Page 1 of 1

district teams

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:51 am
by softball24_7
Does anyone know when the district teams names will be released? Just curious

Re: district teams

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:34 pm
by Sportsdad24/7
Irontontribune.com has the SE Ohio teams listed

Re: district teams

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:36 pm
by softball24_7
Weird how that works.. I'm assuming season stats don't matter? Seems more of a who knows who deal. Just really a bad deal for kids that performed week in and week out, led their team in stats by almost double, and still don't get the vote. Just a disgruntled father here, lol. Daughter had a stellar freshman yr, and just wish she would of got the recognition she deserved. On a good note, travel started this past wkd ;) good luck to all the kiddos putting in the time in front of coaches.

Re: district teams

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:41 pm
by fbnut
With just a quick look at D3 it looks like deserving or not you were getting at least 3 per team but no more than 4 even if your team derserved more. One of the girls on the second team would be the best player on most schools in the district. It is what it is

Re: district teams

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:07 pm
by softball24_7
Yup, this is our first year with high school ball, it seems there is a lot of politics involved. Not necessarily based off individual performance but more on what grade your in.. which I get to an extent.. but when it comes to playing time and praise, it shouldn't come down to you being an upper or lower classmen. Your lower classmen put up equipment, get the water ready, and what not. But then again, I'm not a HS coach, lol. Guess I kinda wondered away from the og topic a lil..

Re: district teams

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:45 pm
by ManitouDan2
There are sad omissions every year , adults who use agenda's and grudges against certain schools, other coaches and even coaches who dont like particular parents and wont vote for a player because of that. Sometimes the coach doesnt give a good representation of what type a year a player is having . Its just sad when a kid like Faith Howard gets left off the list ( last year ) . In recent years I've seen a pitcher on a bad team ( Middle of the pack in a weak conference) make All State as an Infielder even though she never did anything but pitch , getting mercy ruled twice by the league champ . Still made all state . Its the old " you vote for mine I'll vote for yours " going on. I dont have dog in the fight anymore , just wish players would get the pub' they deserve when they put up big stats .

Re: district teams

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:33 pm
by softball24_7
Exactly Manitou, if I was picking teams to represent my district, leave the kids names, school, grad year, off the ballot. Show me their conference and stat sheets.. I don't care what team they play for, who their coach or daddy's last name is, show me who they played against and let me see their stats. Definitely kudos to the kids that made it, and I'm sure there are some that aren't on any list that should be. I just don't get it, probably never will, lol.

Re: district teams

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:34 pm
by softballfan2112
fbnut wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:41 pm
With just a quick look at D3 it looks like deserving or not you were getting at least 3 per team but no more than 4 even if your team derserved more. One of the girls on the second team would be the best player on most schools in the district. It is what it is
It's okay. I believe I know the young lady you are referring to. She isn't concerned with the politics of individual awards. Her award is a $200,000 scholarship and the ability to play 4 more years.

Re: district teams

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:38 pm
by fbnut
softballfan2112 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:34 pm
fbnut wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:41 pm
With just a quick look at D3 it looks like deserving or not you were getting at least 3 per team but no more than 4 even if your team derserved more. One of the girls on the second team would be the best player on most schools in the district. It is what it is
It's okay. I believe I know the young lady you are referring to. She isn't concerned with the politics of individual awards. Her award is a $200,000 scholarship and the ability to play 4 more years.
Yep
SOC is even more of a joke
If your team deserves none then so be it
If your team deserves 6-7 then so be it
Like I said it is what it is

Re: district teams

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:15 pm
by softballfan2112
It's the whole everyone gets a trophy mentality. Completely ridiculous.

Re: district teams

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:29 pm
by rxburgfan
There is not a perfect way to make selections. And like belly buttons everyone has an idea as to the best way to do it. Regardless of the system someones little super star is going to be overlooked. All systems are a joke for the kid who isn't included. It's been this way since time began and it's. It going to get better. I guess if we did give everyone a trophy it would settle the masses.

Re: district teams

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:51 pm
by fbnut
rxburgfan wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:29 pm
There is not a perfect way to make selections. And like belly buttons everyone has an idea as to the best way to do it. Regardless of the system someones little super star is going to be overlooked. All systems are a joke for the kid who isn't included. It's been this way since time began and it's. It going to get better. I guess if we did give everyone a trophy it would settle the masses.
Not being perfect is one thing but when you put 6 different pitchers on the Allstate teams last year from our district and faith Howard isn't one of them then your system is broke.

Re: district teams

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:30 pm
by softball24_7
rxburgfan wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:29 pm
There is not a perfect way to make selections. And like belly buttons everyone has an idea as to the best way to do it. Regardless of the system someones little super star is going to be overlooked. All systems are a joke for the kid who isn't included. It's been this way since time began and it's. It going to get better. I guess if we did give everyone a trophy it would settle the masses.
All i will say to that is stats dont lie. I'm just saying I thought it should be based on stats and not who you know.

Re: district teams

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:32 am
by linedrive
Totally agree. It's pretty sad that there are some
Bush League (so called) Coaches out there that will knowingly... surpass one of their own players that actually earned and put up the numbers and pad "certain others" stats to justify who receives or gets nominated for certain awards. Do they seriously think they are fooling anyone?
Not only do the parents know it, every player on the team knows it.

Re: district teams

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:25 pm
by Gopher
softballfan2112 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:34 pm
fbnut wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:41 pm
With just a quick look at D3 it looks like deserving or not you were getting at least 3 per team but no more than 4 even if your team derserved more. One of the girls on the second team would be the best player on most schools in the district. It is what it is
It's okay. I believe I know the young lady you are referring to. She isn't concerned with the politics of individual awards. Her award is a $200,000 scholarship and the ability to play 4 more years.
Congrats to her !!!! That's a huge sum of money, where is she committed to ? Worth following her college career.

Re: district teams

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:10 pm
by ManitouDan2
Full ride at a 50K per year University .. thats a good deal .

Re: district teams

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:29 am
by Gopher
Gopher wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:25 pm
softballfan2112 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:34 pm
fbnut wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:41 pm
With just a quick look at D3 it looks like deserving or not you were getting at least 3 per team but no more than 4 even if your team derserved more. One of the girls on the second team would be the best player on most schools in the district. It is what it is
It's okay. I believe I know the young lady you are referring to. She isn't concerned with the politics of individual awards. Her award is a $200,000 scholarship and the ability to play 4 more years.
Congrats to her !!!! That's a huge sum of money, where is she committed to ? Worth following her college career.
Crickets

Re: district teams

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:09 pm
by softballfan2112
Gopher wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:29 am
Gopher wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:25 pm
softballfan2112 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:34 pm


It's okay. I believe I know the young lady you are referring to. She isn't concerned with the politics of individual awards. Her award is a $200,000 scholarship and the ability to play 4 more years.
Congrats to her !!!! That's a huge sum of money, where is she committed to ? Worth following her college career.
Crickets
So I guess you are implying I made this up? I figured as much when I saw your first post. I didn't mention her by name for a reason. I would prefer not mention anyone by name in a discussion about sour grapes in regards to all districts. Check your inbox Gopher. Everything you might need to follow her career has been sent to you.

Re: district teams

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:13 pm
by softballfan2112
And yes I understand your skepticism. It is an obscene amount of money. I was floored when she got the offer. It is an expensive school. Trust me, she would not be going there if it wasn't a full ride.

Re: district teams

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:54 am
by fbnut
softballfan2112 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:13 pm
And yes I understand your skepticism. It is an obscene amount of money. I was floored when she got the offer. It is an expensive school. Trust me, she would not be going there if it wasn't a full ride.
There very lucky to be getting her. Great player, better kid and teammate

Re: district teams

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:57 pm
by softballfan2112
fbnut wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:54 am
softballfan2112 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:13 pm
And yes I understand your skepticism. It is an obscene amount of money. I was floored when she got the offer. It is an expensive school. Trust me, she would not be going there if it wasn't a full ride.
There very lucky to be getting her. Great player, better kid and teammate
Thank you fbnut

Re: district teams

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:56 am
by Gopher
SBfan 2112, Thanks for the info ! I will enjoy following her career. Also check you inbox.

Congrats again.