Next Level Signings ?

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

Re: Next Level Signings ?

Post by Between the Lines »

BudLytle wrote:Having a daughter who just completed her freshman season at a D2 school... I will tell you that she did not get recruited at her high school games. She was exclusively recruited by D1, D2, D3, and NAIA schools during summer ball. Anyone who believes that anyone is going to be recruited or seen at HS games in todays era knows absolutely nothing about the current recruiting process. Not only do you have to play in the summer you must play for a team that gets you in the tournaments college coaches attend. On top of this you must also go to camps, get in front of the coaches and give them a reason to come see you play. After this, you need to contact coaches at colleges you are interested in and let them know where and when you are playing, they are not going to waste time on players who don't put in the time to be recruited. Finally, I will say this... clevelandbrowns#1... don't know how much softball you have watched in this area, but I have watched ALOT, and will tell you we have several D1 caliber players coming out of our area. Many CHOOSE not to go D1 for various reasons, and many times talent is not 1 of them. The fit for the school, the quality of education, relationship with players and coaches, smaller school environment, instant playing time and opportunity at success, etc., etc., etc. My daughter could have gone D1 and CHOSE not to because she absolutely loved the school she chose and decided it was a better fit for her! We get so caught up on D1, D2, D3, NAIA as parents and spectators... when what really matters is these young ladies going to school where they get some or all of their EDUCATION payed for playing a game they love to play and complete their degree to set them up for success in life. These athletic endeavors are only temporary, the degree they earn allows them to be successful in life!
BudLytle Your post explains it all, great reply. If a young lady is thinking about the next level its not only about finding a good travel team its also about finding a team that plays in the right tournaments.

fpcoach
Freshman Team

Re: Next Level Signings ?

Post by fpcoach »

Boatman from Northwest going to Rio

Return to “Softball”