4/3 Scores & Updates

Ed Ott
Varsity

Re: 4/3 Scores & Updates

Post by Ed Ott »

Beleedat wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:29 pm
BBscout18-19 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:34 pm No question they are in a rough situation with pitching. B. Graham couldn’t even throw infield ground balls before the inning started last night against Alexander. Tough situation; guessing a JV player will have to throw tomorrow night against Wellston..
I guess the big question is why would you throw your ace on Monday in a non league game with FAC games Wednesday and Friday.
And the 2 kids that pitched tonight both threw 80-90 pitches Saturday. 3 days rest??? Can’t imagine why it didn’t work out. Threw a 15 yr old freshman on 3 days rest??
Not out of pitching, just using them wrong.
They were done Saturday by about 1:00.by time they pitched today they had over 4 days of rest (hour wise)

What’s his age matter? That Bragg kid has played a lot in Chillicothe and was throwing that pitch count and rest in 7th grade.
Last edited by Ed Ott on Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beleedat
Waterboy

Post by Beleedat »

Ed Ott wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:10 pm
BBscout18-19 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:34 pm No question they are in a rough situation with pitching. B. Graham couldn’t even throw infield ground balls before the inning started last night against Alexander. Tough situation; guessing a JV player will have to throw tomorrow night against Wellston..
I guess the big question is why would you throw your ace on Monday in a non league game with FAC games Wednesday and Friday.
And the 2 kids that pitched tonight both threw 80-90 pitches Saturday. 3 days rest??? Can’t imagine why it didn’t work out. Threw a 15 yr old freshman on 3 days rest??
They were done Saturday by about 1:00...by time they pitched today they had over 4 days of rest (hour wise)

What’s his age matter? That Bragg kid has played a lot in Chillicothe and was throwing that pitch count and rest in 7th grade.
1. You can’t start the clock on arm rest as they’re walking off the mound from last pitch. That makes zero sense.
2. Jackson didn’t finish a doubleheader by 1:00.
3. Absolutely age makes a difference in how much a kid should pitch. Too bright of a future ahead of that kid.
4. My comment was about 3 pitchers. You mentioned 1
Last edited by Beleedat on Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Chillicothe - Miami Trace
Chesapeake - Ironton
Gallia Academy(2)-(0)South Point
Washington C.H. - Hillsboro
Wellston(8)-(1)Federal Hocking

Valley(6)-(12)Minford
McClain(10)-(7)Jackson
Nelsonville-York - River Valley
Amanda-Clearcreek - Logan Elm
South Webster - Northwest

Westfall - Huntington
Paint Valley(2)-(3)Unioto
Alexander - home
Circleville - Bloom Carroll
Fairland(8)-(6)Rock Hill

Symmes Valley - Notre Dame
Portsmouth West(4)-(5)Wheelersburg
Adena(2)-(5)Zane Trace
Marietta(8)-(5)New Richmond
Coal Grove(9)-(8)Portsmouth

Waverly - Oak Hill
Meigs(5)-(18)Athens
Fairfield - Clinton Massie
Fairfield Union - Hamilton Township
Vinton County - Alexander

Southeastern - Piketon

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

What I have and what I'm missing

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:49 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:58 pm Athens 18
Meigs 4
Final 5 innings
Wow! Athens must've brought the sticks!
Athens offense is a machine

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mattash wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:05 pm Chillicothe - Miami Trace
Chesapeake - Ironton
Gallia Academy(2)-(0)South Point
Washington C.H. - Hillsboro
Wellston(8)-(1)Federal Hocking

Valley(6)-(12)Minford
McClain(10)-(7)Jackson
Nelsonville-York - River Valley
Amanda-Clearcreek - Logan Elm
South Webster - Northwest

Westfall - Huntington
Paint Valley(2)-(3)Unioto
Alexander - home
Circleville - Bloom Carroll
Fairland(8)-(6)Rock Hill

Symmes Valley - Notre Dame
Portsmouth West(4)-(5)Wheelersburg
Adena(2)-(5)Zane Trace
Marietta(8)-(5)New Richmond
Coal Grove(9)-(8)Portsmouth

Waverly - Oak Hill
Meigs(5)-(18)Athens
Fairfield - Clinton Massie
Fairfield Union - Hamilton Township
Vinton County - Alexander

Southeastern - Piketon
Miami Trace 1
Chillicothe 0

Hillsboro 8
Washington 4

Piketon 7
Southeastern 4

Vinton County 7
Alexander 5

Waverly 11
Oak Hill 5

Westfall/Huntington and Bloom Carroll/Circleville both suspended in extra innings

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Beleedat wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:57 pm

They were done Saturday by about 1:00...by time they pitched today they had over 4 days of rest (hour wise)

1. You can’t start the clock on arm rest as they’re walking off the mound from last pitch. That makes zero sense.
3. Absolutely age makes a difference in how much a kid should pitch. Too bright of a future ahead of that kid.
I said nothing about starting a clock. You telling me a kid that got done pitching around 1:00 on Saturday and then pitched at 5:00 on Wednesday didn’t have about 100 hours of rest on their arm?

Maybe they pitched their ace because it was his day to pitch I don’t know. I heard one of their pitchers quit. A lot of factors. 7 games in 7 days there is no easy answer. Hopefully parents are being supportive but probably not. Probably have a handful of rec ball coach dads that could fix everything

League is tough see you guys on the 12th

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:42 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:49 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:58 pm Athens 18
Meigs 4
Final 5 innings
Wow! Athens must've brought the sticks!
Athens offense is a machine
I'll say. Great output for an early season game Wait until they hit their stride.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Ed Ott wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:51 am
Beleedat wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:57 pm

I said nothing about starting a clock. You telling me a kid that got done pitching around 1:00 on Saturday and then pitched at 5:00 on Wednesday didn’t have about 100 hours of rest on their arm?

Maybe they pitched their ace because it was his day to pitch I don’t know. I heard one of their pitchers quit. A lot of factors. 7 games in 7 days there is no easy answer. Hopefully parents are being supportive but probably not. Probably have a handful of rec ball coach dads that could fix everything

League is tough see you guys on the 12th
Dad (obviously to one of the 3 pitchers) with 2 posts creates account to second guess a coach.

Nothing to see here, happens all the time, everyone move along. Not sure about the 3 days math either but whatever. Schedules and rainouts for Spring Baseball often times lead to 5+games in a 6-7 day stretch.

J15A
Waterboy

Post by J15A »

ND 19 SV 5

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

You pitch your ace on M/F to try to get 2 wins and you’d like to think that you could beat McClain. It’s the smart way to go about it.

Return to “Baseball”