Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bozo
S

Re: 5/30 Minford v Westfall

Post by Bozo »

I am sure that Westfall will throw the sophomore. He is 9-0 and has good stuff.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Minford keeps rolling

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Minford takes a bite out of westfall

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

This one won't be close. Westfall definitely not a good hitting team. Predicting Minford 12-1.

MinfordFalcons
Riding the Bench

Post by MinfordFalcons »

If Minford plays the way they have all season they’ll be just fine. It’s hard to find a team at the high school level that is as solid as they are in every aspect (hitting, fielding, pitching, team speed) They just put to much pressure on teams when they’re on base with all the speed. I’ll predict 9-3 Minford

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

MinfordFalcons wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:10 pm If Minford plays the way they have all season they’ll be just fine. It’s hard to find a team at the high school level that is as solid as they are in every aspect (hitting, fielding, pitching, team speed) They just put to much pressure on teams when they’re on base with all the speed. I’ll predict 9-3 Minford
Agree, good luck to the Falcons.

How many seniors on this year Minford team?

MinfordFalcons
Riding the Bench

Post by MinfordFalcons »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:24 pm
MinfordFalcons wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:10 pm If Minford plays the way they have all season they’ll be just fine. It’s hard to find a team at the high school level that is as solid as they are in every aspect (hitting, fielding, pitching, team speed) They just put to much pressure on teams when they’re on base with all the speed. I’ll predict 9-3 Minford
Agree, good luck to the Falcons.

How many seniors on this year Minford team?
5 seniors

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

BurgBaskets wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:46 am This one won't be close. Westfall definitely not a good hitting team. Predicting Minford 12-1.
Im not sure where you got that Westfall is not a good hitting team. Their lineup top to bottom can hit and has all year. They won a league that put 4 teams in the districts(almost 5 when Piketon nearly upset Minford), 2 in the regionals, beat the number 3 team the state 3-0, and beat Wheelersburg who beat Minford.
Now let me give you a realistic take...Minford does have an edge in depth of hitting and a slight edge in speed. They are very good and it would not surprise anyone if they win. But.....no stats, strength of schedule, or anything else you can throw out there suggest this is a blowout. Finally.....Westfalls team batting Average is .342 i believe. Please show me other teams that have a higher average. Sounds like a sour burg fan to me.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Westfall can hit. Their offense is solid 1-9.

The SVC was a very good league in 2019 from top to bottom. There was a battle almost every night in the league. In D2, Zane Trace won 20 games and lost to Athens who is in the Regionals. ZT will be back to D3 next year. Unioto won 15 games and had key injuries at the end of the season. Along with the teams that were mentioned above with tournament success.

Westfall is big game tested, they are capable of pulling off this one.

On a side note, Westfall (D3) and Huntington (D4) were both barely under to play in the lower division.

Westfall was D2 last year.
Last edited by 25th Street NW on Mon May 27, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Westfall is no pushover by any means. They can hit 1-9 and showed the type of defense that they are capable of playing when they beat Burg.

Minford is the favorite, but Westfall should be able to push them, if not beat them.

Good luck to the Mustangs on Thursday!

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

Minford is firing on all cylinders at the right time. Every phase of the game is on point. With that said they should not overlook anyone. Credit goes to the coaching staff and seniors for keeping the team focused. Good luck Thursday against a capable Westfall squad.

sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

I think Minford will win fairly easily as well. I thought Westfall was a solid team for sure and they did what they had to do to advance but Rock Hill was clearly the better team that day, took 6-7 errors 5 in the 7th inning on and a huge meltdown for them to win that one.

markymark1969
Freshman Team

Post by markymark1969 »

Be sure to catch the Division III Regional Semifinal baseball game between Minford and Westfall on Thursday from V.A. Memorial Stadium in Chillicothe beginning at 1:45 p.m. on Fox Sports AM WNXT and 95.7 FM and streaming live on WNXT Sports.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

SVC and SOC II are (by far) the best baseball conferences in Ohio south of Columbus. Both winners of their respective conferences are represented in this match up.

I dont see a huge blowout but I will say Minford has a big advantage in certain areas. IMO they have faced far better pitching overall this season than Westfall. I know the kid from Westfall is a good pitcher, but he isnt anything that Minford hasnt seen time and again this season.

Speed wise this is one of the fastest teams I have seen at the high school level. They hit the ball extremely well and they put tremendous pressure on opposing defenses when they get on base. They can also manufacture runs though bunting, hit and runs, etc. Bottom line is they make the other team "think" and thats when they get on teams for 5+ run innings.

Some teams around here have good athletes that play baseball. Minford has great baseball players who are also extremely athletic. These kids know the game and they have been on the big stage before.

I like Minford winning 7-4

It should be a very good match up.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

As long as the falcons don’t hit it right at the guy, I can’t see this being close. They are seeing the ball really well now. Falcons move on.

MuletownMemer
Waterboy

Post by MuletownMemer »

svc_guy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:23 pm
BurgBaskets wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:46 am This one won't be close. Westfall definitely not a good hitting team. Predicting Minford 12-1.
Im not sure where you got that Westfall is not a good hitting team. Their lineup top to bottom can hit and has all year. They won a league that put 4 teams in the districts(almost 5 when Piketon nearly upset Minford), 2 in the regionals, beat the number 3 team the state 3-0, and beat Wheelersburg who beat Minford.
Now let me give you a realistic take...Minford does have an edge in depth of hitting and a slight edge in speed. They are very good and it would not surprise anyone if they win. But.....no stats, strength of schedule, or anything else you can throw out there suggest this is a blowout. Finally.....Westfalls team batting Average is .342 i believe. Please show me other teams that have a higher average. Sounds like a sour burg fan to me.
I think BurgBaskets take on this is pretty fair. Westfall is good but they have gotten lucky a few times. They didn’t beat Rock Hill, Rock Hill beat themselves. Burg smoked the ball off of their pitcher, but they were right at Westfall’s defense. Some of those hits fall and it’s easily Burg vs Minford tomorrow. I expect Minford to continue firing on all cylinders and I expect to see Lauder or Vogelsong throw a gem.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

MuletownMemer wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:36 pm
I think BurgBaskets take on this is pretty fair. Westfall is good but they have gotten lucky a few times. They didn’t beat Rock Hill, Rock Hill beat themselves. Burg smoked the ball off of their pitcher, but they were right at Westfall’s defense. Some of those hits fall and it’s easily Burg vs Minford tomorrow. I expect Minford to continue firing on all cylinders and I expect to see Lauder or Vogelsong throw a gem.
Westfall has seen good pitching all year. Minford is favored but I dont see any blowouts. You cant take away their defense, its been good all year. I know Minford is very good but I also know they almost got beat by a team near the bottom of our league 3 games ago. They are gettable. We will see. Good luck to both teams.

JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

Minford BIG! Minford continues to roll, going with 13-1.

Justmebaby
Waterboy

Post by Justmebaby »

MuletownMemer wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:36 pm
MuletownMemer... I also think your statement is extremely contradictory in that Westfall found a way to win. Regardless of what Rock Hill did or did not do, Westfall found a way to win. Also, the last time I checked, defense was a part of the game of baseball and good defense does win. Bottom line, it's not Burg vs Minford because Westfall found a way to win. Not predicting a Westfall win against Minford, but I do expect that Westfall will be in the game with them and they will "find a way" to keep it close!

Return to “Baseball”