2019 Wheelersburg Baseball

PirateBB
Freshman Team

2019 Wheelersburg Baseball

Post by PirateBB »

Wheelersburg Baseball improves to 5-2 on the season after their 5-4 win over West last evening. West has a great team, was undefeated coming into the Wheelersburg Series, and sure to be a factor in the upcoming SOC race.

Wheelersburg's 2 losses have been to Hilliard Darby (Division 1 power- game at the VA, who is now 4-2 in Division 1 after just beating Hilliard Davidson by a score of 11-4) and the other loss to Fort Loramie (2018 D4 State Champion- game at the VA, who is now 4-0 after just beating Marian by a score of 4-0.) Both of the losses, Wheelersburg was there at the end of the game and one hit from taking the lead and winning both those games. Wheelersburg has several more games this year with top teams from KY (such as Johnson Central 6-1 record) and WV (such as Huntington St. Joe 6-2 record) to prepare them for the upcoming tournament play.

Wheelersburg is 4-0 in SOC II and have won the 4 SOC games by a combined score of 34-5. They also played Ironton and won 11-1. Tonight Burg begins the South Webster Series.

SOC II play gets very good next week! Big games/series coming up with Minford and later Waverly! Some great baseball being played in Southern Ohio! After Minford representing Southern Ohio in the State Final 4 last year, looking forward to them or another Southern Ohio Team advancing this year to that level and beyond. GO BURG!!!

Sport Fan
JV Team

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Baseball

Post by Sport Fan »

PirateBB wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:44 am Wheelersburg Baseball improves to 5-2 on the season after their 5-4 win over West last evening. West has a great team, was undefeated coming into the Wheelersburg Series, and sure to be a factor in the upcoming SOC race.

Wheelersburg's 2 losses have been to Hilliard Darby (Division 1 power- game at the VA, who is now 4-2 in Division 1 after just beating Hilliard Davidson by a score of 11-4) and the other loss to Fort Loramie (2018 D4 State Champion- game at the VA, who is now 4-0 after just beating Marian by a score of 4-0.) Both of the losses, Wheelersburg was there at the end of the game and one hit from taking the lead and winning both those games. Wheelersburg has several more games this year with top teams from KY (such as Johnson Central 6-1 record) and WV (such as Huntington St. Joe 6-2 record) to prepare them for the upcoming tournament play.

Wheelersburg is 4-0 in SOC II and have won the 4 SOC games by a combined score of 34-5. They also played Ironton and won 11-1. Tonight Burg begins the South Webster Series.

SOC II play gets very good next week! Big games/series coming up with Minford and later Waverly! Some great baseball being played in Southern Ohio! After Minford representing Southern Ohio in the State Final 4 last year, looking forward to them or another Southern Ohio Team advancing this year to that level and beyond. GO BURG!!!
Burg at home or away tonight ?

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Burg plays Webster at 5 PM at HOME tonight.

GO BURG!!!

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Rough game for Burg tonight. Had to score 3 in bottom of 7th to defeat south webster 5-4

Hopefully a wake up call for this Burg team

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BurgBaskets wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:03 pm Rough game for Burg tonight. Had to score 3 in bottom of 7th to defeat south webster 5-4

Hopefully a wake up call for this Burg team
Nah. Baseball is a funny sport. The other team might be seeing the ball or the ball gets hit right to the other team. Good teams find ways to win these types of games. There will be more close games.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

There is a big difference in the quality of baseball at Wheelersburg between this year and years past.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:13 pm There is a big difference in the quality of baseball at Wheelersburg between this year and years past.
I haven’t been able to make it to a game yet this year. What differences are you seeing?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:15 pm
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:13 pm There is a big difference in the quality of baseball at Wheelersburg between this year and years past.
I haven’t been able to make it to a game yet this year. What differences are you seeing?
Yes I’m curious as well. As burg is currently at 7-2 losing only to two D1 teams and played both teams close.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:51 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:15 pm
Yes I’m curious as well. As burg is currently at 7-2 losing only to two D1 teams and played both teams close.
I guess I’m not seeing it either. One of the two losses was against 2018 State Champions Fort Loramie. Burg was one hit at the end of that game from winning it

Since the Burg game the Fort Loramie scores have been wins of 12-0, 10-0 and 4-0. They are expected to repeat as State Champions

Hilliard Darby keeps winning against D1 schools too after Burg was one hit away from winning that game.

Burg is now 7-2, first place 6-0 in SOC, and have had great 1 run wins this week, including a nice comeback victory last night. These experiences are what you need come tournament time.

I see a team that can win the State. Just saying. Big week for Burg next week!

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

From what I saw last night, some kid was calling on PA speaker and team seem to be a little weak. That Webster team had good players and burg about lost. First time I’ve seen a baseball game though

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

No need to freak out in the burg. If any of you were actually at some of these games you’d realize that they are just fine. Baseball is good in our area if some of you need reminded. The SOC is a good conference and there’s plenty of talent, so there will be close games. South Webster played very good baseball the other night and pretty much outplayed us... but we found a way to win at the end. That’s what good teams do. Baseball is a game of inches.... and then tonight we handled our business in much easier fashion... Teams need tough games to get better.

JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

We play good last nite. We get in better and will be game next time.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I have had the opportunity to watch Wheelersburg in person. And I was not talking about the “Quality of Talent”. It looked like Wheelersburg still has very good baseball players.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Burg is Burg...they'll be fine, with a top notch coaching staff and a lineup of players who know what it is to play on a big stage and what it takes to win! Like I said, Burg is Burg!

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Post by orangeandblack98 »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:39 am Burg is Burg...they'll be fine, with a top notch coaching staff and a lineup of players who know what it is to play on a big stage and what it takes to win! Like I said, Burg is Burg!
you are right. the sw game was just one of those game where nothing was working that day. you have that in baseball. but found a way to win that what the burg does.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

As I stated in an earlier post “There is a big difference in the quality of baseball at Wheelersburg this year as compared to past years”.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:34 am As I stated in an earlier post “There is a big difference in the quality of baseball at Wheelersburg this year as compared to past years”.

And ?

Still a very good product, minford is just better right now

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I never understood the logic of a lot of posters on here that will basically say their team sucks to downplay the success of other schools. Minford is the top team in the area

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Minford is a great team, 11-0 so far this year, and have played some really good teams this year. Last night, Burg had more hits than Minford in the game, and had the tying run at second when the final out was made. The 3 losses that Burg has had this year were to a Division 1 Team, the reigning State Champions in DIV and the 11-0 Falcons. Burg has a few great hitters but the hits didn't come when they needed to last night.

Season is still young. SOC is halfway thru and Burg plays Minford again. Each team is yet to play Waverly and Minford has West to play. Lots of things can still happen and the Burg Baseball season is not a disaster as some are already indicating.

GO BURG!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:34 am As I stated in an earlier post “There is a big difference in the quality of baseball at Wheelersburg this year as compared to past years”.
Which is easy to say after a 5-3 away loss to the current best team in the area. Let it play out

Return to “Baseball”