jr high softball

Softballdad
Riding the Bench

Re: jr high softball

Post by Softballdad »

Dadof3 wrote:I agree. Pitching & catching will be huge. Can't give up free bases & can't let runners just walk around the bases. Most teams can hit & field(some better than others I'm sure) but those 2 positions will decide a lot of games.
So I assume the top teams have the best at these 2 positions?

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

Pitching will be the tell-tale. Behind the plate, Burg will have Sturgill (7th), Hale (8th) at Minford, NW will have Newman (8th). All 3 are extremely talented and will hold the runners at bay.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Oak hill have some pitching coming up ?

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

ManitouDan2 wrote:Oak hill have some pitching coming up ?
I might be wrong, but I think both throwers from last year will still be there. I know the one for sure, not sure about the other though.

captainmorgan
Waterboy

Post by captainmorgan »

Is the pitcher the kid that plays for Lasers? if not what position is she?

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

captainmorgan wrote:
Is the pitcher the kid that plays for Lasers? if not what position is she?
catcher, 3rd

pirates87
Waterboy

Post by pirates87 »

No one will come close to beating us this year. I can't wait for the season to start so you all will see. 1-9 can play, not just 2, 3 or 4 girls.

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

Back to meaningful conversation, any new teams in the league this year.

Softballdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Softballdad »

Sounds like that's a guarantee? Ironton is new in league correct?

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

not sure on Ironton and I think Piketon got out

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

All the talk I've heard is saying Ironton is in. If this is true, Ironton will be the team to beat, big bats, and probably the best pitcher in jr high for our area.

Alwaysanoak
Waterboy

Post by Alwaysanoak »

Ironton has a Good solid pitcher/with a good bat and a couple other solid players. Good team & Good competition.

Jms
Riding the Bench

Post by Jms »

So far Ironton is in, Green (Franklin Furnace) is in, Eastern is out. Sounds like you guys should have it all figured out before season starts so as soon as u do let me know so i can go ahead and get tournament trophies made up. :D

Softballdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Softballdad »

Jms wrote:So far Ironton is in, Green (Franklin Furnace) is in, Eastern is out. Sounds like you guys should have it all figured out before season starts so as soon as u do let me know so i can go ahead and get tournament trophies made up. :D
Is team list set or when is last date to enter?

Softballdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Softballdad »

Was looking on another site & if Burg had a kid with thunder & oak hill had a kid with lasers? Those were the top 2 travel teams in the state last year at 12u! Is that the team's those girls played & started on or different teams in those organizations? & NW had a kid on classics. They were way up there too!

curlybill
Waterboy

Post by curlybill »

pirates87 wrote:No one will come close to beating us this year. I can't wait for the season to start so you all will see. 1-9 can play, not just 2, 3 or 4 girls.
Well, hell, I don't even know why we need to even play the season

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Softballdad wrote:Was looking on another site & if Burg had a kid with thunder & oak hill had a kid with lasers? Those were the top 2 travel teams in the state last year at 12u! Is that the team's those girls played & started on or different teams in those organizations? & NW had a kid on classics. They were way up there too!
The Oak Hill girl is an '03 birthday, the lasers team she is on was 11U last year...should be the top 12U team in ohio this year, they beat a lot of the top 10 ranked 12U teams last year.

Thehype
Waterboy

Post by Thehype »

Ironton is the team to beat! No doubt about it, followed by wheelersburg, then maybe ND or Oak Hill. By the way Ironton beat Oak Hill 3 times last yr, out of 3 games. Ironton is too talented, with players at EVERY position. And yes Ironton is in that league. Going to be competition. If you're not familiar with Ironton softball. GET YOUR POPCORN READY!!!!!!!!

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

Thehype wrote:Ironton is the team to beat! No doubt about it, followed by wheelersburg, then maybe ND or Oak Hill. By the way Ironton beat Oak Hill 3 times last yr, out of 3 games. Ironton is too talented, with players at EVERY position. And yes Ironton is in that league. Going to be competition. If you're not familiar with Ironton softball. GET YOUR POPCORN READY!!!!!!!!
Yea but 6 of Oak Hills starters last year were 6th graders!!

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

Should be a great season none the less, with any of the top 5-6 being able to win any given Sunday. I don't think there is any 1 dominate team, its going to come down to making the routine plays and putting the bat on the ball. It doesn't matter how good you are 1-9, if you can hit, and create chaos on the bases, you can win ball games.

Return to “Softball”