SEOAL - Chillicothe

Sharpie
Riding the Bench

SEOAL - Chillicothe

Post by Sharpie »

Made a trip to Chillicothe Monday for their scrimmage against Waverly, great game! Chilli won 7-3. Chillicothe's preseason has been quite impressive at 5-0-1against solid teams like Waverly & Wellston. This team can out right hit the ball! CHS's freshman players, Bri Dawes and Hanna Ray are GOOD, that's all I'm going to say! Chillicothe's pitcher Boullion has been criticized for her speed, but batters can't touch her breaking balls. I never saw a drop ball like hers, so watch what you say, because she'll eat your batters alive.

Watch out SEOAL, Chillicothe has raised the notch this season and will be tough to beat, I Guarantee it!!

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Re: SEOAL - Chillicothe

Post by ChillSoftball »

Well, if league championships can be handed out before the first REAL game, then congrats Chilli...you are league champs. I predict that they lose both vs Miami Trace....a much improved and hungry team. No offense, but preseason stuff is bologna.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

let's just cancel the season and award the cavs the state title........

giggle980
Waterboy

Post by giggle980 »

There's no need to be sarcastic when someone is just excited about a season for their favorite team. Chill out.

Sharpie
Riding the Bench

Post by Sharpie »

Is Miami Trace in the SEOAL? (I wish) Who said Chilli will win the League Championship? What are you rambling about 'intheknow'? lol Miami Trace will probably be a good test for Chilli.

Oh, please, comments like yours don't offend me 'intheknow', I enjoy them! lol I'm not even going to acknowledge VCrock's comment.

Intelligent replies only, PLEASE!
Last edited by Sharpie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sharpie
Riding the Bench

Post by Sharpie »

Nice intelligent reply giggle! Thanks ;)

Sharpie
Riding the Bench

Post by Sharpie »

VCROCKS wrote:let's just cancel the season and award the cavs the state title........
FYI, Chillicothe is D1 this year, so don't cancel your season. lol

Sharpie
Riding the Bench

Post by Sharpie »

intheknow wrote:Well, if league championships can be handed out before the first REAL game, then congrats Chilli...you are league champs. I predict that they lose both vs Miami Trace....a much improved and hungry team. No offense, but preseason stuff is bologna.
FYI, this is not the NFL preseason! lol

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

No anger or angst here......just a little warning about being good. Warren is poised to walk away with the title, and Gallipolis will contend. Chillicothe will be third, maybe fourth. I'm not sure that they have the pitching to get over the hump, nor the hitting against good pitching. Anyway....best of luck to Chillicothe and stay healthy.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

I think Warren and Gallipolis along with Jackson might have something to test you. but i'm more worried about a pitcher eating their batters.

UncleSam
Waterboy

Post by UncleSam »

Don't forget Portsmouth. They have alot of talent this year. They will definetly be a contender.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

The League title goes through Gallia until someone can knock them off. They have an all-state pitcher returning.

Warren Local is the best overall team on paper, which means nothing when games start and after last nights first and only scrimmage they have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time.

Chilli sounds like they may have what it takes to make a run. Is the Dawes girl the little sister of Seth Dawes?

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

Cap'n Scoop wrote:The League title goes through Gallia until someone can knock them off. They have an all-state pitcher returning.

Warren Local is the best overall team on paper, which means nothing when games start and after last nights first and only scrimmage they have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time.

Chilli sounds like they may have what it takes to make a run. Is the Dawes girl the little sister of Seth Dawes?
No doubt Chillicothe can "make a run" of it, but I agree that Gallia is the champ until someone else says "no". And yes, Bri is Seth's sister.

gobrowns
Freshman Team

Post by gobrowns »

How can you be 5-0-1 in preseason when you are only allowed 4 scrimmages or 3 scrimmages and a preview?

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

gobrowns wrote:How can you be 5-0-1 in preseason when you are only allowed 4 scrimmages or 3 scrimmages and a preview?
Well, maybe they played their JV and won. They played 3 teams in a 3-team scrimmage at Huntington. They played abbreviated games as to not to go over the 3 hour rule. Probably these "games" are more like 3 inning hustles. You could technically win 3 "games" and have only played 2 1/2 hours. Teams do this, well within the rules, all the time.

Sharpie
Riding the Bench

Post by Sharpie »

intheknow wrote:No anger or angst here......just a little warning about being good. Warren is poised to walk away with the title, and Gallipolis will contend. Chillicothe will be third, maybe fourth. I'm not sure that they have the pitching to get over the hump, nor the hitting against good pitching. Anyway....best of luck to Chillicothe and stay healthy.
LOL Warren looked really good yesterday! lol

Sharpie
Riding the Bench

Post by Sharpie »

Cap'n Scoop wrote:The League title goes through Gallia until someone can knock them off. They have an all-state pitcher returning.

Yes

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

Jackson is 0-0 this pre-season, however they have given up 6 runs in 31 innings. That is ALL kids playing, no JV scrimmages. Numbers are down. Oh, they have scored a couple runs now and then also, hope we saved so for the season. ;)
Best of Luck to ALL teams in the SEOAL, ecept when you play the RED & White. LET'S PLAY SOME BALL!!!

Sharpie
Riding the Bench

Post by Sharpie »

intheknow wrote:Well, if league championships can be handed out before the first REAL game, then congrats Chilli...you are league champs. I predict that they lose both vs Miami Trace....a much improved and hungry team. No offense, but preseason stuff is bologna.
So much for your predictions! lol Chilli split with Miami Trace. LOL

footballfanatic1
All Conference

and your only half wrong.

Return to “Softball”