Re: DII Sectional - South

mttatiger14
Waterboy
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:38 am

Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by mttatiger14 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Marietta 14 Meigs 1



danicalifornia
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1794
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by danicalifornia » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Updated records? Or should we just wait until tonight's games are in to get an accurate look at what the other coaches will see?

TVC
JV Backup
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by TVC » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:20 pm

I think Marietta will get the top seed.

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by 93Bulldog » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:29 pm

danicalifornia wrote:Updated records? Or should we just wait until tonight's games are in to get an accurate look at what the other coaches will see?
Ive been updating them on original post.

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by 93Bulldog » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:30 pm

93Bulldog wrote:Pretty darn good sectional.

Tough to keep track of everyone. Please post corrections ...

Marietta (15-3)
Athens (13-3)
Unioto (13-5)
Gallia (9-5)
Waverly (12-6)
Warren (13-7)
Meigs (10-7)
Jackson (6-7)
Chillicothe (13-8)
Vinton County (3-10)

bvmv4life
Waterboy
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by bvmv4life » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:44 pm

I stand corrected on my previous post Chillicothe is 13-9 ,not 13-8 but now 14-9..beat Clinton-Massie 2-1

danicalifornia
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1794
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by danicalifornia » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:45 pm

bvmv4life wrote:I stand corrected on my previous post Chillicothe is 13-9 ,not 13-8 but now 14-9..beat Clinton-Massie 2-1
That's a GREAT win. Massie would be one of the better teams in the SE District.

danicalifornia
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1794
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by danicalifornia » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:46 pm

Unioto now 15-5 after a 7-6 win over Piketon.

mttatiger14
Waterboy
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:38 am

Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by mttatiger14 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:30 pm

93Bulldog wrote:Pretty darn good sectional.

Tough to keep track of everyone. Please post corrections ...

Marietta (16-3)
Athens (14-3)
Unioto (15-5)
Gallia (9-5)
Waverly (12-6)
Warren (13-7)
Meigs (10-7)
Jackson (6-7)
Chillicothe (14-9)
Vinton County (3-10)

Any predictions for the results on Sunday?

Bring the Heat
Waterboy
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by Bring the Heat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:10 pm

I think Athens should still get the one seed.
You take the number 1 pitcher away from any team and to still have a record of 14 and 3 is impressive.
I don't know if things like this are considered but it should be in my opinion.

That is taking nothing away from Marietta I know they are a senior dominated ball club also and very good.

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by 93Bulldog » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:37 pm

I would love to see athens at 1, but marietta beat em straight up & both have 3 losses. Had Athens beat jackson monday I thought they had an outside chance, but they didnt.

mttatiger14
Waterboy
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:38 am

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by mttatiger14 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:25 pm

Bring the Heat wrote:I think Athens should still get the one seed.
You take the number 1 pitcher away from any team and to still have a record of 14 and 3 is impressive.
I don't know if things like this are considered but it should be in my opinion.

That is taking nothing away from Marietta I know they are a senior dominated ball club also and very good.
Valid point.. however I know that when the two played each other Marietta didn't throw either of their aces and I believe Athens threw what would be their number 2 behind Sano.

Either way it's going to be a great sectional! Whoever comes out of it should make quite the run this year!

danicalifornia
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1794
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by danicalifornia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:56 pm

Marietta should be the 1 based off of H2H. Athens being the one wouldn't be anything egregious though. Unioto will likely be the 3.

No easy games in the Sectional Finals in this Sectional.

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by 93Bulldog » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:17 pm

mttatiger14 wrote:
Bring the Heat wrote:I think Athens should still get the one seed.
You take the number 1 pitcher away from any team and to still have a record of 14 and 3 is impressive.
I don't know if things like this are considered but it should be in my opinion.

That is taking nothing away from Marietta I know they are a senior dominated ball club also and very good.
Valid point.. however I know that when the two played each other Marietta didn't throw either of their aces and I believe Athens threw what would be their number 2 behind Sano.

Either way it's going to be a great sectional! Whoever comes out of it should make quite the run this year!
Athens did not their No. 2 (or what has been their ace thus far) against Marietta. That was their No. 4. lol

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by 93Bulldog » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Athens avenges loss to Jackson beating the Ironmen 13-4 Thursday.

mttatiger14
Waterboy
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:38 am

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by mttatiger14 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:47 pm

93Bulldog wrote:
mttatiger14 wrote:
Bring the Heat wrote:I think Athens should still get the one seed.
You take the number 1 pitcher away from any team and to still have a record of 14 and 3 is impressive.
I don't know if things like this are considered but it should be in my opinion.

That is taking nothing away from Marietta I know they are a senior dominated ball club also and very good.
Valid point.. however I know that when the two played each other Marietta didn't throw either of their aces and I believe Athens threw what would be their number 2 behind Sano.

Either way it's going to be a great sectional! Whoever comes out of it should make quite the run this year!
Athens did not their No. 2 (or what has been their ace thus far) against Marietta. That was their No. 4. lol
Who would be their 2 and 3 then? While we're on it Marietta threw thier number 5.

danicalifornia
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1794
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by danicalifornia » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:08 am

Too bad both teams threw their #17 pitchers when Athens and Marietta played.

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by 93Bulldog » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:17 am

mttatiger14,

Athens rotation

Sano
Rodgers
Bradbury
Kasler

Kasler pitched against the Tigers.

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by 93Bulldog » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:20 am

It doesn't really matter at this point. If Marietta is the 1, Athens the 2 - or vice versa - odds are they will never face each other again. The only way the 1 & 2 would play each other is if its in the regional final.

6-4-3=2o
Bench
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:57 am

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by 6-4-3=2o » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:15 pm

Hey Bulldog, wouldn't the Regionals be the same as last year? Athens 1 and 2 District champs play in semis, as well as East 1 and 2 District champs, then the two winners play the Regional Final?

Raider6309
All State
Posts: 3226
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:26 am
Location: Athens

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by Raider6309 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:54 pm

6-4-3=2o wrote:Hey Bulldog, wouldn't the Regionals be the same as last year? Athens 1 and 2 District champs play in semis, as well as East 1 and 2 District champs, then the two winners play the Regional Final?
If it goes chalk, Athens vs Marietta will be the regional semi finals with Athens vs Steubenville rematch to go to state

Raider6309
All State
Posts: 3226
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:26 am
Location: Athens

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by Raider6309 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Athens 11
River Valley 1
F6

Sano pitched 2 innings. 6 strickouts

mhs95_06
Freshman Starter
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:58 pm

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by mhs95_06 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:17 pm

Raider6309 wrote:Athens 11
River Valley 1
F6

Sano pitched 2 innings. 6 strickouts
Did any of those 6 reach base on a PB or WP? Did anyone reach base against Sano, and if so, how? Thanks.

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by 93Bulldog » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:26 pm

1 kid hit a slow roller to short, we scored it as a single.
1 kid walked

Struck out the rest, including the last five in a row. Once he got loose, he was untouchable. Fastball was strong, mid 80's, change looked good and his curve was down right nasty.

He also went 3-4 at the plate, 3 RBI, 2 doubles and 2 runs scored. people think he is just a pitcher, be he is the reigning TVC-Ohio offensive player of the year.

User avatar
tvc_fan
JV Starter
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by tvc_fan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:48 am

93Bulldog wrote:Pretty darn good sectional.

Tough to keep track of everyone. Please post corrections ...

Marietta (16-3)
Athens (16-3)
Unioto (15-5)
Waverly (12-6)
Gallia (9-6)
Warren (13-7)
Meigs (12-7)
Jackson (7-12)
Chillicothe (14-9)
Vinton County (5-13)
Looks like these will be the records going into the draw with most games being rained out today.
How do you see the Seeding?

I'm thinking:

Marietta (16-3)
Athens (16-3)
Unioto (15-5)
Waverly (12-6)
Warren (13-7)
Chillicothe (14-9)
Meigs (12-7)

Gallia (9-6)
Jackson (7-12)
Vinton County (5-13)

4, 5, 6 and 7 is way up in the air.

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by 93Bulldog » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:37 am

After more Friday scores ...

Marietta (17-3)
Athens (16-3)
Unioto (16-5)
Waverly (12-6)
Chillicothe (15-9)
Warren (13-8)
Meigs (12-7)
Gallia (9-7)
Jackson (7-12)
Vinton County (5-13)

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by 93Bulldog » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:40 am

This sectional is so balanced its ridiculous. Maybe the most competitive sectional I have ever seen in any sport. Only 2 teams with a losing record, and one of them (Jackson) is pretty darn good with Bryce Hall on the mound. Unioto wins 16 games and is pegged as the 3 - and may have to beat a Chillicothe (15-9) or Warren (13-8) in the first game? Ouch.

User avatar
tvc_fan
JV Starter
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by tvc_fan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:01 am

93Bulldog wrote:This sectional is so balanced its ridiculous. Maybe the most competitive sectional I have ever seen in any sport. Only 2 teams with a losing record, and one of them (Jackson) is pretty darn good with Bryce Hall on the mound. Unioto wins 16 games and is pegged as the 3 - and may have to beat a Chillicothe (15-9) or Warren (13-8) in the first game? Ouch.
Very well balanced, We are gonna get our game in today against NY.

I would have never thought we would have our record with the injuries we have had this year,still need to get stronger bats and reduce the errors if we wanna make a tournament run.

User avatar
doubleplay643
JV Backup
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:01 pm

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by doubleplay643 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:31 pm

93Bulldog wrote:After more Friday scores ...

Marietta (17-3)
Athens (16-3)
Unioto (16-5)
Waverly (12-6)
Chillicothe (15-9)
Warren (13-8)
Meigs (12-7)
Gallia (9-7)
Jackson (7-12)
Vinton County (5-13)
4-7 I could make the argument for any team in any spot. Chilly seems to be on a tear, and I am not certain Waverly has reached their potential yet so those could be inverted, and likewise for Warren and Meigs. Just a toss-up on all 4 teams.

I do think Jackson and Gallia are probably in the 8/9 slot, but I think we may get the 8 (the win at Athens) and thus the home field for the 8 versus 9 game. Winner of that plays Marietta on May 11th.

If Meigs gets the 7, barring a meltdown against VC they would face Athens in the May 11th game.

Look forward to tomorrow and seeing who ends up where, especially 4-7, everything else should be pretty cut and dry.

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by 93Bulldog » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:04 pm

I think all the D2 teams should make a deal right now. Regional semi's against each other - everyone agrees to throw their No. 2. It gives our southeast team the best chance to beat Steubenville!

lol

6-4-3=2o
Bench
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:57 am

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by 6-4-3=2o » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:32 pm

About what time will we learn of the seeding?

User avatar
93Bulldog
2nd Team All State
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by 93Bulldog » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:44 pm

About 3:30.

Should be posted on seodab.org around that time.

User avatar
doubleplay643
JV Backup
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:01 pm

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by doubleplay643 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:16 pm

Interesting

User avatar
tvc_fan
JV Starter
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Re: Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by tvc_fan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:59 pm

Very Interesting, beat Gallia County twice and they get seeded above us...lol

Raider6309
All State
Posts: 3226
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:26 am
Location: Athens

Re: DII Sectional - South

Post by Raider6309 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:37 am

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests