Re: THE WAY TO EARLY HIGH SCHOOL REPORT

Post by gametime »

Looking like some nice weather to get practices started

You can't handle the truth
softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

Burg has been outside quite a bit. The offense will be strong, probably as strong as last year. The pitching is every bit as good with more experience and depth. Still looking for the right combination defensively. The pieces are there. They won't be as strong as last year. That team was special defensively, but they will be fine.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Waverly has a new coach this year. Scott Hayes from Lebanon. He is changing things up for the better and taking a great interest in the Jr High and summer rec ball programs at Waverly. I look for great things from this program in the future

THE VILLAGE IDIOT
Waterboy

Post by THE VILLAGE IDIOT »

Waverly should be a competitive team this year! They have a few kids with college offers. Robinson has committed to Ball State. She is the only one thats committed so far. Jones, and Doles both have offers but have not committed yet. Senior Burton is a very solid player that hits the ball well, and is good defensively, and a solid pitcher. The new Waverly Softball coaching staff is very impressive! I too believe we will see big things from this program over the next several years!

Fireball8
Waterboy

Post by Fireball8 »

Waverly played Unioto (Scrimmage) 3-16-17 (last night).
Unioto won 9-6. Unioto pitched (2) Freshmen Pitchers (Pinkerton/Holt) and (1) Sophomore (Fisher)
Waverly pitched Burton and not sure what the other girls name was.

THE VILLAGE IDIOT
Waterboy

Post by THE VILLAGE IDIOT »

Burton only pitched the 1st 2 or 3 innings and Waverly was up 5-0 or 5-1. If Burton had pitched the entire game it clearly wouldn't have been close. The Robinson twins aren't eligible to play yet. Unioto struggled to hit Burton. The other pitcher that pitched the last 5 innings was our 4th or 5th string pitcher. Our other Junior pitcher McKee wasn't there last night. Scrimmages are to try things and learn. It's practice. I wasn't aware that anyone could win a scrimmage. The pitcher who pitched the last 5 innings had a tough night, she walked about 10 kids and hit 2 with pitches I believe, and that's how Unioto scored 8 of there runs. Not trying to take anything away from Unioto, they have a fine program, I'm just being realistic.

Fireball8
Waterboy

Post by Fireball8 »

THE VILLAGE IDIOT wrote:Burton only pitched the 1st 2 or 3 innings and Waverly was up 5-0 or 5-1. If Burton had pitched the entire game it clearly wouldn't have been close. The Robinson twins aren't eligible to play yet. Unioto struggled to hit Burton. The other pitcher that pitched the last 5 innings was our 4th or 5th string pitcher. Our other Junior pitcher McKee wasn't there last night. Scrimmages are to try things and learn. It's practice. I wasn't aware that anyone could win a scrimmage. The pitcher who pitched the last 5 innings had a tough night, she walked about 10 kids and hit 2 with pitches I believe, and that's how Unioto scored 8 of there runs. Not trying to take anything away from Unioto, they have a fine program, I'm just being realistic.

Yikes. I did not realize this board had thin skin.

I will not post any more scores or results. sorry.

BTW Waverly had a nice team. (I did not invoke any opinions, just mentioned score, scrimmage, and pitchers names)

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

With the talent I'm seeing at Waverly, along with the newly acquired knowledgeable, and experienced coaching staff, I can see the Tigers making a run in this year's tournament.

Softball_skids
Freshman Team

Post by Softball_skids »

Sounds like Waverly may be state bound

lefty_fastpitch
Waterboy

Post by lefty_fastpitch »

it was good to see some live action and outdoors unioto and waverly both looked good probably first scrimmage for both.looked like both teams are gonna be ok when season starts,think both teams had some players sitting half season and will be impact players in second half season and post season thinking both are gonna have post season run.

Return to “Softball”