Jackson Baseball

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Jackson Baseball

Post by Ironman92 »

2018 8 wins
2019 13 wins

Coach Andy Graham was non renewed. I’m not savvy to the intricate details or problems but I very much wish him well and appreciate how he gave his time and coaching salary back to the program. I believe he left the program is very good shape. Returning talent is good and experienced. They were the 9 seed this year in the deep sectional and had Warren in a good spot later in the game but couldn’t prevail.

I now wonder who might be the next JHS baseball coach?

Dandy Don
All Conference

Re: Jackson Baseball

Post by Dandy Don »

I was going to stay away from this. Had a post wrote earlier and then deleted it because it would just sound like a Wellston guy trolling a Jackson situation and standing up for an original Wellston guy, but screw it, this is pretty ridiculous , and if you know anything about the situation you would understand what the driver is/was.

Don't rehire a guy that is clearly improving and winning (lost their sectional game to a 9 seed Warren team that played in the District Final), bringing back what has to be one of the younger clubs in their league having started multiple freshman and sophomores and only what 3 seniors? The last two coaching groups have been outstanding but someone's kid didn't play, or should have played more, or got yelled at, or got taken out of a game, or fill in the complaint blank with all the excuses there are, bleh, bleh, bleh. If you are around that city enough it don't take long to hear the parent problems. Ever see a whole family fold up their chairs or leave the bleachers when there kid doesn't play or is subbed for? Well go on down to apple town because that is how they roll. I was given about a dozen more examples just like that.

But hey lets not rehire because thats the problem ;), sure, got it.

Tip of the cap to former Rocket who gave it a shot and got dealt a bad hand.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dandy Don wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:25 pm I was going to stay away from this. Had a post wrote earlier and then deleted it because it would just sound like a Wellston guy trolling a Jackson situation and standing up for an original Wellston guy, but screw it, this is pretty ridiculous , and if you know anything about the situation you would understand what the driver is/was.

Don't rehire a guy that is clearly improving and winning (lost their sectional game to a 9 seed Warren team that played in the District Final), bringing back what has to be one of the younger clubs in their league having started multiple freshman and sophomores and only what 3 seniors? The last two coaching groups have been outstanding but someone's kid didn't play, or should have played more, or got yelled at, or got taken out of a game, or fill in the complaint blank with all the excuses there are, bleh, bleh, bleh. If you are around that city enough it don't take long to hear the parent problems. Ever see a whole family fold up their chairs or leave the bleachers when there kid doesn't play or is subbed for? Well go on down to apple town because that is how they roll. I was given about a dozen more examples just like that.

But hey lets not rehire because thats the problem ;), sure, got it.

Tip of the cap to former Rocket who gave it a shot and got dealt a bad hand.
I’m gonna make obligatory post of...not all Jackson parents behave that way and the majority do not, but yes they are among us.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Does he teach at the school? Does somebody within want the job?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bozo wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:13 pm Does he teach at the school? Does somebody within want the job?
He was not a teacher but a very successful business/construction man

There are a few teacher openings right now and I’d guess a few in house guys will let their interest be known.

My guess will be someone outside the district and nothing to do with the program. Jackson returns basically everyone.

baseballrocks
Riding the Bench

Post by baseballrocks »

What is the reason for the non renewal? Some parents complaining? That is everywhere today. It should have nothing to do with wins or losses as long as the program is improving or stable. To be honest though, to most people wins and losses mean nothing. It is about if their kid plays.

Rumble78
Waterboy

Post by Rumble78 »

Any news on who the new coach is for next year?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

baseballrocks wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:08 pm What is the reason for the non renewal? Some parents complaining? That is everywhere today. It should have nothing to do with wins or losses as long as the program is improving or stable. To be honest though, to most people wins and losses mean nothing. It is about if their kid plays.
Probably like their last good baseball coach they had. Fired because he was taken away from the football team

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:02 pm
baseballrocks wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:08 pm What is the reason for the non renewal? Some parents complaining? That is everywhere today. It should have nothing to do with wins or losses as long as the program is improving or stable. To be honest though, to most people wins and losses mean nothing. It is about if their kid plays.
Probably like their last good baseball coach they had. Fired because he was taken away from the football team
???

Ironmen444
Waterboy

Post by Ironmen444 »

The Superintendent and the board of education at JHS are possibly the worst around. In talking to some of the players, Graham was a great guy and a great coach, and always treated the team with respect. The firing of Graham shows how corrupt our school board and Phil Howard are. They also scared off assistant coach Matt Rosler who always brought the energy to the players and was a perfect fit for the less handed Ironmen. I am also extremely dissatisfied with the way Phil Kuhn is treated from a coaching point. I’ve met so many baseball coaches but coach Kuhn knows more than anybody I’ve ever witnessed, he could be a legit college coach. This was the best possible coaching staff for the Ironmen and they were all scared off or fired. (Board REFUSES to hire Kuhn) to coach anymore. And to the parents complaining, this is not little league anymore. If your kid is not good, he should not play, end of discussion. This is a very soft world that we live in. So, to Pat Stevens, Phil Howard and the BOE shame to you. You jus fired the best coaches you could possibly have.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Ironmen444 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:42 pm The Superintendent and the board of education at JHS are possibly the worst around. In talking to some of the players, Graham was a great guy and a great coach, and always treated the team with respect. The firing of Graham shows how corrupt our school board and Phil Howard are. They also scared off assistant coach Matt Rosler who always brought the energy to the players and was a perfect fit for the less handed Ironmen. I am also extremely dissatisfied with the way Phil Kuhn is treated from a coaching point. I’ve met so many baseball coaches but coach Kuhn knows more than anybody I’ve ever witnessed, he could be a legit college coach. This was the best possible coaching staff for the Ironmen and they were all scared off or fired. (Board REFUSES to hire Kuhn) to coach anymore. And to the parents complaining, this is not little league anymore. If your kid is not good, he should not play, end of discussion. This is a very soft world that we live in. So, to Pat Stevens, Phil Howard and the BOE shame to you. You jus fired the best coaches you could possibly have.
I knew of Coach Kuhn in college. Good baseball guy. I dont know of these details and my Jackson contacts are more football and basketball related.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Josh McGraw back at the helm

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:49 pm Josh McGraw back at the helm
Is that confirmed or rumor? I possibly thought that when I seen the Jackson job open.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:57 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:49 pm Josh McGraw back at the helm
Is that confirmed or rumor? I possibly thought that when I seen the Jackson job open.
Hired at board meeting last night

Return to “Baseball”