Minford 5

minford17
Varsity

Re: thursday games 5/4

Post by minford17 »

Phoenix31 wrote:Final in 10 innings

Portsmouth 6
Minford 5
That's debatable my good friend! Williams still hasn't touched home. Great block by Lindamood. Ump must have thought he was going to melt in the rain.

If Reese would have come home on a hit from the following hitter, I would tip my hat to the Trojans, but to end a great game on such a bad call. Wow!

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

minford17 wrote:

Portsmouth 6
Minford 5
That's debatable my good friend! Williams still hasn't touched home. Great block by Lindamood. Ump must have thought he was going to melt in the rain.

If Reese would have come home on a hit from the following hitter, I would tip my hat to the Trojans, but to end a great game on such a bad call. Wow!
Relax!!! They were just reporting the final score! And to add it's a meaningless game. Non-conference and seedings are already out.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Mailman wrote:
minford17 wrote:

Portsmouth 6
Minford 5

Relax!!! They were just reporting the final score! And to add it's a meaningless game. Non-conference and seedings are already out.
When I said "my good friend", I meant it. I was texting updates too him all night about the game. As I said also, "to end a great game on such a bad call". I was prepared to sit there longer, even if I got a little more wet. One of the better games I had seen in a while.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

minford17 wrote:

Portsmouth 6
Minford 5

Unless something has changed, you can't block the plate in high school so doesn't matter if he touched the plate anyway. Game over.

bengals05
Riding the Bench

Post by bengals05 »

Waverly 9 Madison Plains 4

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Crab's Brother wrote:
minford17 wrote:

Portsmouth 6
Minford 5

Unless something has changed, you can't block the plate in high school so doesn't matter if he touched the plate anyway. Game over.
You can receive the ball in a position away from base path, and then proceed to tag runner preventing him from scoring by blocking the plate. Catcher did just that. You cannot be standing in basepath before receiving baseball. He didn't do that. Player did slide too as he was supposed to. Everything was done correctly, except the call.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Thanks for the updates during the game!

Here is the write-up in the PDT.

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/sports ... inues-roll

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

You are welcome! Good luck to Phoenix 31 Jr. the rest of this year and next

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

minford17 wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 9:21 am You are welcome! Good luck to Phoenix 31 Jr. the rest of this year and next
thanks....sitting at 14-6.

Had our first back-to-back loss this week.

Hoping to change that today on Senior Day against Anderson County.

Return to “Baseball”