• Predictions
  • Schedules & Results
  • POY Predictions
  • Standings

ManitouDan2
SE

Re: SOCII

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Burg will be very tough , two ace Pitchers , not just one. Experience , superb base running. They certainly are clear fav's . Oak hill has offense , not sure of their pitching ? Minford has talent and some pitching but they were all over the place with W's and L's last year. Some good W's and head scratching L's . Waverly has some players and pitching too. I'd give them or Minford the nod for 2nd due to solid pitching.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

and thanks for starting a softball thread , I miss talking about the game.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

If there was a year where Oak Hill had a chance of winning the league, it would be this upcoming season! Unfortunately, Burg is putting in the extra work and oak hill isn’t, just not enough showing up when we do have open fields. oak hills #1 pitcher returns this year, was just a freshman last season.

My guess for 2019 is:
1. Wheelersburg
2. Oak Hill
3. Waverly
4. Minford
5. Northwest
6. South Webster
7. Valley
8. Portsmouth West
Last edited by Browns30 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

whats up with oakhills softball program? 2 or 3 years ago i watched thier junior high and thought they would dominate for at least a couple years

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Holy cow Browns30, is that an accurate projection? West in last place.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

One things certain, thats a beast of a conference for HS D3 softball. Deep with tons of future college players .

asportsfan
Waterboy

Post by asportsfan »

Coaching is what is wrong with Oak Hill’s softball program. In junior high you had coaches who knew the game. That’s not the case with varsity, unfortunately. Changes are supposed to in the works for this coming season.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

West Side Pride wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:02 pm Holy cow Browns30, is that an accurate projection? West in last place.
Yes. Where did west finish last season? I'm certain it was bottom 2?

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

Browns30 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:48 am
West Side Pride wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:02 pm Holy cow Browns30, is that an accurate projection? West in last place.
If going off last season where did Oak Hill finish? Pretty sure they didn't finish in the top 2.

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

SOSoftball wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:11 am
If going off last season where did Oak Hill finish? Pretty sure they didn't finish in the top 2.
Nope, as far as i know west doesn't have a lot of talent coming in. I could be wrong. Oak Hill should have finished higher, everyone knows that. Not to mention, oak hill started 5 freshmen, 3 sophomores, and 1 junior... so it would only make sense for them to move up with the talent they have.

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

Browns30 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:16 am
SOSoftball wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:11 am

Nope, as far as i know west doesn't have a lot of talent coming in. I could be wrong. Oak Hill should have finished higher, everyone knows that. Not to mention, oak hill started 5 freshmen, 3 sophomores, and 1 junior... so it would only make sense for them to move up with the talent they have.
I don't disagree with you but when asked about West finishing last and all you said is that's where they finished last year I just felt a little more justification was warranted. No issue with what you posted above.

I think 2nd is a three team race between Waverly, Minford and Oak Hill . Any one of those teams could either finish 2nd or 4th in the league.

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Post by orangeandblack98 »

asportsfan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:34 am Coaching is what is wrong with Oak Hill’s softball program. In junior high you had coaches who knew the game. That’s not the case with varsity, unfortunately. Changes are supposed to in the works for this coming season.
i dont buy this. how many of your oh so talented players are playing on a traveing team? burg has some kids on high level top notch travel teams do you have any? no i dont think so. not that level. yeah you need good coaching to direct the players but you have to have the real talent and dedication first

Browns30
JV Team

Post by Browns30 »

I would be so ticked if I was from Burg because of the nonsense you post. You obviously don't know as much as you think you do.

asportsfan
Waterboy

Post by asportsfan »

orangeandblack98 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:32 am
asportsfan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:34 am Coaching is what is wrong with Oak Hill’s softball program. In junior high you had coaches who knew the game. That’s not the case with varsity, unfortunately. Changes are supposed to in the works for this coming season.
i dont buy this. how many of your oh so talented players are playing on a traveing team? burg has some kids on high level top notch travel teams do you have any? no i dont think so. not that level. yeah you need good coaching to direct the players but you have to have the real talent and dedication first
I guess the Lasers, Outlaws, Doom Gold and Team Ohio don't count? Good to know. Isn't that where a couple of the Burg girls play?

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

Time for my expert opinion, top to bottom the SOC2 is the best conference in southern Ohio. Top level players on all teams and they just keep coming up. Would be nice to ditch the district all-star game and have an all SOC game.

1. Wheelersburg – Until someone beats them its Burgs yard.
2. Oak Hill – Returns everyone and have the two best hitters in the league in Brisker and Hughes. Will add three freshman that will help the cause. Pitching will be stronger and defense will be better.
3. Waverly – Returns a good core but will have some spots to fill.
4. Minford – Very talented, but the pitching will be the key.
5. Northwest – A couple of excellent players that hopefully get some help.
6. South Webster – Definitely trending up, really nice young pitcher.
7. Portsmouth West – Lost a lot, probably will be young.
8. Valley – Lost a lot of very good players.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Good report Noodle . Does Waverly return their pitching ?

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

I think they will return 3 pitchers

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

One is going to Ball st or ?? , somewhere in the Mac ?

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Post by orangeandblack98 »

asportsfan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:05 pm
orangeandblack98 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:32 am
I guess the Lasers, Outlaws, Doom Gold and Team Ohio don't count? Good to know. Isn't that where a couple of the Burg girls play?
you are telling me oakhill has kids on all of those teams? how competitive is their schedule not all of those teams play a top notch scheule. the burg wont be beat for years to come the soc is too weak for them be nice to play better competition

Return to “Softball”