Despite the unthinkable, Adena senior Ethan Kunkel following in his brother’s footsteps, finding success

mattash
Site Admin

Despite the unthinkable, Adena senior Ethan Kunkel following in his brother’s footsteps, finding success

Post by mattash »

April 18, 2019 - Features

Derrick Webb, Staff Writer
God, protect me and my team. Give Eli strength through me. Give me the qualities that he had. Let me play for him tonight.

Before every game this season, Adena senior Ethan Kunkel has said that prayer.

And, after “Amen,” Ethan proceeds to take his cleats’ spikes — two shoes that read “For you Eli” — and draws the number 18 in the dirt with his brother’s name just beside it. When he trades his glove for his bat, his helmet is inscripted with black marker that reads, “For you brother.”

http://www.sohiosa.com/2019/04/18/despi ... g-success/

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Despite the unthinkable, Adena senior Ethan Kunkel following in his brother’s footsteps, finding success

Post by danicalifornia »

Heartbreaking for the family. Eli was an outstanding player and so is Ethan. I don’t know the family personally, but they both compete the right way and have been a pleasure to coach against.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Despite the unthinkable, Adena senior Ethan Kunkel following in his brother’s footsteps, finding success

Post by mattash »

Tear jerker

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Baseball”