5/9 scores and updates

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Re: 5/9 scores and updates

Post by BurgBaskets »

No, I think I know what he means. Burgs 1 and 2 did not pitch so that's why they scored 3 runs.

goburg696
Waterboy

Post by goburg696 »

BurgBaskets wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:50 am No, I think I know what he means. Burgs 1 and 2 did not pitch so that's why they scored 3 runs.
Why didn’t we score 4?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Waboplay wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:45 am So that’s why you only scored 2 runs ?
I figured after playing waverly the night before on that high for the SOC championship game only to be called in bottom of 8th up 13-10 with 2 outs that they would come out flat and how it sounds they did. Not taking anything away from coach Barr and his Adena team that’s tough and plays up in scheduling. I called this after I found out they were playing this game! Wasn’t at game so what happen and why was it only 6 innings? Thanks

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I think rain and darkness.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Why can’t anyone come on here and just say “we got beat” without making all the comments about “throwing off” and garbage like that? “Throwing off” is an insult to the KID that threw. Baseball isn’t like other sports. The BEST team doesn’t always win. Just accept your defeat and move on. The ones that really make me SMH are the ones that you say your top pitcher didn’t throw, but you only scored 1 or 2 runs. So you are assuming that you WOULD have won 1-0 or 2-1 if you threw your best. That’s a bold statement Cotton

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Mic drop.

Waboplay
Riding the Bench

Post by Waboplay »

Well.. 1 and 2 pitched the night before and gave up 10 runs....That’s a lot runs from your number 1 and 2.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Rosscoresident wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:14 am Why can’t anyone come on here and just say “we got beat” without making all the comments about “throwing off” and garbage like that? “Throwing off” is an insult to the KID that threw. Baseball isn’t like other sports. The BEST team doesn’t always win. Just accept your defeat and move on. The ones that really make me SMH are the ones that you say your top pitcher didn’t throw, but you only scored 1 or 2 runs. So you are assuming that you WOULD have won 1-0 or 2-1 if you threw your best. That’s a bold statement Cotton
Well said !

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:06 pm
Rosscoresident wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:14 am Why can’t anyone come on here and just say “we got beat” without making all the comments about “throwing off” and garbage like that? “Throwing off” is an insult to the KID that threw. Baseball isn’t like other sports. The BEST team doesn’t always win. Just accept your defeat and move on. The ones that really make me SMH are the ones that you say your top pitcher didn’t throw, but you only scored 1 or 2 runs. So you are assuming that you WOULD have won 1-0 or 2-1 if you threw your best. That’s a bold statement Cotton
Well said !
If you win 90 games in MLB it’s considered a great season , which means you lost 72.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

No, our pitchers didn't make us only score 2 runs, but its why we let up three.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:23 pm
So, I hope you confronted last night’s pitchers and explained it to them how it was all their fault that they gave up too many runs to an obviously inferior team? Did you? What I saw was 2 quality teams play a well-played game where all pitchers threw well and both teams made some really nice defensive plays. Adena just happened to get the timely hits this time around.

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Rosscoresident wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:40 pm
So, I hope you confronted last night’s pitchers and explained it to them how it was all their fault that they gave up too many runs to an obviously inferior team? Did you? What I saw was 2 quality teams play a well-played game where all pitchers threw well and both teams made some really nice defensive plays. Adena just happened to get the timely hits this time around.
DUDE DO YOU WORK FOR A LIVING? ANY GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT IN YOUR FUTURE? YOU SIT HERE AND BASH BURG ALL DAY AND NIGHT...GOOD FOR YOU

FYI- WAVERLY CANCELLED AGAIN....INFERIOR BURG HAS TO WAIT AGAIN

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Where exactly did I bash Burg? I gave them credit. I’m bashing the “fans” maybe, but not the kids on your team that you all continue to bash by telling them that they aren’t good enough.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BurgBaskets wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:49 pm

DUDE DO YOU WORK FOR A LIVING? ANY GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT IN YOUR FUTURE? YOU SIT HERE AND BASH BURG ALL DAY AND NIGHT...GOOD FOR YOU

All caps.....look out.....desperation is setting in and people are getting mad over there in wonderland

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:11 pm
BurgBaskets wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:49 pm

All caps.....look out.....desperation is setting in and people are getting mad over there in wonderland
Not hardly.
Last edited by BurgBaskets on Fri May 10, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

So, apparently, asking people to please stop telling the number “3 and 4” pitchers that they weren’t good enough is bashing a community? The kids looked pretty capable to me, as did the entire team and coaching staff. There were no incidents of taunting or anything else as many people down that way accuse Burg of doing. It was a pleasant game. I’m happy that the team I was pulling for came out on top last night. It could easily be different on another day. Gotta go now. Get back to work at my job. Have a nice day

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

I attended last nights Adena-Burg game. Seemed to be a very pleasant game with both Coaching staffs very supportive of both squads. Competitive, close game. I didn't like the rain though. I think Adena and Burg will have good playoffs runs.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Because it's Wheelersburg. They have never actually lost in any sport. They constantly have a reason that's not their fault.
I have a ton of respect for the student Athletes and coaches at Burg. They are successful in many sports because of hard work and dedication.
A lot of the burg fans on in site and some of the ones I've met who are not part of this site always act like they can't possibly lose a Game because the other team might have been better that day. I guess that is what happens when you get spoiled by winning a lot though.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Why do these scores and updates always go away from the topic?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

noreply66 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:24 am Why do these scores and updates always go away from the topic?
You new here? lol

Return to “Baseball”