New rule

mglight
Riding the Bench

New rule

Post by mglight »

I saw a new rule posted that starting this upcoming season, regular season and tournament game sites will need to have the double-base at first!

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Re: New rule

Post by Swampfox »

Under the current rule the double-first base is STUPID!!!! It was originally put in for safety, to avoid collisions. But the powers to be in their infinite wisdom did away with that when they allow the defensive person to use that base. Change at the last moment, one of two things can happen collision or runner goes to white base and puts her between the thrower and 1st baseman. I realize by making the first basemen use the white bag only, that on some third strike calls that the catcher maybe throwing across the foul line putting the runner in the way. Either state that the orange base Is for the runner ONLY or take it out.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

What is the difference between softball and baseball? Runners are the same and they are making the same plays. Remove the orange base and let the game continue on without pointless rules to make schools and team spend more money...

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

It's like 20 bucks and it's a great idea

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

Either get rid of it or use it for what it is intended for to be a safety base. There are 1st baseman that use the orange base even when they don't have to, it like a get out of jail free card. The base was originally designed to avoid collisions not to give a fielder extra space to make a play. I realize that a throw from deep behind home may put a runner in the path. That is the only time it would occur. Not the powers to be in their infinite wisdom can potentially put the runner in the way on any given play in the infield. Like I said before take it out or use it for safety. The cost of a double base is anywhere from $23-$200. The cost should not be the issue compared to possible injuries.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

There are definitely less possible injuries with the base than without it

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

I am not talking affordability, I'm talking safety. With the rules that are in place. the extra base has lost its reasoning.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Then you don't know the rules or they aren't being enforced correctly

Return to “Softball”