NCAA CWS

ManitouDan2
SE

NCAA CWS

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Who you rooting for ? As a fastpitch junkie its only second to march madness for me . I'm an SEC guy all the way , so Go Gators or Go Georgia . Sad they play each other . Just anyone for me but the PAC 12 . Down with the west coast ( even though Oregon's 1-2 hole hitters are Ohio kids and Wash has Alvelo )

Browns30
JV Team

Re: NCAA CWS

Post by Browns30 »

I’m really not rooting for any of them. I usually like the underdogs but the top 8 seeds made it in. I guess I would have to pick Washington, one of the pitchers on my daughters travel team is a future Huskie.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I suppose UW, because of Alvelo.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Defense in the Fl - Ga is down right awful . Embarrassing really .

softballfan
Waterboy

Post by softballfan »

I'm rooting for Washington because of Alvelo. I really like to watch UCLA too. Rachel Garcia is the best player in college softball in my opinion.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Since all the Big Ten teams were out in the regional, I'd have to root for Washington. I think they have a really good chance of winning the whole thing. They just won their first game. Always gotta root for the local kid.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Garcia just looks totally explosive right now . her rise is insane .

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

In doing hitting instruction I've stressed and stressed and stressed -- at contact your hands MUST BE ABOVE THE BALL . And lots of parents / players really dont get the importance of it . Last night R Garcia perfectly showed why its so important . 15 K on the rise .. with all 15 hitters swinging UNDER the ball . Its a hard thing to do , only 1000's of swings using a high tee will save you against an efficient rise baller . Even then its hard .

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Garcia threw a lot of pitches last night. She looked better late than midgame.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:17 am In doing hitting instruction I've stressed and stressed and stressed -- at contact your hands MUST BE ABOVE THE BALL . And lots of parents / players really dont get the importance of it . Last night R Garcia perfectly showed why its so important . 15 K on the rise .. with all 15 hitters swinging UNDER the ball . Its a hard thing to do , only 1000's of swings using a high tee will save you against an efficient rise baller . Even then its hard .
That's why a lot of the better riseball hitters went to a split grip.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Amazing how quick the game has evolved . less than 10 years ago , like 6-7 years ago there were 2-3 pitchers in the world that threw 70 or above . The olympic ace from japan and maybe 1-2 others . Today there are girls throwing 70 that are not even their own staffs number 1 pitcher. There are probably dozens throwing 70 . And now teams are actually hitting girls throwing 69-70-71 . The games are sooooo good . Sport has gotten better and better .

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

last I heard Garcia was close to 110 pitches against Florida State

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Not the champ I saw coming at all. Pac 12 looked very dominant , Garcia was on fire , Oregon and Wash both had great pitching depth . But hats off to Florida st . They earned it big time .

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

The game is changing at such a rapid pace .. just ten years ago the game was totally dominated by the west coast / PAC 12 . Now the SEC is right there with them and Fl St wins it with almost exclusive east coast talent from Fl and Ga . Even years ago when the SEC first won it there was chatter on social media that " they did with Ca players" well that narrative is blown totally out of the water these days . Oregon lead off and two hole hitter are ohio kids , Wash has Alvelo . The talent is more dispersed now than ever before .. thank God , I was sick of hearing about Ca all the time .

Return to “Softball”