Clay Lady Panthers

MrClean
Waterboy

Clay Lady Panthers

Post by MrClean »

How does everyone think the Lady Panthers will look this season? They obviously lost a few big players in the senior class. But they're still quite a young team. What are your thoughts?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: Clay Lady Panthers

Post by ManitouDan »

who steps into the circle to replace Cami ? it all starts with pitching.

renegade
Waterboy

Post by renegade »

They should be a very interesting team, Im not sure that Clay will be as down as some would think. I've seen the Mader girl pitch a couple of times in ASA ball this summer against some strong teams, I think Clay will be happy with what she'll bring to the table. She does have around 5 pitches. Also she has one mean change-up, one of the best I've seen. They have a good freshman group and also a freshman transfer from Valley who I've also seen play ball this summer, Metzler or Musser I'm not sure but one heck of a shortstop. They will be a young group but will possibly challenge for the Soc 1.
Good Luck Panthers and all Soc teams.

renegade
Waterboy

Post by renegade »

I almost forgot about the core of this team, returning is Senior - Tori Osborne ,who is also a fine pitcher, Juniors - Holly Hempill, Keeley Craft, and I think Chelsea Beegan is playing this year, add that to the list of upcoming freshman like Mariah Tackett and Allison Castle along with Soph. Lindsay Mader then maybe they do have a shot at the SOC 1.
I'm sure I'm forgetting some players and I apologize, hard to remember everyones name. But I did find out the transfer from Valley's name , Messer not Musser or whatever I put. "Sorry"

ALSO:
Notre Dame will be improved this season and will also have a good shot at the title.

East is on the rise and they have a very good chance.

Symmes Valley is always a great team and should be the ones to beat.

SOC 1 this season I believe will be wide open.

Good Luck to all Soc teams
I wish it was March!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

nice report Renegade --thanks for the good scoop on whats going on at clay. And Messer is a heck of a pick up. MD

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

MD, is there any room for me over here?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ABSOLUTELY !! (I've got to be kind since you cut me a bunch of slack on the FB board ) . I get the feeling you are part of the ND family and I know i hacked off a bunch of them , including you, but I honestly could not fathom our young guys being able to hang with a school the size of GC, thought we might get kids hurt and jeopardize the winnable games that we did have the rest of the season GLAD I WAS DEAD WRONG .

back to the subject --CAN"T WAIT TIL SPRING SOFTBALL ! our Jr high should be great again and hopefully I'll get the opportunity to coach. That group of 7th graders is a special group of athletes . And coach Keller should get some nice frosh to help out the cause. Go ND . MD

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

MD, I've seen your girls play and they are very good players. Best of luck.

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Post by Underdog2006 »

I'm anxious to see what Clay has, looks good on paper but until they get on the field and actually start practicing, its just really hard to predict. But I do agree with renegade, SOC 1 will be a toss up .

upi34
Riding the Bench

Post by upi34 »

Symmes Valley returns a lot of talent with experience and should be the team to beat

renegade
Waterboy

Post by renegade »

upi34 wrote:Symmes Valley returns a lot of talent with experience and should be the team to beat

I agree 100%, Symmes Valley is the team to beat. But I do like the balance of the league this year, should be a good one.

upi34
Riding the Bench

Post by upi34 »

I agree...the SOC 1 has continued to improve every year...a nice change from where it was years ago

MrClean
Waterboy

Post by MrClean »

How will the girls from Clay adjust to their new coach. Should be interesting.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Who is the new coach ?

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Post by Underdog2006 »

New coach's name is Dick McCleese, he is a good fit for the Lady Panthers.
Retired Athletic Director, School Teacher, coached Clay in a variety of sports for about 25 years or better. From boys baseball to girls basketball, he has done it all. Players will love him.

upi34
Riding the Bench

Post by upi34 »

His win-loss record has not been the best

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Post by Underdog2006 »

upi34 wrote:His win-loss record has not been the best

Mr. McCleese is a good coach. Small schools like Clay are not always blessed with having a multitude of talented kids to pick from. I believe he has the talent now and upcoming, and should be competitive 3 to 4 years and maybe more.

Texas Pete
Waterboy

Post by Texas Pete »

Hard to replace a Cami Groves and Dani Summers but Clay seems to produce good talent every now and then. We'll just have to wait and see.

Pirate4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Pirate4Life »

Who is the Mader girl? Is she a freshman?

therundown
Waterboy

Post by therundown »

she is a sophomore, id say will be clay's new #1 pitcher, that i am aware of that can get the job done. good luck!

Return to “Softball”