D3 Post Season Seeding outlook SE

fbnut
SEOP

Re: D3 Post Season Seeding outlook SE

Post by fbnut »

Thehype wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:31 pm
4thgoal wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:33 am Burg has one of the best rosters, top to bottom, in the area regardless of division. Their 2 losses are both to out of state teams that would be D1 in Ohio. If you were talking about a team with 4-5 losses being seeded higher than a team with 1 loss, I could see the argument of going by record alone, but comparing 2 teams with a difference of 1 game in the loss column is not a good case. Both teams are very good, but Burg has gone out of their way to find stronger competition when they could have easily found D3 or D4 teams to get an easy win.
Ironton beat a team that burg lost to! What's the question again? Any team can be beat on any given day! Dont crown burg so fast! And I'm not specifically talkn about you. But just to the masses that thinks this will be burgs yr because of their name!!
Not sure who is crowning burg. They are very good and very talented and have made deep tourney runs the last 5-6 years. There is something to be said about being there before and knowing how to react when your there.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

rsf wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:03 am So, let me see if I am understanding this ? Is seeding usually determined by the teams record? And if Ironton has the better record- Then they should have the higher seed?? Or are we just bending the rules for the Burg??
Seeding not solely based on record. Schedule plays a part in it. But no local team contends with Burg softball. Too many weapons. If they can liven up hitters 7-9 then runs galore. Final four team again?

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

Look, Ironton is good for the first time since forever ago. They may very well have as much talent as Burg. But should they be seeded #1? Just slow down. Good things are happening in Ironton. They may be even better next year, but they are inexperienced in big games, and that matters. Their strength of schedule is not quite up to par with Burg. Could they beat burg? Your are darn skippy they could. Burg better bring it. It's a game I would love to see. But until they do, and show that they are up to task you have to give the #1 spot to Burg.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

1 Westfall
2 Ironton ( best pitcher see her as POY in Div 3
2Wheelersburg (tossup with the Tigers)

SoftballAlways
Waterboy

Post by SoftballAlways »

Westfall is not in the same draw as Burg and Ironton for #1 seed...they are competing with Leesburg Fairfield for a #1 in the East side I believe...Burg, Ironton and Wellston are in the West...

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

1 or 2 does it really matter? its exciting to see ironton have a good team. best of luck in the tourney

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

CM, Congrats to the Tigers on the year, probably best pitcher regardless of class, she’s in her own class as far as pitching. . Maybe these Tigers can get some talent now from surrounding areas to go with this team. Lol, isn’t that the way in Southern Ohio now .

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Also Waverly has top notch pitchers in league with the Robinson girls. POY, just a great season and definetly best pitcherin all Southern Ohio. Seen where they took apart Notre Dame.

Thehype
Waterboy

Post by Thehype »

fbnut wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:52 pm
4thgoal wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:33 am Burg has one of the best rosters, top to bottom, in the area regardless of division. Their 2 losses are both to out of state teams that would be D1 in Ohio. If you were talking about a team with 4-5 losses being seeded higher than a team with 1 loss, I could see the argument of going by record alone, but comparing 2 teams with a difference of 1 game in the loss column is not a good case. Both teams are very good, but Burg has gone out of their way to find stronger competition when they could have easily found D3 or D4 teams to get an easy win.
Ironton beat a team that burg lost to! What's the question again? Any team can be beat on any given day! Dont crown burg so fast! And I'm not specifically talkn about you. But just to the masses that thinks this will be burgs yr because of their name!!
Not sure who is crowning burg. They are very good and very talented and have made deep tourney runs the last 5-6 years. There is something to be said about being there before and knowing how to react when your there.
That's exactly the point I'm making. The last 5-6 yrs isn't this yr. Im not saying a team is #1 because of what they did 5 yrs ago! I had a healthy back and knees 5 yrs ago too! Haha! But nonetheless should be good competition all around in this yrs chase for a ring! Good local talent for sure.

Thehype
Waterboy

Post by Thehype »

Prime Time wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:32 am CM, Congrats to the Tigers on the year, probably best pitcher regardless of class, she’s in her own class as far as pitching. . Maybe these Tigers can get some talent now from surrounding areas to go with this team. Lol, isn’t that the way in Southern Ohio now .
Ur on drugs if u think they dont have players around her now! I think CVS has deug test! Grab one!!

Thehype
Waterboy

Post by Thehype »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:43 am 1 or 2 does it really matter? its exciting to see ironton have a good team. best of luck in the tourney
Not the point! Dont just crown burg because of yrs past! I dont who's ranked where, but burg last yr is burg last yr. Ironton last yr is Ironton last yr!

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

Burg will be top seed , others are fighting for second
It doesn’t really matter anyway, you are gonna have to beat good teams eventually and with Burg anything less than a state title is a disappointment so I can assure you they don’t care about seeds or opponents because they know they have to go undefeated in the post season to reach their goal
And BTW I hope Ironton has the same goal and if they do seeds don’t matter to them either
They don’t give banners for being the#1 seed

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Thehype wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:18 pm
fbnut wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:52 pm

That's exactly the point I'm making. The last 5-6 yrs isn't this yr. Im not saying a team is #1 because of what they did 5 yrs ago! I had a healthy back and knees 5 yrs ago too! Haha! But nonetheless should be good competition all around in this yrs chase for a ring! Good local talent for sure.
Could care less about seeding. The people saying burg should be seeded #1 are saying that because they deserve it based on what the team has done this year. My point was the burg has been there and the deeper they go that experience could come into play. When they went to Akron 4 years ago I think they were just happy to get there. The next year they went there to win it and they won the entire thing. Don’t disregard experience. The burg returned both starting pitchers and 6 of the 8 position players from a team that didn’t go as far as they would have liked but did go undefeated in the regular season last year.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

If it comes between ironton and burg I’m for ironton all the way but fbnut is right burg returned most of their starting line up and hughes transfer made them even better. top to bottom they have to have the strongest lineup

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Post by orangeandblack98 »

Prime Time wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:41 pm Also Waverly has top notch pitchers in league with the Robinson girls. POY, just a great season and definetly best pitcherin all Southern Ohio. Seen where they took apart Notre Dame.
what are you talking bout if wavely has best pitchers in all of southern ohio than why cant they beat all of the div.3 n 4 teams they lost to?

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Post by orangeandblack98 »

the burg has the best pitching and defense to back it up best players at their positions no one else can say that

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

orangeandblack98 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:31 am the burg has the best pitching and defense to back it up best players at their positions no one else can say that
In my opinion not much difference between burgs and waverlys pitching. Spence has not been as sharp this year but claxton has pitched much better than last year.

Return to “Softball”