxton and the list goes on.

rsf
Waterboy

Post by rsf »

So, let me see if I am understanding this ? Is seeding usually determined by the teams record? And if Ironton has the better record- Then they should have the higher seed?? Or are we just bending the rules for the Burg??

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

rsf wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:03 am So, let me see if I am understanding this ? Is seeding usually determined by the teams record? And if Ironton has the better record- Then they should have the higher seed?? Or are we just bending the rules for the Burg??
Seeding is determined not only by record , but strength of schedule , I dont know whether you are just being obtuse or a real newbie on how this all works . Do you really think Burg needs the rules bent for them ?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg has one of the best rosters, top to bottom, in the area regardless of division. Their 2 losses are both to out of state teams that would be D1 in Ohio. If you were talking about a team with 4-5 losses being seeded higher than a team with 1 loss, I could see the argument of going by record alone, but comparing 2 teams with a difference of 1 game in the loss column is not a good case. Both teams are very good, but Burg has gone out of their way to find stronger competition when they could have easily found D3 or D4 teams to get an easy win.

Thehype
Waterboy

Post by Thehype »

No . Just No .
And why is this your verdict?

Thehype
Waterboy

Post by Thehype »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:07 am
ManitouDan2 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:09 am

Why not?

I dont disagree I just know some around here believe Ironton deserves that top seed based on their record. SOC 2 is the toughest conference around, no question there. Wheelersburg has too many weapons, Sturgill, Hughes, Spence, Claxton and the list goes on.
So what you're saying is that there's no chance that any team can be beat on any given day? Burg lost to Spring Valley and Ironton beat Spring Valley!! I dont understand your logic. And burg had AAAALL that experience and firepower you speak of! Anyone can be beat on any day! Ironton played that D4 team EARLY on its season and had only played 3-4 other games beforehand! IT'LL ALL PLAY OUT ON THE FIELD, but your logic of Ironton loss to a D4 team and that burg has more firepower and experience is a little off! Ironton beat a team that burg couldn't, so who's better with the logic that you're using?

Thehype
Waterboy

Post by Thehype »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:33 am Burg has one of the best rosters, top to bottom, in the area regardless of division. Their 2 losses are both to out of state teams that would be D1 in Ohio. If you were talking about a team with 4-5 losses being seeded higher than a team with 1 loss, I could see the argument of going by record alone, but comparing 2 teams with a difference of 1 game in the loss column is not a good case. Both teams are very good, but Burg has gone out of their way to find stronger competition when they could have easily found D3 or D4 teams to get an easy win.
Ironton beat a team that burg lost to! What's the question again? Any team can be beat on any given day! Dont crown burg so fast! And I'm not specifically talkn about you. But just to the masses that thinks this will be burgs yr because of their name!!

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

You say any team can be beat on any day, then you make the statement that Ironton beat a team that "Burg couldn't?" I'm certain that it wasn't because they "couldn't". Burg beat Hurricane and Hurricane just beat Spring Valley 8-0. Then, you use the excuse that Ironton lost to a D4 team early in the season. Burg lost to spring valley in their 3rd game of the season. But I think that's pretty irrelevant anyways. Burg played a tougher schedule, league and non league...that is a fact.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

I think thehype got his/her feeling hurt .. lol .. Ironton is really good , no need to get so entirely defensive because some think they are a 2 seed instead of a 1 . Just yanking your chain a bit but can you see Burg losing to Notre Dame ? I cant . Can you see Burg only beating Greenup Co by a run ? I cant either . Only beat Russell by a run as well. Maybe they will meet in the tourney , would be a great matchup , Burg would be the fav' but anything can , and usually does , in the tourney .

Return to “Softball”