TVCFAN123
Waterboy

Re: D4 Boys Seeding outlook predictions

Post by TVCFAN123 »

FH Lancer wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 12:47 pm
TVCFAN123 wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 11:54 am
FH Lancer wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 8:23 am

Wow! Southern must suck! :shock:
Your name is FH Lancer, I think all of your boys sports combined won 2 games this year. Please keep the word "suck" to yourself.
We were on track to win the league this year until the refs decided to screw us overnight every single game
Yeah, the scores really looked like the refs had a lot to do with it.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Mailman wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 9:17 pm With Websters pitching, I wouldn't count them out either.
I look smart for once

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Mailman wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 4:19 pm
Mailman wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 9:17 pm With Websters pitching, I wouldn't count them out either.
I look smart for once
Doesn't surprise me. They have benefited from tough competition from SOC2 all year. Burg, Waverly, Oak Hill, Minford, and West are all tough opponents.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Congrats to Coach Ryan McClintic and the Jeeps. Like mailman said, with the Jeeps' pitching (especially being seniors), makes sense they end up District Champs even with the average regular season record (which as Minford17 said, mostly a result of their tough schedule). Coach McClintic and his assistants are building a program out there from the little league up. Good luck at Regionals!

Also got to give a shout out to Notre Dame and Green. Great seasons for both and with the players they both having coming back next year, wouldn't be surprised to see either one of them in Regionals next year.*

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:47 pm Congrats to Coach Ryan McClintic and the Jeeps. Like mailman said, with the Jeeps' pitching (especially being seniors), makes sense they end up District Champs even with the average regular season record (which as Minford17 said, mostly a result of their tough schedule). Coach McClintic and his assistants are building a program out there from the little league up. Good luck at Regionals!

Also got to give a shout out to Notre Dame and Green. Great seasons for both and with the players they both having coming back next year, wouldn't be surprised to see either one of them in Regionals next year.*
Thank you art!! This Titan dad appreciates you saying that!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Mailman wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 12:05 am
art_vandelay wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:47 pm Congrats to Coach Ryan McClintic and the Jeeps. Like mailman said, with the Jeeps' pitching (especially being seniors), makes sense they end up District Champs even with the average regular season record (which as Minford17 said, mostly a result of their tough schedule). Coach McClintic and his assistants are building a program out there from the little league up. Good luck at Regionals!

Thank you art!! This Titan dad appreciates you saying that!!
I didn't get to see these teams during the regular season, so this is just based on what I saw at the VA, but I was very impressed with the level of play in the D4 District this year. Only one team truly struggled, but even they showed glimpses of being pretty decent.

It was a joy to watch these teams compete and I think that our District will get over the Newark Catholic bump sooner rather than later in the Regional if the kids and coaches can keep raising their level of play.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

mailman: With Notre Dame's entire rotation of Corns/Cassidy/Speas back next year as seniors, that's gotta make them a regional threat (and I hear they got some solid 8th graders coming up as well). Green has Kimbler and Carver (younger one) back and I'm sure they'll be able to get a decent third arm to round out their rotation with their current numbers. I see both of them being strong again next year in SOC 1/D4 tourney with how far they go ultimately depending on their bats.

danicalifornia: agreed that the D4 baseball level of play was pretty solid this year. Hopefully that'll continue...it's time for someone down here to get to State in D4.*

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Has the time been determined for the Waterford/SouthWebster Regional semi on 5/25 in Lancaster? I'm hoping for the early game so I can try to take in most of both the D2 and D4 effective SE District championship games.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:17 am
I didn't get to see these teams during the regular season, so this is just based on what I saw at the VA, but I was very impressed with the level of play in the D4 District this year. Only one team truly struggled, but even they showed glimpses of being pretty decent.

It was a joy to watch these teams compete and I think that our District will get over the Newark Catholic bump sooner rather than later in the Regional if the kids and coaches can keep raising their level of play.
There is no better year than this year for it happen. Newark Catholic is really down by N.C. standards. I think they're 10-17 (granted, their league competition is stiff.) They barely survived their district semi-final versus Cardington-Lincoln.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

mhs95_06 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 1:00 pm Has the time been determined for the Waterford/SouthWebster Regional semi on 5/25 in Lancaster? I'm hoping for the early game so I can try to take in most of both the D2 and D4 effective SE District championship games.
Ohsaa says 5:00 never mind. Looked at wrong bracket

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:33 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:17 am

There is no better year than this year for it happen. Newark Catholic is really down by N.C. standards. I think they're 10-17 (granted, their league competition is stiff.) They barely survived their district semi-final versus Cardington-Lincoln.
NC made it to the regional with a 2-0 win over a better seed, East Knox. They go to the Springfield Regional this year, so wouldn't meet the SE district team until the state championship if they both happen to make it that far.

Watson40
Waterboy

Post by Watson40 »

FH Lancer wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 12:47 pm
TVCFAN123 wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 11:54 am
FH Lancer wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 8:23 am

Wow! Southern must suck! :shock:
Your name is FH Lancer, I think all of your boys sports combined won 2 games this year. Please keep the word "suck" to yourself.
We were on track to win the league this year until the refs decided to screw us overnight every single game
Yea. They had a meeting. Thought you guys were too good and had to do something about it.

Return to “Baseball”