How much has the game changed?

softball24_7
Freshman Team

How much has the game changed?

Post by softball24_7 »

Was talking with a parent from another team last night. One of the things that came up in our conversation was... how much the game has changed over the past 5, 10 years. Weve been involved with the travel scene for 7,8 years, and now entering our 3rd yr in HS.. one thing is for sure, the girls have definitely took the game to a new level. Their speed, strength, and just the knowledge of the game seems to be increasing year after year. With more and more kids playing competitively year round and being taught by some of the best coaches in the country, the outlook for softball in our area is looking bright. Each team in our area has atleast a couple standouts, and I love watching and hearing about their success. I wish all the young ladies the best of luck in all their future endeavors, and keep swinging.

BobcatBall
Freshman Team

Re: How much has the game changed?

Post by BobcatBall »

Because I wasn't a softball player in highschool I can't say for certain how it's changed but if you're being realistic you know it has. Girls now train year round. Yes there's more travel teams now and maybe they aren't as competitive talent wise. But the flip side of that is its more girls staying active year round and getting better. I've yet to see someone work at it year round and get worse lol. So overall I think the entire product is better now. Take into account the advances in techniques and equipment and it's a different ball game for sure.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: How much has the game changed?

Post by Ironman92 »

20 years ago it kinda was “soft” ball

Return to “Softball”