SEOPS HOF

Re: Any Pfloyd's of baseball

Post by Raider6309 »

Probably double play

1. Wheelersburg. Hard to not have them at one
2. Athens. Brings back everything from a regional finals team
3. Wahama. Two time defending state champ
4. Marietta. They also bring back a lot
5. Waverly can they end Wheelersburg soc streak?

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Burg at 1, Fed Hock on the end table. That's all I know for sure

ROLL PEAKE
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Will not find someone that will put the time in baseball that Pfloyd does with basketball.
Wish there were.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

When they made pfloyd they threw away the mold, there are no duplicates of him and we are lucky to have him. I am not a basketball guy but I can read one of his recaps (I actually just read the VC-Unioto one) and get a great rundown of what went right/wrong for each team and get some perspective on the players and the coaches. He is a classic.

No way for me to keep track of all the records and update standings like he does, and I think he has a better feel for all the teams as he travels to see them play and I kind of only see the teams facing Jackson each week. But I will list (based on not much lol and last year) who I think comes out of each sectional.

Division 2 North Teams
Circleville
Fairfield Union
Hillsboro
Logan Elm
Greenfield McClain
Miami Trace
New Lexington
Sheridan
Washington CH

From that list heading to OU/Athens you could expect Logan Elm, Circleville, MT or Sheridan maybe? Anyone with a better feel of those teams as to which 4 comes out of the North?

Division 2 South Teams
Athens
Chillicothe
Gallia
Jackson
Marietta
Meigs
Unioto
Vinton County
Warren
Waverly

From that list heading to OU/Athens you could expect Athens, Marietta, Waverly, Meigs with Warren or maybe even Jackson (homer pick) making it. This will be interesting to see how the seedings fall into place. Athens is interesting, once they get to the post season and can go with their #1 and #2 all the way through will be a tough out especially with Sano on the hill, but their season record may be such where they are a #3 seed (for example) and have to face a tough sectional game. Marietta I think may be the higher sectional seed I think they return a lot. Waverly is dangerous, they run the bases well and if they have base-runners can put a lot of pressure on a defense. Meigs is even more dangerous lol, they are scrappy and Mattox and Bartrum and company will keep them in any game. Warren will be better than people think and Jackson will too, wouldn't sleep on either of them. We have some great upperclassmen players and we will be a tough out I always like our chances no matter what.

Division 3 West
Adena, Eastern Brown, Huntington, Lynchburg Clay, Minford, North Adams, Northwest, Paint Valley, Piketon, Portsmouth, Portsmouth West, Valley, Westfall, West Union and Zane Trace.

No real feel here, Adena is usually good, Minford had a run last year but is young now, Lynchburg Clay will be good I hear again, Piketon maybe as well? Need some help on the four that make it to Paint Stadium.

Division 3 East
Alexander, Peake, Crooksville, Dawson Bryant, Fairland, Ironton, NY, Oak Hill, River Valley, Rock Hill, South Point, Southeast, Wellston, Wheelersburg.

I will make this easy and just pick Wheelersburg lol. Alexander always good, Oak Hill will be solid, Fairland maybe as well? What says someone from down on the river about the OVC? Peake, DB, Ironton, RH have some good players?

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

I can speak for the OVC and say the top 3 most talented teams will he Coal Grove, Gallia Academy and Chesapeake. Ironton right there as well, RH young but still improving. Fairland lost most of their key pieces but should still win some games. Portsmouth is also young but should improve, South Point will have a lot of pitching, depends on if they're able to hit the ball.

ROLL PEAKE
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

IF you can find a poster who follows and knows a league THAT would be the best start - for example 93bulldog IS the go to guy for all things in the TVC in all sports including baseball - he still does his TVC Web page for ALL SPORTS including baseball ... the SEOAL should not be hard to follow with only Jackson, Logan, Warren ... I would imagine the SVC Sportszone does the SVC baseball as well ... you need the SHAC ... bman from the Northwest Territories of hoops season I'm sure follows the baseball side of of the MSL, the SCOL teams of the SE District as well ... just reading on THIS thread bbn77 has a handle on the OVC ... the ECOL with Marietta might be a challenge ... MVL teams ? I didn't see many if any posters for the MVL in hoops not sure what is out there for baseball ... then you have THE SOC1 & 2 - posters from there I would think are around for small ball just because of the success on the state stage for the Burg etc.

... it can be done but it takes a coordinated effort from a number of posters to do it ... when you have the weekly records, posts/chat about the individual leagues you can come up with how the teams do with nonconference schedules and from that start looking at making comparisons in league strength/team strengths etc ... it's doable I say ! LOL ... but then again I don't have a life LOL ...

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Minford will have 3 Sr's leading the pitching staff in Eric Cook, Jacob McCaleb, and Matthew Gullett. Don't know how much Gullett will pitch with him needed up the middle after the loss of another middle infielder. Minford will be young, but new coach Aaron Hopper will push these youngsters to perform at a higher level.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

doubleplay643 wrote:When they made pfloyd they threw away the mold, there are no duplicates of him and we are lucky to have him. I am not a basketball guy but I can read one of his recaps (I actually just read the VC-Unioto one) and get a great rundown of what went right/wrong for each team and get some perspective on the players and the coaches. He is a classic.

No way for me to keep track of all the records and update standings like he does, and I think he has a better feel for all the teams as he travels to see them play and I kind of only see the teams facing Jackson each week. But I will list (based on not much lol and last year) who I think comes out of each sectional.

Division 2 North Teams
Circleville
Fairfield Union
Hillsboro
Logan Elm
Greenfield McClain
Miami Trace
New Lexington
Sheridan
Washington CH

From that list heading to OU/Athens you could expect Logan Elm, Circleville, MT or Sheridan maybe? Anyone with a better feel of those teams as to which 4 comes out of the North?

Division 2 South Teams
Athens
Chillicothe
Gallia
Jackson
Marietta
Meigs
Unioto
Vinton County
Warren
Waverly

From that list heading to OU/Athens you could expect Athens, Marietta, Waverly, Meigs with Warren or maybe even Jackson (homer pick) making it. This will be interesting to see how the seedings fall into place. Athens is interesting, once they get to the post season and can go with their #1 and #2 all the way through will be a tough out especially with Sano on the hill, but their season record may be such where they are a #3 seed (for example) and have to face a tough sectional game. Marietta I think may be the higher sectional seed I think they return a lot. Waverly is dangerous, they run the bases well and if they have base-runners can put a lot of pressure on a defense. Meigs is even more dangerous lol, they are scrappy and Mattox and Bartrum and company will keep them in any game. Warren will be better than people think and Jackson will too, wouldn't sleep on either of them. We have some great upperclassmen players and we will be a tough out I always like our chances no matter what.

Division 3 West
Adena, Eastern Brown, Huntington, Lynchburg Clay, Minford, North Adams, Northwest, Paint Valley, Piketon, Portsmouth, Portsmouth West, Valley, Westfall, West Union and Zane Trace.

No real feel here, Adena is usually good, Minford had a run last year but is young now, Lynchburg Clay will be good I hear again, Piketon maybe as well? Need some help on the four that make it to Paint Stadium.

Division 3 East
Alexander, Peake, Crooksville, Dawson Bryant, Fairland, Ironton, NY, Oak Hill, River Valley, Rock Hill, South Point, Southeast, Wellston, Wheelersburg.

I will make this easy and just pick Wheelersburg lol. Alexander always good, Oak Hill will be solid, Fairland maybe as well? What says someone from down on the river about the OVC? Peake, DB, Ironton, RH have some good players?
Good rundown. I say you change your name to ASupply and create a top 20 list every week.

Maybe not a good source but heard Lynchburg Clay would really struggle this season.

For D4 Whiteoak will have a very good team and a very tough out come tourney time.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

As far as the OVC goes in my opinion would be Coal Grove as the favorite....However the last 4 years Coal Grove is always picked by several posters but only finished in top 2 year before last when they finished 2nd but were knocked out of tournament by SP and have never won it in that 4 year period. Nothing against Chesapeake but IMO I would place them and Fairland at the bottom....Gallia lost 6 or 7 starters there's no way I put them in top 3.......I've changed my mind on Rock Hill....They have young talent and could very well be in top 3...Ironton I hear have kids who played last year not playing this year....Not sure if that's true.... My guess would be CG South Point RH Portsmouth Gallia Ironton Chesapeake and Fairland.......It wouldn't surprise me if any of the teams won the OVC this year except for Chesapeake or Fairland....That would shock me....

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Mrwonderful i don't just say this because I'm from Chesapeake, but I think they'll surprise some people this year. 5 returning starters, two transfers that started at the schools they were at, and one of the best coaching staffs in the league. As long as they can be consistent hitting the ball they'll be in good shape and I see an upper half finish in the works. But as far as the other OVC teams I think you hit the nail on the head except for Gallia. They've lost good classes in the past and keep reloading. And it'll be interesting to see how Rock Hill does.

ROLL PEAKE
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

If I had to make a prediction..
1. Coal Grove (most complete)
2. South Point (lots of pitching)
3. Gallia (coaching, solid fundamentals)
4. Chesapeake (coaching, a lot of returning players)
5. Rock Hill (young, they'll be higher if they can hit)
6. Ironton (didn't look too good in a scrimmage the other night)
7. Portsmouth (hits well, no pitching or fielding)
8. Fairland (young coach, lost a lot from last year)

ROLL PEAKE
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

I very well could be wrong bbn77...I don't think you're saying that because your from Peak...I'm just going by what I remember from last year and what teams are bringing back....Peake may surprise me.....I know Coal Grove should be the favorite but like I said earlier the past 3 years not counting this year everyone jumps on their band wagon and they finished near the bottom every year except 1....so I'm not even sure about putting CG at top....

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

I think RH may surprise some people.....If I might ask who transferred in from Fairland?

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

mrwonderful wrote:I think RH may surprise some people.....If I might ask who transferred in from Fairland?
I think his last name is Burcham. He was at third base I believe. And I really think RH can finish better than 5th. Last year they struggled to hit but they were in a lot of games

ROLL PEAKE
thedogg16
Freshman Team

Post by thedogg16 »

Raider6309 wrote:Probably double play

1. Wheelersburg. Hard to not have them at one
2. Athens. Brings back everything from a regional finals team
3. Wahama. Two time defending state champ
4. Marietta. They also bring back a lot
5. Waverly can they end Wheelersburg soc streak?
Wahama is playing in WV where there is not as mush competition. Eastern, Waterford, or Trimble could've beat out Wahama in state last season

thecommonwealth
Riding the Bench

Post by thecommonwealth »

doubleplay643 wrote:When they made pfloyd they threw away the mold, there are no duplicates of him and we are lucky to have him. I am not a basketball guy but I can read one of his recaps (I actually just read the VC-Unioto one) and get a great rundown of what went right/wrong for each team and get some perspective on the players and the coaches. He is a classic.

Division 2 North Teams
Circleville
Fairfield Union
Hillsboro
Logan Elm
Greenfield McClain
Miami Trace
New Lexington
Sheridan
Washington CH

Division 2 South Teams
Athens
Chillicothe
Gallia
Jackson
Marietta
Meigs
Unioto
Vinton County
Warren
Waverly

Division 3 West

Division 3 East

This is probably the deepest D2 has been in several years. My preseason seeding is as follows:

Division 2 North Teams

Circleville
Fairfield Union
Sheridan
Miami Trace
Logan Elm
Washington CH
Hillsboro
Greenfield McClain
New Lexington

I only see the top 4 maybe 5 being able to win districts.

Division 2 South Teams
Athens
Marietta
Meigs
Waverly
Gallia
Unioto
Jackson
Warren
Chillicothe
Vinton County

The south is very very tough. I could see any of the top 8 teams winning districts!

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

TVC Hocking
Waterford
Wahama
Eastern
Southern
Belpre
Trimble
Miller
Federal Hocking
South Gallia

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Some thoughts

Out of the SVC, Zane Trace and Unioto are playing well. Westfall and Piketon both have very bright futures. Adena has the pitching to make a push in the postseason, although are behind the 8ball after losing their first two league games. No clue about Southeastern as they haven't gotten games in.

Athens and Meigs look to be very good at the top of the TVC Ohio. And along with Marietta, Jackson, Unioto, Waverly, Sheridan, and Miami Trace, should make for another fun D2 tournament at OU.

Wheelersburg is likely the top D3 team again this season, but doesn't look like they have a ton of offense. Yet, their pitching and defense should be enough to go with great strategic and clutch offense.

Waterford appears to be very good. Them and Green will likely be at or near the top of D4 in the area. I'd always watch out for Whiteoak, Eastern, Southern, and South Webster in D4 as well.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Division 2 North Teams
Circleville
Fairfield Union
Hillsboro
Logan Elm
Greenfield McClain
Miami Trace
New Lexington
Sheridan
Washington CH

Division 2 South Teams
Athens
Chillicothe
Gallia
Jackson
Marietta
Meigs
Unioto
Vinton County
Warren
Waverly

After a 1/4 to a 1/3 of the season is gone any updates on league champions or post season predictions?

Still not a good handle on the North bracket but MaxPreps says Fairfield Union with a 5-2 record and Miami Trace with a 5-1 record, so assuming they have had time to play some good competition it would seem they are off to a good start. MP's has Logan Elm at 3-3 and Court House at 4-4. Couldn't find much on Sheridan with respect to a league or overall record.

South bracket looks to be pretty loaded with Marietta, Athens, Meigs, Warren, Unioto, Waverly and Jackson sporting winning records thus far. Given that Sano hasn't thrown yet for Athens and Bartrum still with a foot issue for Meigs they seem to be doing well in spite of not having quality players in the line up. Unioto according to MP's has a record of 5-2 and has some good arms so they are a dark horse to make some noise in post season. Marietta and Athens in the drivers seat for top seeding likely...do they play head to head in regular season this year? Seems like they were scheduled to but it got cancelled?

Hopefully catch a break in the weather and get some baseball in this weekend and next week.

Return to “Baseball”