SE Ohio College Baseball Players

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

SE Ohio College Baseball Players

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Who from South East Ohio will be moving into college this fall to play baseball for their university?

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Re: SE Ohio College Baseball Players

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

Here are some, probably not an exhaustive list. Feel free to add to it.

Shane Spriggs (Oak Hill) to NCAA DIII Marietta College
Brandon Schamp (Marietta) to NJCAA Potomac State College
Isaac Danford (Marietta) to NCAA DIII Marietta College
Brandon Neville (Marietta) to NCAA DIII Marietta College
Turner Hill (Marietta) to NCAA DII Malone University
Brock Stewart (Athens) to NCAA DII Alderson Broaddus University
Waylon Bradbury (Athens) to NJCAA Clark State Community College
Chace Harris (Alexander) to NCAA DI Ohio University
Colin Clark (Logan Elm) to NCAA DI Youngstown State
Noah Henry (Wellston) to NAIA Ohio Christian University
Chase Whitlatch (Meigs) to NAIA University of Rio Grande

Fred Flintstone
Riding the Bench

Post by Fred Flintstone »

Jeremy Brooks (Zane Trace) Mount Vernon Nazarene
NAIA

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

Chase Weihl (Warren) to NJCAA Potomac State College
Bryce Gandee (Warren) to NCAA DIII Marietta College
Trace Congleton (Warren) to NCAA DII Ohio Valley University
Clay Hayes (Waterford) to NCAA DIII Marietta College
Isaac Huffman (Waterford) to NCAA DIII Marietta College

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

Nice list so far. Bet there are more. Keep posting.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Logan Kottenbrook (Waverly) to Mount Vernon Nazarene

Jackie Moon
Riding the Bench

Post by Jackie Moon »

Drew Lowe (East) to NCAA DIII Transylvania University

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Great list.
I am aware Coal Grove Dawson Bryant had Daniel Rutherford sign with West Virginia State University and Chase McKnight with Rio Grande University.
I believe South Point and Ironton both had one person sign with the NEW baseball program at Kentucky Christian University.

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

Dane Wilson- Ironton-Ky Christian
Logan Wade- South Point- Ky Christian

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Looks players get, where they go, and offers they get have a direct relationship with their HS coach getting the information on their players to the college coaches. One thing Minford's new coach has to learn.....a lot to learn.

mttatiger14
Waterboy

Post by mttatiger14 »

I heard that Sano didn't even show up to OU's walk on tryouts... is this true?!

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

This is related to the topic, but my question is we always post the kids that sign and rightfully so, they have earned it. However, I would like to know the kids from the area that have signed and actually finished a college career. In my opinion, it doesn't matter if its D1 or NAIA. To complete a 4 or 5 year career is an accomplishment that is worth noting.

Anyone have kids who signed and finished? Maybe even some accomplishments (individual or team)?

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

The Zane Trace Baseball website says that they have had 9 four year letterman at a NCAA or NAIA school since 2006.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

nice post, I enjoyed the list and comments, love seeing locals getting oppurtunities

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:26 am This is related to the topic, but my question is we always post the kids that sign and rightfully so, they have earned it. However, I would like to know the kids from the area that have signed and actually finished a college career. In my opinion, it doesn't matter if its D1 or NAIA. To complete a 4 or 5 year career is an accomplishment that is worth noting.

Anyone have kids who signed and finished? Maybe even some accomplishments (individual or team)?
Great question as it is common for many to get excited by the offer but once they get at the school things change.
I am sure i may have missed something but from a Coal Grove perspective i can recall Wayne Sparks pitching at Alice Lloyd for 4-5 years between 2011-2015. Then a large gap to Mike Johnson pitching 4 years at Marshall in the early 90's and Fred Conley at Ohio State in the 80's.

BaseballGuy
Waterboy

Post by BaseballGuy »

minford17 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:25 pm Looks players get, where they go, and offers they get have a direct relationship with their HS coach getting the information on their players to the college coaches. One thing Minford's new coach has to learn.....a lot to learn.
I would imagine that Minford's new coach understands the process. Was there a particular player or players that wanted to play college baseball but the coach did not attempt to help them? Was the coach ever approached about assisting a particular player? It is as much the parents/players responsibility inform the coach of their interest to play college sports as it is the coach to try and promote a player. There is also a lot of variables that come into play like, what type of program are they interested in, how far away are they willing to go, what type of degrees do the schools offer and do they fit with the players career path. Again, it must be a joint effort between the player/parents and the coach to determine which schools/programs to target and are a good fit for the desired major and baseball skill level.

I have been though the process and would never expect a coach to do this for my child without making it a joint effort.

Watson40
Waterboy

Post by Watson40 »

Hunter Whalen- wellston- Wilmington
Hunter Dobbs- NY- OCU

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Fonzie wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:26 am This is related to the topic, but my question is we always post the kids that sign and rightfully so, they have earned it. However, I would like to know the kids from the area that have signed and actually finished a college career. In my opinion, it doesn't matter if its D1 or NAIA. To complete a 4 or 5 year career is an accomplishment that is worth noting.

Austin Hall- Burg catcher 2012-signed University of Dayton. Played 4 years of college baseball Graduated at Shawnee State University.

Anthony Knittel- PWHS- 4 years of college baseball graduated from SSU

Hopper played at Marietta I think 4 years- graduated

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

BaseballGuy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:41 am
minford17 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:25 pm Looks players get, where they go, and offers they get have a direct relationship with their HS coach getting the information on their players to the college coaches. One thing Minford's new coach has to learn.....a lot to learn.
I would imagine that Minford's new coach understands the process. Was there a particular player or players that wanted to play college baseball but the coach did not attempt to help them? Was the coach ever approached about assisting a particular player? It is as much the parents/players responsibility inform the coach of their interest to play college sports as it is the coach to try and promote a player. There is also a lot of variables that come into play like, what type of program are they interested in, how far away are they willing to go, what type of degrees do the schools offer and do they fit with the players career path. Again, it must be a joint effort between the player/parents and the coach to determine which schools/programs to target and are a good fit for the desired major and baseball skill level.

I have been though the process and would never expect a coach to do this for my child without making it a joint effort.
Coach Martin former coach at Minford, will tell you there is a college for every young man that wants to play college baseball. Have to look for it and sell your self on what and where you want to go.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Burgball#1 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:43 pm
BaseballGuy wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:41 am

Coach Martin former coach at Minford, will tell you there is a college for every young man that wants to play college baseball. Have to look for it and sell your self on what and where you want to go.
I agree with that statement 100%. My point would still be that it can not simply fall on the coaches shoulders. Yes, he has a large part of it, but the player also has a big cut of the process.

Return to “Baseball”