SEOPS

Re: 5/3

Post by Bleeding Red »

MinfordFalcons wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:13 pm Minford 13
South Webster 0

Minford 2018 SOC champs

Ethan Lauder perfect game!!!!
Wow........way to finish it off.

Congrats to Minford on an amazing season so far at 18-1.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Wheelersburg 3
Waverly 2
Final

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak 9
Valley 6

handwash77
Waterboy

Post by handwash77 »

Gallia 7 Portsmouth 0

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I think that is the first SOC title since 1979 for Minford.
I would know because I started second base on that team as a freshman.

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

Oak Hill 8
River Valley 1

Chillifan123
Waterboy

Post by Chillifan123 »

Chillicothe 9
Unioto 4

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Jackson 5 Wellston 4 in 8 Innings at a great well-played game in Wellston.

Jackson forced to play with 8 kids last two innings due to late game knee injury of Senior SS Kendall Neal which followed an early in the game 1st Inning scratch by Senior Josh Blackburn who tweaked something beating out a bunt and was replaced by Gerstenberger. Jackson DH only bench kid left and couldn't enter after Neal went down.

Top of 8th inning one person on and two outs for Jackson, and Wellston could have intentionally walked two batters to load bases and get to the injured players spot in the line-up and force the 3rd out as I understand it.

Wellston didn't do that - they played the game out and pitched to the batter which scored the run with a hit. Total class move by the Rockets to not force the out.

Bottom of the 8th featured Brice Graham brought into close versus Michael Graham who was leading-off the inning at bat, and the elder cousin won that match-up with a double, Rockets managed two more base-runners to load the bases, but Brice got a strike-out to end the inning with bases juiced on a 3-2 count.

Kendall (4 year letterman) is very likely done for the year with what appears to be a serious knee injury but CF Blackburn should be back I think.

Good luck to the Rockets in their tourney next week and kudos to them all around.

BaseballGuy
Waterboy

Post by BaseballGuy »

petesweaty wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:39 pm I think that is the first SOC title since 1979 for Minford.
I would know because I started second base on that team as a freshman.
Yes and the I believe that one was a shared championship. The last outright title was in 1968. 50 years ago.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Yes, 1979 was a co-championship with Notre Dame I believe.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

doubleplay643 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:41 am Jackson 5 Wellston 4 in 8 Innings at a great well-played game in Wellston.

Jackson forced to play with 8 kids last two innings due to late game knee injury of Senior SS Kendall Neal which followed an early in the game 1st Inning scratch by Senior Josh Blackburn who tweaked something beating out a bunt and was replaced by Gerstenberger. Jackson DH only bench kid left and couldn't enter after Neal went down.

Top of 8th inning one person on and two outs for Jackson, and Wellston could have intentionally walked two batters to load bases and get to the injured players spot in the line-up and force the 3rd out as I understand it.

Wellston didn't do that - they played the game out and pitched to the batter which scored the run with a hit. Total class move by the Rockets to not force the out.

Bottom of the 8th featured Brice Graham brought into close versus Michael Graham who was leading-off the inning at bat, and the elder cousin won that match-up with a double, Rockets managed two more base-runners to load the bases, but Brice got a strike-out to end the inning with bases juiced on a 3-2 count.

Kendall (4 year letterman) is very likely done for the year with what appears to be a serious knee injury but CF Blackburn should be back I think.

Good luck to the Rockets in their tourney next week and kudos to them all around.
That is class by Wellston. But Jackson staff did not return the class. Instead the Ironmen staff knowingly pitched an illegal pitcher in the 8th inning yesterday.

Brice Graham pitched 100+ plus pitches on Monday against Miami Trace. He was not eligible to pitch yesterday. High school baseball has pitch limits and mandatory rest periods and every coach knows them. This is not a good look for Jackson.

So sports fans, what's the role of the school here? What should be done?
Last edited by Fonzie on Fri May 04, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Maximus wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:00 am
doubleplay643 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:41 am Jackson 5 Wellston 4 in 8 Innings at a great well-played game in Wellston.

That is class by Wellston. But Jackson staff did not return the class. Instead the Ironmen staff knowingly pitched an illegal pitcher in the 8th inning yesterday.

Brice Graham pitched 100+ plus pitches on Monday against Miami Trace. He was not eligible to pitch yesterday. High school baseball has pitch limits and mandatory rest periods and every coach knows them. This is not a good look for Jackson.

So sports fans, what's the role of the school here? What should be done?
Not hard to prove, if so that would be a forefit. So if this is true as you claim, make a report of the situation. Otherwise, quit whining.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Forget that. I would have walked them both and I really don't care what people say. Why was Jackson so low on their numbers? And that's not the "wrong thing" to do. It's taking advantage of the circumstances. Jackson should have came to a varsity game with more than 10 players.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Not that is makes a difference but I count 11 not 10 based on the description above. 2 hurt + 1 DH = 3, added to the 8 in the field makes 11.

Return to “Baseball”