Travel team looking for players

Thehype
Waterboy

Travel team looking for players

Post by Thehype »

Does anyone know any GOOD 14u travel ball players looking for a team? Team out of Ashland Ky looking for 1 or 2 SOLID players.

Stretch
Waterboy

Re: Travel team looking for players

Post by Stretch »

Positions?

REMEMBER THE TITANS !
Thehype
Waterboy

Post by Thehype »

Preferably a solid pitcher or catcher. I know that's hard to find this time of year..lol..WE are looking for someone that can play outfield and and second base. But I will say the way we coach any position is open if the girl is good enough. WE don't play daddy ball like MOST teams.

Thehype
Waterboy

Post by Thehype »

Preferably a solid pitcher or catcher. I know that's hard to find this time of year..lol..WE are looking for someone that can play outfield and and second base. But I will say the way we coach any position is open if the girl is good enough. WE don't play daddy ball like MOST teams.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

No one plays OF. Stars play the IF. Just put whoever in the OF, doesn't really matter.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

When you get to 14U you better have some good outfielders

Dadof3
Waterboy

Post by Dadof3 »

fbnut wrote:When you get to 14U you better have some good outfielders
Absolutely have to have a great outfield! Girls getting recruited at that age that are OF only.

Thehype
Waterboy

Post by Thehype »

Heck yeah..this isn't little lg, I think outfield is more important than infield as you get older. You let the ball by you in the infield it's a base hit. You let the ball by you in he outfield and now runners are in scoring position. But back to my ORIGINAL post. I am looking for solid players, for my 14u team. Two, maybe three.

Thehype
Waterboy

Post by Thehype »

Troy..hahaha

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Ok, take one of your best players and put her in the OF and then watch her daddy set your car ablaze
Last edited by Troy on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Troy wrote:Ok...take one of your best players and put her in the OF and then watch her daddy set your car ablaze
what level and age groups have you been watching? Give me a center fielder that can go get it any day.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

fbnut wrote:
Troy wrote:Ok...take one of your best players and put her in the OF and then watch her daddy set your car ablaze
what level and age groups have you been watching? Give me a center fielder that can go get it any day.
I've seen a ton from coach pitch through high school. OF is critically important and any coach worth a darn knows it, but most super dads don't.

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

I've not met one parent or dad for that matter that gets upset when his daughter plays the OF with an elite team. I'm sure there are exceptions to it, the age, level of play. But, I'm guessing you wont ever see it with an elite type team. If you do, I'm also guessing you will only see it once because lil Suzy won't be with that team any longer. Now taking his precious daughter off the mound, that's a whole different story, lol. Sorry to hi-jack your post.
Last edited by softball24_7 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

softball24_7 wrote:I've not met one parent or dad for that matter that gets upset when his daughter plays the OF with an elite team. I'm sure there are exceptions to it, the age, level of play. But, I'm guessing you wont ever see it with an elite type team. If you do, I'm also guessing you will only see it once because lil Suzy won't be with that team any longer.
I'm kinda with Troy. Maybe the upper echelon teams but I've coached one of these teams, been a Dad to a player on another and assisted on a regional final team. I've had multiple upset dads at me for mentioning or placing in the OF. There isn't a person on here that values OF more than I do. My dad, myself, my sister all played it with joy and passion. My daughter who played wherever she was told all her life was put in RF due to belligerent dad on a scioto co travel team....no big deal. Get to high school and starts 2nd base from day 1 as a 14 year old freshman....85 games later she was asked to move to CF 3/4 way her senior season because our OF needed a strong CF....another player wouldn't do it.

We missed going to the final 4 after leading 2-0 in the 6th against the team that won the state championship on a missed lazy fly ball. No one needs to convince me of OF importance....but I still agree with what Troy is saying.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This being said I do believe the view on OF has came along a bit over the last 5 or so years. Hopefully it keeps moving in that direction.

Return to “Softball”