Re: DII Sectional - South

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Pretty darn good sectional.

Tough to keep track of everyone. Please post corrections ...

Marietta (17-3)
Athens (16-3)
Unioto (16-5)
Waverly (12-6)
Gallia (9-7)
Warren (13-8)
Meigs (12-7)
Jackson (7-12)
Chillicothe (15-9)
Vinton County (5-13)
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:36 am, edited 28 times in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto is 9-2, while allowing 2 runs per game.

This Sectional is pretty loaded.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

danicalifornia wrote:Unioto is 9-2, while allowing 2 runs per game.

This Sectional is pretty loaded.
Dang

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thank goodness we get four to district this year!

This sectional is alot like the D2 sectional at Logan was in hoops.

mttatiger14
Waterboy

Post by mttatiger14 »

Marietta 8-1

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Any more updated records? Jackson? Gallia? Chilli?

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Marietta 9-2, both losses to Zanesville, 5-4 and 6-4.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

93Bulldog wrote:Any more updated records? Jackson? Gallia? Chilli?
Jackson is 5-6 I believe, could be a little off we have really jumped around with cancellations and making up or finding new games thus far this year. So could be 6-6, but right around there close.

Travel to Greenup County, Kentucky Tourney this weekend.

OrangeandBlue10
Waterboy

Post by OrangeandBlue10 »

Unioto is now 10-3 with three league games this week and the completion of the first Adena game.

Ironstrong
Waterboy

Post by Ironstrong »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Jackson is 5-6 I believe, could be a little off we have really jumped around with cancellations and making up or finding new games thus far this year. So could be 6-6, but right around there close.

Jackson team is a tough read. I totally expected them to be in a complete rebuild after losing a ton of talent last year. We've got 8 first year varsity starters with little to no varsity experience. I believe 3-4 Freshman and sophomores in lineup at times. It takes a while to transition from JV to varsity. Such a big jump. But I've seen stretches where this team can play well.
Hitting is coming around. Pitching has been good all year. I believe they have 4 tough losses against Circleville, Meigs, Warren, and Fairfield Union (4 pretty good teams). Lost all 4 by a combined 5 runs.
Pitching is good. A little piece of how the season is going, Bryce Hall is 0-3 with an era under 1.0 (no luck at all) The bad defensive inning is haunting them. If not for a bad inning, the Ironmen would've swept Fairfield Union in DH Sat, instead of a split.
With that said, the schedule is brutal. Over the next 10 days Jackson plays Athens x2, Warren x2 and 3 games at Greenup Co. record may not be good come tourney time, but it's not a team that I'd want to face in game 1 with Hall on the mound.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens is (10-1)

Non league wins over

Logan Elm
Logan Elm
Logan
Canal Winchester
Warren

Lost 4-1 to Marietta

Athens has yet to throw their ace this year. Should be doing a bullpen session this week.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ironstrong wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote:

Jackson team is a tough read. I totally expected them to be in a complete rebuild after losing a ton of talent last year. We've got 8 first year varsity starters with little to no varsity experience. I believe 3-4 Freshman and sophomores in lineup at times. It takes a while to transition from JV to varsity. Such a big jump. But I've seen stretches where this team can play well.
Hitting is coming around. Pitching has been good all year. I believe they have 4 tough losses against Circleville, Meigs, Warren, and Fairfield Union (4 pretty good teams). Lost all 4 by a combined 5 runs.
Pitching is good. A little piece of how the season is going, Bryce Hall is 0-3 with an era under 1.0 (no luck at all) The bad defensive inning is haunting them. If not for a bad inning, the Ironmen would've swept Fairfield Union in DH Sat, instead of a split.
With that said, the schedule is brutal. Over the next 10 days Jackson plays Athens x2, Warren x2 and 3 games at Greenup Co. record may not be good come tourney time, but it's not a team that I'd want to face in game 1 with Hall on the mound.
I would definitely echo the sentiment that come tourney time with the improvement we continue to make along with being battle tested and playing a very good schedule again this year that we will be a tough out game 1 out come playoff time no matter what our seed ends up being.

We continue to play very well given the youth movement, and if we are talking about the playoffs we all know how important it is to get hot at the end of the year.

Regular season wise like you say the next couple weeks is pretty stiff competition.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Exactly DP

Athens had to win a play in game last year and ended up in the regionals. Momentum is huge in baseball!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

93Bulldog wrote:Exactly DP

Athens had to win a play in game last year and ended up in the regionals. Momentum is huge in baseball!
Unfortunately I remember that...the game after your play-in that is

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Meigs is 7-5 now with losses to Athens, Marietta, Parkersburg South and Waterford ( Combined 29-8-2)

And Meigs only has 4 returning Varsity starters 2 Seniors and 2 Juniors. They have lost 3 Seniors (Whitlach, Bartrum and Acree) to injuries and all 3 done for the year. They were #3, 4 and 5 hitters in the lineup.

We are starting 3 Freshmen and only 1-2 boys are playing in the same positions they played in previous years.

So overall, not too bad so far considering the circumstances.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Meigs is (8-5)

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

93Bulldog wrote:Meigs is (8-5)
They were 7-5 when I had posted that

sibibis45
JV Team

Post by sibibis45 »

Chillicothe is now 9-7. Non-conference wins 2 over Western Brown, 2 over Circleville, 2 over Westfall, League wins over Court House, Greenfield, Beating Hillsboro 8-6 in the top of the sixth. Lost to Unioto 3-2, Berne Union 2-0, Miami Trace 14-4, Heath 10-4, East Clinton 4-1, Clinton Massie 13-5, Wilmington 11-3

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thanks!

Dexter Morgan
Riding the Bench

Post by Dexter Morgan »

Warren is 11-6. Lost 5 games in 3 days (Athens, Parkersburg South 2x and Wheeling Park 2x) Rebounded by beating Logan 13-1 and Jackson 4-3.

Return to “Baseball”