All-SEOAL

Troy
Freshman Team

All-SEOAL

Post by Troy »

I think the meeting was today.....is this top secret or will it be announced sometime soon?

I'd guess Warren had 4 and the co-champs Jackson may have had 4-5. Gallia had the great pitcher/catcher combo, Logan had a real good player, Chillicothe had some good hitters, Portsmouth had that Williams girl at SS.

Hopefully they have 2 honorable mentions for each team. With Marietta leaving they might only have 15 first team spots....not sure though.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: All-SEOAL

Post by Ironman92 »

It'll be kept until....well I don't know. All-district isn't for 2 more weeks. Not sure if they wait until the newspaper guys get it or until each team is out of the tournament.

I will tell you there were 16 1st team spots but two tied for the last spot making 17 girls on the 1st team and then each team got 2 HM.

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

Yes, Meeting was today. I hear anything about not mentioning the elected squad. There were 16 players selected to ALL-SEOAL, each school was allowed 2 Honorable Mention selections.

I believe the results will be shocking. I think ALL-League selection should be selected and elected based on LEAGUE GAME performances ONLY. When they pick ALL-TOURNAMENT team in basketball, season stats aren't considered, ONLY THOSE IN "THAT" TOURNAMENT. Congrats to those that were selected, and to tose that were selected, DON'T forget to thank your teamates & coaches for their support and efforts because baseball and softball are altimate TEAM sports.

League Standings & Records:
1st --- Warren & Jackson ---8-2 -- Co-Champs
3rd --- Gallia --- 7-3
4th --- Logan --- 4-6
5th --- Chillicothe ---2-8
6th --- Portsmouth --- 1-9

League Play is Over, I don't see why they wouldn't go ahead with posting and informing MEDIA?

CONGRATS TO ALL SELECTED and Best of Luck to All in Tournament

LETS REPRESENT SEOAL WITH GOOD TOURNAMENT RUN!!!

I would expect information after coaches share with their players very soon. :)

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

The meetings were held Sunday and the lists have an embargo release date on them — as set and agreed to.

With the exception of one SEOAL media source, which broke the embargo for release of the all-league basketball teams, all of the other SEOAL media outlets should receive those lists this week, and then will release them on the designated date.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

t
Last edited by footballfanatic1 on Tue May 08, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

grannyblue
Waterboy

Post by grannyblue »

League selections have tradionally brought out varied opinions by many. But to malign the young ladies, who were chosen by the league COACHES, as a "joke" is unacceptable. Shame on you.

sportyguy8675309
Waterboy

Post by sportyguy8675309 »

grannyblue wrote:League selections have tradionally brought out varied opinions by many. But to malign the young ladies, who were chosen by the league COACHES, as a "joke" is unacceptable. Shame on you.
Don't think anyone was making a joke of it. IMO

grannyblue
Waterboy

Post by grannyblue »

Footballfanatic1 removed his post and his comment about his post-- as he should have. He agreed his comment was wrong and I guess he was able to remove both of them. And that is a good thing!

sportyguy8675309
Waterboy

Post by sportyguy8675309 »

I see. No need to disrespect the girls like that. Congrats to whomever obtained any league honors!

footballfanatic1
All Conference

MY POST WAS DIRECTED AT THE SYSTEM ON HOW THE TEAM IS PICKED NOT AT LADIES WH ARE SELECTED. TO MANY GOOD PLAYERS ARE PASSED OVER TO GET TO THE PLAYERS THE COACHES LIKE. TO POLITICAL.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Goodness....I can't wait to see this list! I know Warren got 4 on the first team. What team got cheated? What team got more than they should? The league was loaded....especially hitting.

Coaches can't vote for their own right?

grannyblue
Waterboy

Post by grannyblue »

I imagine when the list is made public, we will be able to better see who has sour grapes. I'm already able to see a trend! People who don't like "the system" can always become the coach and try to change it!! The league was loaded. Great hitters and pitchers everywhere! Congratulations to all!

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

footballfanatic1 wrote:MY POST WAS DIRECTED AT THE SYSTEM ON HOW THE TEAM IS PICKED NOT AT LADIES WH ARE SELECTED. TO MANY GOOD PLAYERS ARE PASSED OVER TO GET TO THE PLAYERS THE COACHES LIKE. TO POLITICAL.
This is gonna be a shock to you.......Coaches like THEIR OWN players. A lot of times what happens is that a coach puts too many girls on the board and splits the vote among his or her own players. That can sometimes lead to a really good team not being represented. It's hard to narrow a list of great kids down to a select few. Good luck to all of the ladies that were chosen.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Still nothing?

I've seen the SVC and the SHL.

Enquiring folks need to know.

giggle980
Waterboy

Post by giggle980 »

2012 All-SEOAL Softball team

Player, School Yr Pos

Mattie Lanham**, Gallipolis 12 C

Rachel Morris, Gallipolis 12 Inf

Heather Ward**, Gallipolis 12 P

Maggie Westfall, Gallipolis 10 OF

Rylee Bouillion*, Chillicothe 11 P

Bri Dawes, Chillicothe 9 OF

Kelly Hughes, Jackson 11 Inf

Kacee Jenkins, Jackson 9 P

Kari Jenkins, Jackson 11 Inf

Faith Freeman, Logan 9 P

Brooke Simons, Logan 12 Inf

Jada Jenkins, Portsmouth 9 Inf

Peighton Williams, Portsmouth 9 Inf

Brandi Douglas*, Warren 10 Inf

Kendra Lynch, Warren 10 Inf

Ally Spence*, Warren 12 OF

Hannah Zimmerman**, Warren 12 C

Co-Players of the Year: Heather Ward*, Gallipolis; Hannah Zimmerman, Warren.

Coach of the Year: Don Kunz, Jackson.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

WOW... Jackson only recieved 3 players. i would have guessed at least 5. go figure.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

The list posted here didn't include Honorable Mention picks:

So here they are:

Honorable Mention: Chianna Smitley and Jordan Webb, Chillicothe; Kendra Barnes and Kanessa Snyder, Gallipolis; Samantha Humphreys and Whitney Wills, Jackson; Emily Figgins and Morgan Robinette, Logan; Kasey Simpson and Justice Swords, Portsmouth; Riley Benson and Hailey Murdock, Warren

Team selected by vote of league coaches

Each team was permitted two automatic Honorable Mention selections

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Congrats to all these athletes on great seasons. Looks like the league has a lot of talent returning next year. Good luck to all the seniors, especially Zimmy and Spence from Warren Local. It has been an honor to watch you two young ladies grow up and play ball.

Return to “Softball”