DII SE Dist 2019

Fireball8
Waterboy

Re: DII SE Dist 2019

Post by Fireball8 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:51 pm Not a big deal, but MT beat Unioto 6-4, not 8-3.

Good bounce back by Unioto to beat LE after a couple of tough losses in a row.
It's the character and/or grit of a team on the bounce back that will take them further along. WE will see who has that Grit in MAY.

LE has hit several HRs per game this season if you follow them. Including against FU, WF, and some other teams and hit them in the bottom of the 7th to win games. LE is a proven good team. Sheridan has a good pitcher in the Sidney Compolo and she was just too much for them. LE threw a Freshman at Sheridan.

Hallie Pinkerton for Unioto threw 85 pitches gave up only 3 hits, 0 Earned Runs, 2 Walks, LE hitters were off balance and she kept them guessing. That is the name of the pitching game.

Fireball8
Waterboy

Post by Fireball8 »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:16 am Sounded like Unioto had a lackluster performance against WF and MT.
Those games are needed to build character and identify problems.

Next Game....

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:16 am Sounded like Unioto had a lackluster performance against WF and MT.
Difference in the Westfall-Unioto game was WF hit four home runs and Unioto none. And Unioto didn't get much going against Dudgeon until the sixth. Now, Unioto has a good team and that experience will help them get ready for the rematch. I expect a good game in Frenchtown here in a few weeks.

I was surprised Unioto lost to MT, but maybe I'm not giving MT enough credit since they were able to hang with Sheridan for nine innings.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Fireball8 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:30 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:51 pm Not a big deal, but MT beat Unioto 6-4, not 8-3.

Good bounce back by Unioto to beat LE after a couple of tough losses in a row.
It's the character and/or grit of a team on the bounce back that will take them further along. WE will see who has that Grit in MAY.

LE has hit several HRs per game this season if you follow them. Including against FU, WF, and some other teams and hit them in the bottom of the 7th to win games. LE is a proven good team. Sheridan has a good pitcher in the Sidney Compolo and she was just too much for them. LE threw a Freshman at Sheridan.

Hallie Pinkerton for Unioto threw 85 pitches gave up only 3 hits, 0 Earned Runs, 2 Walks, LE hitters were off balance and she kept them guessing. That is the name of the pitching game.
Both of Logan Elm's pitchers are freshman, and that's a big jump. They've been seen now, folks have made adjustments and now they'll have to adjust.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Kroeter wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:38 am My thoughts on what I saw

Miami Trace was very well rounded team that will be a tough out in May

Sheridan is pretty good with very solid pitching

Circleville is a team you better not take lightly in May. Looked very good saturday

Logan Elm looked bad on saturday but like hotdog said it's not May yet

John Glenn looked weak on saturday, but know they have been good in past

Westfall- didn't see much of them but know they will always put a quality, well coached team

Unioto - didn't see enough to make much of a statement

Great Weekend and Well run tourny by Circleville, Coach Truex and Staff!!
Westfall didn't play that well, but it's about peaking at the right time like several others and I have talked about. Westfall has a pretty solid team, as they've typically had over the last 10 years.

It was nice to see Circleville post a couple of wins. Hopefully they're starting to round into form. MSL is tough, so there are few off nights and they usually play a very competitive non-league schedule.

Coach Truex and staff do a nice job with the tournament. Hopefully those two new fields can be finished soon to give Circleville a four-diamond complex.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Xtoxxviii wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:36 pm Westfall has been mentioned on this thread a few times.
Just to clarify they are D3 this year and will play their District tournament on the palatial paradise fields of Frenchtowne, probably on field A.
Unioto's done a very nice job with their softball and other facilities. Very nice. Only thing left is a new gym.

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

Waverly stands a good chance of winning the district, they should be in the mix for sure. It's about peaking at the right time. Sounds like Sheridan will be a tough matchup for anyone in D2 this season.

Kroeter
Riding the Bench

Post by Kroeter »

The thing that is nice or not nice about the DII SE district is that only 1 comes out. Whoever emerges out of this has definitely put together 3 maybe 4 nice games in a row.

As several have mentioned and I will mention again, "Hitting your stride in May is what matters"!!

Whoever does take the title will be playing well in the circle, on defense and taking advantage of offensive opportunities. Will be here in a few weeks

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Records according to SEOP’s page

South District:
Unioto 13-3
Waverly -12-3
Vinton County 10-4
River Valley 9-8
Jackson -9-7
Warren -5-12
Chillicothe -5-9
Gallia Academy 4-9 *
Athens 3-10

North District:
Sheridan 14 - 0
Logan Elm 12-6
Miami Trace 11-3
McClain -8-7
Fairfield Union 7-11*
Circleville 5-6*
Hillsboro 5-10
Washington Court House 4-15

Gallia Academy
*this record surprises me, they waxed us last year in the sectional semi’s and I was under the impression they was a young squad.

Circleville
Is a better club than record shows

Fairfield Union
See above

Return to “Softball”