Riding the Bench

OVC this year?

Post by OVCfanatic »

Who is gonna win it?

gametime
SE

Re: OVC this year?

Post by gametime »

Rock Hill will be strong, Didn't lose alot of players and won it last year.

You can't handle the truth
OVCfanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by OVCfanatic »

Does anyone know how well the Gallia Academy softball team is, I've heard nothing about them?

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Was wondering the same thing about Gallia Academy?

OVCfanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by OVCfanatic »

Did Ironton lose anyone?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Gallia was 7-11 at the seeding of districts. they were an 5 seed and lost to #4 Warren in the first game of tournament play.

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

RH is clearly the favorite going into the season with pretty much their whole team back. :arrow: Ironton definitely lost a few players with their pitcher gone and their ss went to the Burg. RH beat Gallia last season. I look for SP to always be strong with Rawlins back for her senior season. CG will be tough a lot of young talent on that team. I would say RH, SP, CG should be on top. Portsmouth has their pitcher back but lost a lot to graduation. Chesy still has their pitcher and she's strong but I don't know what they have around her. Fairland had key players who graduated but still will be good. Should be a competitive league .

EagleSBall
Waterboy

Post by EagleSBall »

OVCfanatic wrote:Does anyone know how well the Gallia Academy softball team is, I've heard nothing about them?
gametime wrote:Was wondering the same thing about Gallia Academy?
I only watched them play once last season but from what I saw they had 3-4 girls that could hurt you at the plate and a decent pitcher and catcher.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

who is the blue angels coach?

OVCfanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by OVCfanatic »

I agree that Rock Hill will be the team to beat. Coal Grove and South Point will be in the mix, with Chesapeake,Fairland,Ironton, and Portsmouth fighting out the rest. Not sure were Gallia is in the mix. Should be an interesting year in the OVC. Wonder if this is the year where no one runs away and hides with the OVC, which is how it's been the last few.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Coal kid has a kid that throws the heat .

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

RH will be the team to beat , pitching back didn't lose but a couple players with depth to replace

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

Ironton was gutted. They lost 4 of their best 5 players. Pitcher, Second Base, and Center field to graduation, and Short Stop to transfer. They will be down. Way down. 8th grade looks strong, and can help next year.

OVCfanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by OVCfanatic »

I didn't know Ironton lost that much, ouch.

Softballfan15
Waterboy

Post by Softballfan15 »

Peanut wrote:RH is clearly the favorite going into the season with pretty much their whole team back. :arrow: Ironton definitely lost a few players with their pitcher gone and their ss went to the Burg. RH beat Gallia last season. I look for SP to always be strong with Rawlins back for her senior season. CG will be tough a lot of young talent on that team. I would say RH, SP, CG should be on top. Portsmouth has their pitcher back but lost a lot to graduation. Chesy still has their pitcher and she's strong but I don't know what they have around her. Fairland had key players who graduated but still will be good. Should be a competitive league .
Fairland will be way down this year- pretty much lost the entire infield except the pitcher.

Return to “Softball”