5/31 Minford v. Ridgewood (The Rematch)

bman
SEO

Re: 5/31 Minford v. Ridgewood (The Rematch)

Post by bman »

Needs to move back to the VA.
Last edited by bman on Fri May 31, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

It's a nice field, don't get me wrong. But at least on a Saturday move start to 1 or 2 to give yourself some time if it does start raining. 5:00 start leaves no room for delay with no lights. Then what? 3rd times the charm? Try again on Sunday? Smdh

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

Rumor has it there will be another game there before that.
Could a weather delay or no light problem become an issue again?

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

There is a REASON why the Regional Final is not at the VA. Central District and East District teams complain about the no spikes rule. That is why the two SE District winners play each other the first game of the Regional. Then, they move it elsewhere. It started when Marion Elgin complained a few years back and Wheelersburg had to play them in the Regional Final in Columbus.

and yes, I have played many, many games at Ohio Dominican. Great hitting background and field. Some of you people would complain about anything. Probably just pissed because you drove up there and it got rained out.
Last edited by 25th Street NW on Fri May 31, 2019 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

25th Street NW wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:41 pm There is a reason it is not at the VA. Central District and East District team complain about the no spike rule. That is why the two SE District winners play each other the first game of the Regional. Then, they move it elsewhere.
Football cleats

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

No spike rule is why the Regional Final is NOT played at the VA.
If you don't believe me, ask the OHSAA.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I played several games at Ohio Dominican while in college. Not a great venue.

Especially when looking at all of the available venues in central Ohio. I could name 5 other college field that are tremendously better.
Last edited by Bleeding Red on Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swayze
Riding the Bench

Post by Swayze »

Live in the Columbus area and am a Minford alum. Looks like rain again tomorrow... meet halfway in a cow pasture I’m sure the kids wouldn’t mind. Probably would hold water better than ODU.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

It is the Memorial Golf Tournament weekend. It always rains in Columbus that weekend.

billyray
Waterboy

Post by billyray »

MClaw wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:00 pm That has to be one of the worst places to play a regional final game. 100 steps down a steep hill, port a johns, grass field, and no lights. Then it started raining and they had a full infield tarp but did not use it. Needs to be played somewhere else. Rant over
This location was very disappointing as far as accommodation for the elderly. Too many steep steps and I feel it’s a safety hazard. One of our fans fell exiting the venue. Being down below the hill felt unsafe when it began to storm, we were evacuated from the bleachers.
Regional final game should have been at Huntington Park like last year. It was way nicer and the stadium was covered to accommodate the possible weather conditions. Upset to drive and waste a whole day for us to not even play.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Wasn’t last year at Bill Davis or am I imagining that??

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Regional Finals were at Bill Davis last year, Huntington Park was State Semi-Finals. Neither site was available or willing to host this year. Not sure if some of you realize how difficult it is finding schools and facilities that want to host and that are affordable enough to host.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

Beaver field in Lancaster is available and they are already hosting tourney games. Why not play there? And yes 25th St I am mad. At minimum they venue should have lights and be easily accessible. ODU staff didn't even attempt to put tarp on the field when it looked like rain.Trust me, the Minford boys don't care. They'd play in a parking lot in basketball shoes if need be. At least the parking lot would have lights!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Ohio State probably would not host because of the state track meet going on. Right across the parking lot.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Bozo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:38 am Ohio State probably would not host because of the state track meet going on. Right across the parking lot.
Correct and Huntington Park isn't going to host one high school game. Rent would be too high and not worth it.

There are a number of quality high school and college fields in the Columbus area that would be better than some of the issues that ODU has.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:50 pm I played several games at Ohio Dominican while in college. Not a great venue.

Especially when looking at all of the available venues in central Ohio. I could name 5 other college field that are tremendously better.
The issue is availibity, cost and most importantly the willingness to host.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Ridgewood 2
Minford 1

Top 4

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Update ?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Just got a update from my friend kyle. 3-3 end of the 7th inning

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

The call where they said Risner didn’t catch it was terrible.
Last edited by BondRoad Bandit on Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Baseball”