Hey guys a new function to Southeasternohiopreps is the media option in your post. If you want to post something from facebook, twitter, hudl and more just click the little monitor button next to "normal". You have to click full editor when your just replying. Here is a sample of things you can see. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81369

Also if you can help with updating stats, scores, pictures, articles or anything at all on seohiopreps.com please send me a PM or email me at seopstaff@yahoo.com so I can get you started.

2019 OVC

mattash
Site Admin
Posts: 17440
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:20 pm

2019 OVC

Post by mattash » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:47 am

Please post
  • Outlooks
  • Predictions
  • Schedules & Results
  • POY Predictions
  • Standings



Pa Trojan
JV Team
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 am

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Pa Trojan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:10 pm

thx Mattash !!



User avatar
Fonzie
S
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Fonzie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:32 am

Gallipolis wins the league on the back of Josh Faro.



Hail State
Waterboy
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Hail State » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Fonzie wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:32 am
Gallipolis wins the league on the back of Josh Faro.
Faro? In your dreams! :lol:



User avatar
Fonzie
S
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Fonzie » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:25 am

Hail State wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:17 pm
Fonzie wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:32 am
Gallipolis wins the league on the back of Josh Faro.
Faro? In your dreams! :lol:

Faro is probably the most dominant pitcher in the area. Definitely the most dominant pitcher in the OVC. Really there is no contest. He will give his team a chance to win, every time he is on the mound. It will be up to the other 8 or 9 guys in the lineup to determine the outcome of the games by scoring some runs. I believe GA will win the league, Faro will be Pitcher of the year, and Coach Justin Bailey will be coach of the year. If I am wrong come May, I will own up to it. But I feel very strongly about my opinion. But hey, thats why they play the games.



captainmorgan_
Freshman Team
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by captainmorgan_ » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:16 am

I agree. Josh Faro will be the best pitcher in the OVC and like said above probably one of the best in the district. Will Gallias offense be good enough?



Beergogglebluez
Varsity
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:02 pm

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Beergogglebluez » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Portsmouth will improve. Need pitching pretty bad but they started playing well at the end of last season.



Hail State
Waterboy
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Hail State » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 am

Fonzie wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:25 am
Hail State wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:17 pm
Fonzie wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:32 am
Gallipolis wins the league on the back of Josh Faro.
Faro? In your dreams! :lol:

Faro is probably the most dominant pitcher in the area. Definitely the most dominant pitcher in the OVC. Really there is no contest. He will give his team a chance to win, every time he is on the mound. It will be up to the other 8 or 9 guys in the lineup to determine the outcome of the games by scoring some runs. I believe GA will win the league, Faro will be Pitcher of the year, and Coach Justin Bailey will be coach of the year. If I am wrong come May, I will own up to it. But I feel very strongly about my opinion. But hey, thats why they play the games.
funny crap right here! :lol:



User avatar
Fonzie
S
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Fonzie » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:22 pm

I think Faro has his first hater. Must mean he's doing pretty good.



User avatar
Fonzie
S
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Fonzie » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:57 pm

You guys crack me up. I know trolls when I see them. Ya'll have a nice day.



User avatar
Fonzie
S
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Fonzie » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:59 pm

captainmorgan_ wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:16 am
I agree. Josh Faro will be the best pitcher in the OVC and like said above probably one of the best in the district. Will Gallias offense be good enough?
Gallia's offense in my opinion will be average at best. I wouldn't mind them proving me wrong. But with a new coach, I think some of it will be determined by how he coaches.



Championship07
Riding the Bench
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:37 am

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Championship07 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:36 am

Gallia- I agree with several posters in that Faro is the top OVC pitcher and probably tops in the southeast district. That being said I think they win 2-0; 3-1 with him on the mound and lose 10-3 with him not on the mound. Their offense wasn't great last year and losing a couple to graduation doesn't help matters.

Rock Hill- I believe RH returns the most talented roster in OVC. Their big question mark is can they replace Lewis on the mound. They can hit with anyone but it will be up to Smith, Hankins and Blankenship to get guys out.

Ironton- should bolster a decent lineup but I don't see them lining up a whole lot of pitching. My guess is Salyers will be their Ace which leaves their Fielding suspect at best.

South Point- Pointers lose a good chunk of guys off the district finals run. Including their top 2 pitchers. They do return a solid core however. Top of their lineup will hit and Blackwell will be in the discussion with Faro as the top pitcher in the league but they'll have to find some pitching behind him.

Coal Grove- CG for the 2nd straight year lose a good deal to graduation. Harmon and Matney will have to play really well for them to challenge for OVC.

Fairland- look for the dragons to improve a great deal under new head man Michael Hill. They return a majority of their guys with a decent group coming up. Sowards is an all district caliber player and they have quite a few athletes around him.

Chesapeake- one key for Peake is Browning playing or not. He's a great athlete but do the guys welcome him back after bailing on them last year. Losing Depriest and Hansen also hurts them a good deal. Coach Davis does a solid job getting his guys prepared and creating depth in his roster. I look for them to improve as the season goes on behind Dearth, Eddy and co.

Portsmouth- very young team last year that improved as the season went on. Their pitching is their Achilles heal however and with a league that has notable Ace's they may struggle.

My mid February prediction:
1. Rock Hill 12-2district final appearance
2. Gallia- 10-4 district semis
3. South Point- 9-5 district semis
4. Chesapeake 8-6 sectional finals
5. Fairland- 6-8 sectional finals
6. Ironton 6-8 sectional semis
7. Portsmouth 2-12 sectional semis
8 Coal Grove 1-13 sectional semis



DoDa
Waterboy
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by DoDa » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:32 am

Ironton has added two new players,I was told one is a good pitcher.



Beergogglebluez
Varsity
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:02 pm

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Beergogglebluez » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Portsmouth will be decent. Pitching will make or break the team. Have some kids who hasn’t played in a year or 2 or 3 coming back. I think it’s seniors that wanna stay in shape but can help the team. We need a starting rotation and a few other kids to pitch 1 or 2 innings. 3rd base needs filled. Outfield needs filled. I don’t expect much but I hope I’m wrong.
Last edited by Beergogglebluez on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wanted2k
Waterboy
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Wanted2k » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:04 pm

Agree that Faro will be one of the top pitchers in SEO.

But I think Rock Hill is the top OVC team until proven otherwise. The Redmen are very talented could be an outstanding year.

My surprise OVC team would be Ironton. I thought they had some talented kids last year. Might have underachieved. But that could change this year.



Moses Guthrie
JV Team
Posts: 390
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:11 pm

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Moses Guthrie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:58 pm

The Trojans do have some players out that haven't played in a year or two. If they can find some consistency on the mound it will help. Coach Mcgraw has the program going in the right direction. Good numbers at the JH level as well..
Go Trojans!!



O-H
Waterboy
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:05 pm

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by O-H » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:09 pm

South Point loses a good amount of players from last years great season. Losing the Shaffer kid is gonna hurt them quite a bit. He was a straight competitor



Beergogglebluez
Varsity
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:02 pm

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Beergogglebluez » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:13 pm

Moses Guthrie wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:58 pm
The Trojans do have some players out that haven't played in a year or two. If they can find some consistency on the mound it will help. Coach Mcgraw has the program going in the right direction. Good numbers at the JH level as well..
Go Trojans!!
I’d love to see a jv team or somehow get kids some playing time. Last year a number of kids set all year long. With no jv program kids can’t really get better. Need game time swings and experience. But not sure many schools have numbers for a jv team.



captainmorgan_
Freshman Team
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by captainmorgan_ » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:11 am

Championship07 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:36 am
Gallia- I agree with several posters in that Faro is the top OVC pitcher and probably tops in the southeast district. That being said I think they win 2-0; 3-1 with him on the mound and lose 10-3 with him not on the mound. Their offense wasn't great last year and losing a couple to graduation doesn't help matters.

Rock Hill- I believe RH returns the most talented roster in OVC. Their big question mark is can they replace Lewis on the mound. They can hit with anyone but it will be up to Smith, Hankins and Blankenship to get guys out.

Ironton- should bolster a decent lineup but I don't see them lining up a whole lot of pitching. My guess is Salyers will be their Ace which leaves their Fielding suspect at best.

South Point- Pointers lose a good chunk of guys off the district finals run. Including their top 2 pitchers. They do return a solid core however. Top of their lineup will hit and Blackwell will be in the discussion with Faro as the top pitcher in the league but they'll have to find some pitching behind him.

Coal Grove- CG for the 2nd straight year lose a good deal to graduation. Harmon and Matney will have to play really well for them to challenge for OVC.

Fairland- look for the dragons to improve a great deal under new head man Michael Hill. They return a majority of their guys with a decent group coming up. Sowards is an all district caliber player and they have quite a few athletes around him.

Chesapeake- one key for Peake is Browning playing or not. He's a great athlete but do the guys welcome him back after bailing on them last year. Losing Depriest and Hansen also hurts them a good deal. Coach Davis does a solid job getting his guys prepared and creating depth in his roster. I look for them to improve as the season goes on behind Dearth, Eddy and co.

Portsmouth- very young team last year that improved as the season went on. Their pitching is their Achilles heal however and with a league that has notable Ace's they may struggle.

My mid February prediction:
1. Rock Hill 12-2district final appearance
2. Gallia- 10-4 district semis
3. South Point- 9-5 district semis
4. Chesapeake 8-6 sectional finals
5. Fairland- 6-8 sectional finals
6. Ironton 6-8 sectional semis
7. Portsmouth 2-12 sectional semis
8 Coal Grove 1-13 sectional semis
I agree with your statement about Gallia and Faro. They are going to win a lot of low scoring games with him on the mound. I still expect them to win the OVC



Cbbuckeye
Freshman Team
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Cbbuckeye » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:53 pm

Road to the OVC goes threw RH. They have 7 returning starters with 3 of their top 4 Pitchers back. Faro is probly best pitcher in the league but 1 player doesn’t win the league. JMO



User avatar
Fonzie
S
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Fonzie » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 am

Cbbuckeye wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:53 pm
Road to the OVC goes threw RH. They have 7 returning starters with 3 of their top 4 Pitchers back. Faro is probly best pitcher in the league but 1 player doesn’t win the league. JMO
I agree with you completely.



User avatar
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 24113
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: WAVERLY, OHIO

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:49 am

GOOD LUCK TO THE IRONTON ''FIGHTING'' TIGERS THIS YEAR IN OVC BASEBALL. GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Beergogglebluez
Varsity
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:02 pm

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Beergogglebluez » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:18 pm

Portsmouth off to a 0-2 start. Not in Ovc play and have a lot of work to do. They have clay Saturday at home. We beat them pretty bad last year but if we don’t get it together this game will be close or a loss.



Wanted2k
Waterboy
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Wanted2k » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:51 pm

Got my password fixed so I’ll comment on the Trojans. They got better last year. But losing their top 3 pitchers, (4 counting injury) along with a multiple other starters, is a tough task for any team.
Should know more in coming weeks, but fact is they are very, very young.
But l did see where multiple players that left the program in the past have come back to play this year. But only time will tell their impact. Either way, it’s good to see kids wanting to play.
There’s been definite culture change in the baseball program. Most players putting in work in the offseason. I heard first hand that many player have been in the weight room since Nov. And many lifting in season. That’s something I’ve never seen in the baseball program. Change the culture first and talent will develop. That was and is probably the toughest task.

I watched the game the other night at the VA. I thought the Trojans battled against one of the better teams in SEO. I believe Trace won the FAC (DII) last year. That pitcher was legit. And if not for a few mistakes, Portsmouth is in that game late. I’ve also watched these kids grow up so I figured the avg age of the Trojans lineup. It’s 15.5 yrs old. If you expect wins and miracles, you’re kidding yourself. The program is being rebuilt from the ground up. You can keep posting about results but you’re doing nothing good. Enjoy the small steps



Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 7781
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: 2019 OVC

Post by Raider6309 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:11 pm

Faro is probably the best pitcher in the area. Really impressed he held a loaded Athens team to 1 run. Athens has went on to kill Alexander and Zane Trace scoring 27 runs in both games



Post Reply

Return to “Baseball”