Yes, this really happened during the game

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Yes, this really happened during the game

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

During a game I was recently at I observed the following.

A pitcher, who has struggled big time the two times she has pitched was struggling really badly as she had the entire time she had been in this game.

The coach had not called time to try and settle her down but she did set in the dugout and have a pretty long conversation with the kids mother.

Unbelievable.

Eastern EaglePapaw
Waterboy

Re: Yes, this really happened during the game

Post by Eastern EaglePapaw »

Was mommy upset because she won't be getting a scholarship to the Ohio state university now?

Don't worry.....I hate Belpre.
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Mom did not seem upset. She was politely responding to the coach, who had started the talk.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

The mom was not in the dugout, she was there as a fan. She was standing by the dugout taking pitchers of her daughter, the pitcher. And the coach stops watching the game and begins a long conversation with the mom The pitcher mean while, who is a freshman, is struggling. The coach pays little or no attention to this, while the pitcher continues to struggle as she did so the entire game.

leftyfastpitch
Waterboy

Post by leftyfastpitch »

Who was the team?

Stretch
Waterboy

Post by Stretch »

leftyfastpitch wrote:Who was the team?
Who cares ? The point is this so-called coach was more interested in having a conversation with the mother than attending to his player or team. There is plenty of time after a game to discuss any concerns with the parent.

REMEMBER THE TITANS !
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Stretch wrote:
leftyfastpitch wrote:Who was the team?
Who cares ? The point is this so-called coach was more interested in having a conversation with the mother than attending to his player or team. There is plenty of time after a game to discuss any concerns with the parent.
I am glad you got the point. The team does not matter. I find it sad that any coach on any team would do this and allow a freshman, who seems to have lost all of her confidence was left out to dry by a coach,any coach. From what I have been told this player,whom I have never spoke to had lost just one game in the last two years, while pitching.

Return to “Softball”