VILLAGE IDIOT wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:29 pm 1. Waverly
2. Burg
3. Oaks
4. Minford
5. Northwest
6. Valley
7. West
8. South Webster
Tigers should roll in league play this season returning every pitcher from last season, and lots of talent. Tigers only lost 3 seniors from last years district championship team.
1. Burg - Burg is Burg
2. Waverly
3. Oak Hill - their window is coming up
4. Minford - hanging in there but their window is closing.
5. South Webster - Messer did a great job in his fist year
6. Northwest
7. Valley - Lost so much
8. West
Burg lost a left fielder and a catcher

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Re: SOCII

Post by Noodle319 »

It's quiet, a little too quiet.

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Re: SOCII

Post by orangeandblack98 »

theres not a lot to say. its burg then everyone else.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Re: 2019 SOC 2

Post by captainmorgan_ »

orangeandblack98 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:21 am Please post
  • Outlooks
  • Predictions
  • Schedules & Results
  • POY Predictions
  • Standings
This is the most exciting league right now. Completely stacked. Obviously it belongs to Wheelersburg until someone knocks them off. Who has a chance? Oak Hill, Waverly? I think those are two teams who should have been better last season but had some coaching issues and dysfunction. As far as POY predictions, any stand out seniors? Seemed like the talent was young. If Wheelersburg wins the league I would have to go with Boo Sturgill, but you also have Riley Hughes from Oak Hill who will be a contender. Britt W. from Minford, kate Brisker from oak hill, sara Claxon from wheelersburg, Robertson from Waverly I expect to be the top pitcher.

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

captainmorgan_ wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:12 am
orangeandblack98 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:21 am Please post
  • Outlooks
  • Predictions
  • Schedules & Results
  • POY Predictions
  • Standings
This is the most exciting league right now. Completely stacked. Obviously it belongs to Wheelersburg until someone knocks them off. Who has a chance? Oak Hill, Waverly? I think those are two teams who should have been better last season but had some coaching issues and dysfunction. As far as POY predictions, any stand out seniors? Seemed like the talent was young. If Wheelersburg wins the league I would have to go with Boo Sturgill, but you also have Riley Hughes from Oak Hill who will be a contender. Britt W. from Minford, kate Brisker from oak hill, sara Claxon from wheelersburg, Robertson from Waverly I expect to be the top pitcher.
I wouldn't say the league is stacked. Burg is stacked then the rest will follow. there are some good players on some teams but no way are they stacked.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

name a better league in south east ohio with better players through out the league?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Multiple D1 level players , when your 4-5th place teams have girls going D1 , that’s a pretty impress conference

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

still no on talking eh? Its getting close and everyone still quiet.

Kentmurphy
Waterboy

Post by Kentmurphy »

orangeandblack98 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:00 pm still no on talking eh? Its getting close and everyone still quiet.
Won’t be long it will be non stop

Kentmurphy
Waterboy

Post by Kentmurphy »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:22 am name a better league in south east ohio with better players through out the league?
100% agree a lot of very talented players top to bottom
Tournament time soc teams always strong

Kentmurphy
Waterboy

Post by Kentmurphy »

orangeandblack98 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:00 pm still no on talking eh? Its getting close and everyone still quiet.
The saying is to be the champ you have to beat the champ
And Burg has the keys to the caddy
Waverly,oak Hill, Minford will be tough games rest of the league can step up any game exciting league for sure with a lot of talented players and strong teams

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Money on the BURG. Good sure bet.

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

Depth & Coaching in my opinion is the key. I know how obvious that sounds but lets get real. The reason for the majority of the better talent in SOCII hasn't been from the "High School" coaches. A lot of the better talent in SOCII outweighs the coaching abilities of the majority of the coaches. It's obvious that Burg has the most depth and they seem to be the only ones living in the now to hire an individual/individuals knowledgeable enough to lead such talent.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

The rich get richer

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

Looks like the gap between Burg and everyone else just got a little bigger!

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

You got it Redsfan.
With the exception of South Webster hiring A. Messer, Burg and their powers that be are obviously the only ones that get the fact that you need a coach that lives in today's softball world. The game has evolved so much just in the last 10 years that the majority of our areas best talent are just using the high school season as a warm-up for what they will be playing during the summer. Your best coaches are the one's who continued to play COMPETITIVELY through a big part of their adult lives and who coach in today's COMPETITIVE travel softball world. They've evolved with the game and the minds of these players. You put a coach like that with the depth of Waverly, Oak Hill, Minford or Northwest, the difference would be astronomical. We've already seen the difference in South Webster. If our area schools and their powers that be truly want the best for there respected programs, they need to wake up and start living in today's softball world. Again, the ability and knowledge of the game that a lot of our areas best talent possesses exceeds the coaching ability.

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

Who still plays competitive fastpitch as an adult? As far as I know there are no fastpitch leagues or what I’d consider competitive slo pitch leagues either?

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

I think Minford coach has a pretty good track record, get a clue please, HS coaching in this area is not as bad as you make it out to be

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

Soc2 : plenty of talented players with many qualified coaches, should be a fun season

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

I think we're all obviously pretty much in agreement that our area has plenty of talent, Ptown. Get a clue?
Your fervent misguided sense of coaching is stunning. :lol:
Here's a question for ya Ptown.
Outside of Burg, in SOC ll, with all of our talent, how many District Titles in the last 12 years?

Return to “Softball”