Eastern Meigs Head Coach Search

Pic A Way
Waterboy

Re: Eastern Meigs Head Coach Search

Post by Pic A Way »

pomeroy panther wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:41 pm I'm hearing a certain former Meigs baseball coach is very interested in the job if it comes open
Yes, I heard Bissell is interested and I think he’d be just what eastern needs. Him and coach Bowen did a lot of great things when they coached together!

Fields3
Waterboy

Post by Fields3 »

So what your telling me is Bowen is gone for sure!?

Pic A Way
Waterboy

Post by Pic A Way »

I don't think anyone knows anything for sure

putz
Waterboy

Post by putz »

I’m hearing the decision will be made at the board meeting on October 24th. I am expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. I don’t think they have any real proof, but they have shown us before that they really don’t need any

gle300
Riding the Bench

Post by gle300 »

Eastern is a good program. Such a shame to see this.

Pic A Way
Waterboy

Post by Pic A Way »

Attachments
58AF8F72-A470-4469-885B-60C80B09F6B5.png

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Pic, what in the world is that from?

Pic A Way
Waterboy

Post by Pic A Way »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:31 pm Pic, what in the world is that from?
That is the official results of the investigation from the superintendents office at Eastern.
(Bowen is the “respondent”)

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

how can someone be fired for any of that? from what I've heard the AD has done far worse!

Tomkitty
Waterboy

Post by Tomkitty »

There is no winner in this. Even with the minimal findings, imagine what happens to the Board if worse allegations are made in the future and found to be credible.? Parents would be pointing the finger immediately that the Board knew and did nothing about it. Without a doubt, he is a winning coach, but his job is a teacher. Even if the Board is willing to allow him to teach and not allow him to coach, they are taking the same risk. The Board can't afford to take the risk and he is going to be fired for doing the same things that 95% of the coaches do. No one wins. Not to stir the pot, but if the coach were a woman, would this be going on? Or would she be considered to be "involved with the players".

Pic A Way
Waterboy

Post by Pic A Way »

Coach Bowen will officially be retaining his position as a teacher. I assume he will come back to coach in the spring as well

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I'd think it would be difficult to go back to my job after that fiasco. Little to no findings, but you can bet there will be talk around the small community. I wonder if a change of schools could be in Coach Bowen's near future. Just to get a fresh start.

Pic A Way
Waterboy

Post by Pic A Way »

Fonzie wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:18 pm I'd think it would be difficult to go back to my job after that fiasco. Little to no findings, but you can bet there will be talk around the small community. I wonder if a change of schools could be in Coach Bowen's near future. Just to get a fresh start.
Fonz, I agree. I just can’t see returning after the witch hunt that was made after him. But I will say that the support in the community for coach has been incredible. The administration at Eastern had absolutely no evidence and in the end the truth was revealed.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Pic A Way wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:49 pm
Fonzie wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:18 pm I'd think it would be difficult to go back to my job after that fiasco. Little to no findings, but you can bet there will be talk around the small community. I wonder if a change of schools could be in Coach Bowen's near future. Just to get a fresh start.
Fonz, I agree. I just can’t see returning after the witch hunt that was made after him. But I will say that the support in the community for coach has been incredible. The administration at Eastern had absolutely no evidence and in the end the truth was revealed.
Listen guys this whole thing sucks! The only thing I care about is the supposed victim didn't even accuse him of it. That's reason enough to let it go. I'll say the district had no choice in today's climate, and some of his behavior was still a bit unbecoming or he wouldn't have agreed to a 5 day suspension without pay. But even as an educator, I get why the district had to do what they did. He will get paid for all of his other missed days on leave, so that's good.

And I don't think for a second he should leave. The community is very supportive and has his back. I'm a little confused by something though, why the interaction with female athletes? Does he also coach a girls sport?

Pic A Way
Waterboy

Post by Pic A Way »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:31 pm
Listen guys this whole thing sucks! The only thing I care about is the supposed victim didn't even accuse him of it. That's reason enough to let it go. I'll say the district had no choice in today's climate, and some of his behavior was still a bit unbecoming or he wouldn't have agreed to a 5 day suspension without pay. But even as an educator, I get why the district had to do what they did. He will get paid for all of his other missed days on leave, so that's good.

And I don't think for a second he should leave. The community is very supportive and has his back. I'm a little confused by something though, why the interaction with female athletes? Does he also coach a girls sport?
He was an assistant for girls bball

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Pic A Way wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:55 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:31 pm

He was an assistant for girls bball
Gotcha. Sorry I really didn't know that. Makes sense now.

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

on the black wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:37 pm how can someone be fired for any of that? from what I've heard the AD has done far worse!
I bet if it were your child that he was touching you wouldn't be asking how in the world could he be fired.

I am not a Burrows fan but, I am a BURROW fan!
Pic A Way
Waterboy

Post by Pic A Way »

Shotgun red wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:05 am
on the black wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:37 pm how can someone be fired for any of that? from what I've heard the AD has done far worse!
I bet if it were your child that he was touching you wouldn't be asking how in the world could he be fired.
Read the article in the sentinel. This girl dad was at the board meeting in support of the coach

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

According to the article, the young lady in question, was not the one who reported him. In fact, she has said Bowen has never been inappropriate or made her feel concerned. The young lady's father was in attendance, in support of Bowen. To me, someone had sour grapes and reported something that was not true, which now has nearly cost a man his job, countless hours for the board and superintendent, and I am sure stress on families involved.

Pretty sad.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:02 pm According to the article, the young lady in question, was not the one who reported him. In fact, she has said Bowen has never been inappropriate or made her feel concerned. The young lady's father was in attendance, in support of Bowen. To me, someone had sour grapes and reported something that was not true, which now has nearly cost a man his job, countless hours for the board and superintendent, and I am sure stress on families involved.

Pretty sad.
The girls basketball coach has been fired and now charged. Originally, it started with the investigation into that situation.

Return to “Baseball”