D3 tournament

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

D3 tournament

Post by Rosscoresident »

Not a single word about the biggest tournament in Southeast District baseball. SMH

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Re: No love for the D3 tournament?

Post by ShoeHorn »

I say Minford over Adena on one side and Westfall over Wheelersburg on the other.

baseballrocks
Riding the Bench

Post by baseballrocks »

Minford and Westfall are the two best teams in the D3 District. Westfall was D2 last year and one boy under this year.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

baseballrocks wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:35 pm Minford and Westfall are the two best teams in the D3 District. Westfall was D2 last year and one boy under this year.
Don’t let win/loss records fool you. I would debate with anyone that Adena played the toughest schedule in the southeast district. Split with Westfall, Zane Trace, Unioto, lost to D1 Lebanon, Pickerington Central, D2 Hillsboro ,Circleville, Minford x2 and 4th seeded PV. Wins over ZT, Westfall, Unioto, Jackson, PV and the rest of the competitive SVC. Also over WCH, Fairfield and Logan Elm. It would be an upset for them to beat Minford in the district final, but I wouldn’t call any other team “better” than Adena

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Probably Wheelersburg vs Minford

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Adena is capable as long as they field the ball.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

25th Street NW wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:49 pm Adena is capable as long as they field the ball.
True story. Been much better in last couple games

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Westfall had a big win tonight over #3 ranked in D3 West Jefferson.
3-0

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Rosscoresident wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:59 pm
baseballrocks wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:35 pm Minford and Westfall are the two best teams in the D3 District. Westfall was D2 last year and one boy under this year.
Don’t let win/loss records fool you. I would debate with anyone that Adena played the toughest schedule in the southeast district. Split with Westfall, Zane Trace, Unioto, lost to D1 Lebanon, Pickerington Central, D2 Hillsboro ,Circleville, Minford x2 and 4th seeded PV. Wins over ZT, Westfall, Unioto, Jackson, PV and the rest of the competitive SVC. Also over WCH, Fairfield and Logan Elm. It would be an upset for them to beat Minford in the district final, but I wouldn’t call any other team “better” than Adena

Found this on another topic:
Shall we check in on the 4 teams who have beat Wheelersburg this year? OK-

* Fort Loramie (last years state champs) current record 17-0
* Minford (last year Final 4) current record 20-1
* Johnson Central (KY) (#11 current in KY) current record 23-2
* Hilliard Darby (Division 1) current record 10-6
Combined record 70-9. 3 Teams outside of Burgs division.... The team in Burg's division (Minford) have split with Burg this year. Predicting we will see them play each other again in Regionals.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

14U wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:37 am

Combined record 70-9. 3 Teams outside of Burgs division.... The team in Burg's division (Minford) have split with Burg this year. Predicting we will see them play each other again in Regionals.
You can add another loss from this week when Zane Trace beat them with a no-hitter. Wheelersburg is a tremendous program, no doubt about it. Hopefully they will get to play Adena this evening as a matter of fact, but there is no way that the schedule they played this year even compares to the schedule Adena played.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Rosscoresident wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:55 am
14U wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:37 am

You can add another loss from this week when Zane Trace beat them with a no-hitter. Wheelersburg is a tremendous program, no doubt about it. Hopefully they will get to play Adena this evening as a matter of fact, but there is no way that the schedule they played this year even compares to the schedule Adena played.
Just looked at weather and calling for rain this evening

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

To be clear, I am not saying that Adena is or isn’t better than any team. I am simply stating that the schedule they played this year was arguably tougher than any team in southeast Ohio. Apparently, the coaches voting for seeding didn’t pay much attention to that, given the fact that a team that finished 5 games behind them in the SVC got the 4 seed and Adena got the 6! Lol!!!

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Rosscoresident wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:21 pm To be clear, I am not saying that Adena is or isn’t better than any team. I am simply stating that the schedule they played this year was arguably tougher than any team in southeast Ohio. Apparently, the coaches voting for seeding didn’t pay much attention to that, given the fact that a team that finished 5 games behind them in the SVC got the 4 seed and Adena got the 6! Lol!!!
Paint Valley beat them the first time and the 2nd game was after the bios were turned in online.

Go fight another kid again instead of having no clue what you’re talking about on here tough guy.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Rosscoresident wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:49 pm Not a single word about the biggest tournament in Southeast District baseball. SMH
You could make a case the D2 tournament is going to be pretty good as well. There are about 6 or 7 teams that could win the district - and given the fact it will only have ONE champion - makes it very intriguing.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

HamPorter wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:28 pm
Rosscoresident wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:21 pm To be clear, I am not saying that Adena is or isn’t better than any team. I am simply stating that the schedule they played this year was arguably tougher than any team in southeast Ohio. Apparently, the coaches voting for seeding didn’t pay much attention to that, given the fact that a team that finished 5 games behind them in the SVC got the 4 seed and Adena got the 6! Lol!!!
Paint Valley beat them the first time and the 2nd game was after the bios were turned in online.

Go fight another kid again instead of having no clue what you’re talking about on here tough guy.
Actually, Adena beat PV on Tuesday April 30. The bios were turned in the next day. As to the fighting a kid comment, I have no idea what you are talking about? Adena was 10-4 in the SVC. PV was 5-9. As of midnight on May 1, Adena was 9-4 in league play and PV was 4-9. I am a stickler for the facts. I am not trying to disparage PV, because I think they are a good team, with some REALLY good hitters. I am simply pointing out that coaches, obviously don’t pay enough attention to overall strength of Schedule. So, while PV was playing their schedule , Adena was playing D1 Lebanon, Pickerington Central and Minford twice, but hey, I’m clueless about such things.

As for the “tough guy “ comments and the fighting another kid...well that is completely uncalled for and way off base. If you are referring to the Piketon incident from last season, I wasn’t even there. I have seen every Adena game this season though, and I can report that there hasn’t been a single iota of any kind of foul play by either team in any game.
Last edited by Rosscoresident on Fri May 10, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: D3 tournament

Post by Bleeding Red »

It will be interesting to see what happens a little deeper in the tournament when teams cant throw their 1 and 2 pitchers every game. I give Minford a clear advantage on pitching depth as that is why they have only one loss (to Burg).

Lack of depth has caught up with a few teams, including Burg recently with several losses. Granted it will be deeper in the tournament when this shows up.

My top 4 would be:

1.) Minford
2.) Westfall
3.) Adena
4.) Burg

All teams can hit the ball and manufacture runs but I would list them like this based on pitching and depth. Even though I see Minford as the favorite, I would probably give the SVC a slight edge over the SOC II this year from top to bottom overall performance.

SVC and SOC II are generally the best baseball leagues in the southern Ohio area on a yearly basis, thats for sure.

Adena, ZT and Unioto are normally all very good. Burg, Minford, Valley and West are also normally very good with Burg having tremendous success over the past 8 years and Minford making it to the state tournament last year.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

That’s a well stated post, IMO, bleeding red. I don’t completely agree with your order, but it is well stated and has merit based on facts. This forum could use a lot more of that

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

baseball d3 19-1.jpg

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BennyTheJet
Waterboy

Post by BennyTheJet »

River Valley 1
Fairland 5

Dragons advance to sectional final against Crooksville at home on Saturday.

Cbbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Cbbuckeye »

RH wins 2-1 over Nelsonville York WP Hankins LP Robson.
RH plays Alexander Sat @11:00 @RH

Return to “Baseball”