TVC OHIO 2017

tvc_fan
Varsity

TVC OHIO 2017

Post by tvc_fan »

Who will win the TVC-OHIO This coming season?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: TVC OHIO 2017

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens should be pretty good but Alexander and Meigs are always tough

Thelongwindedanswer
Riding the Bench

Post by Thelongwindedanswer »

Wellston should field a pretty solid team this season. The boys have gotten a good jump on things this year with the newly finished hitting barn, it has given them access to a cage and a warm place to throw all winter long, it should give a good boost to a normally solid baseball program.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

I think it's Athens league to lose this year. They seem to be pretty loaded with most guys back from their regional run last year. Meigs will be tough with Bartrum, Whitlatch, and Maddox pitching. Alexander loses a lot from last season, but they are always solid. Wellston has Noah Henry that kept them in a lot of games. Not sure what Nelsonville-York, River Valley or Vinton County has coming back.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Not so sure I am willing to concede it is Athens' league to lose.

Sano is a very good arm make no mistake. But with this year's pitch count and the number of league games that will likely get packed into the last couple weeks if weather is an issue (it usually is in Ohio), I like a team with a 1a-1b-1c-1d rotation more so than a single ace.

Wellston, Meigs especially, and Alexander all going to have a say in this I think.

TVC Ohio should once again be a good race till the end.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dandy Don wrote:Not so sure I am willing to concede it is Athens' league to lose.

Sano is a very good arm make no mistake. But with this year's pitch count and the number of league games that will likely get packed into the last couple weeks if weather is an issue (it usually is in Ohio), I like a team with a 1a-1b-1c-1d rotation more so than a single ace.

Wellston, Meigs especially, and Alexander all going to have a say in this I think.

Athens returns its No. 1, 2 and 3 pitchers from last year.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

93Bulldog wrote:
Dandy Don wrote:Not so sure I am willing to concede it is Athens' league to lose.

Meigs returns their #1, #2, #3 and #4 pitchers from last year :)

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

I think Athens has the best rotation overall, but Meigs will also be very good. I heard a rumor that Bartrum might not be playing. Any truth to that? That would be a huge blow if so. Alexander is always good, but their rotation drops off significantly after Harris, I think. I'll go with this as my prediction:

Athens
Meigs
Alexander
Wellston
Nelsonville-York
River Valley
Vinton County

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Rufus wrote:I think Athens has the best rotation overall, but Meigs will also be very good. I heard a rumor that Bartrum might not be playing. Any truth to that? That would be a huge blow if so. Alexander is always good, but their rotation drops off significantly after Harris, I think. I'll go with this as my prediction:

Athens
Meigs
Alexander
Wellston
Nelsonville-York
River Valley
Vinton County
Yes Bartrum is playing.

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

tvc_fan wrote:
Rufus wrote:I think Athens has the best rotation overall, but Meigs will also be very good. I heard a rumor that Bartrum might not be playing. Any truth to that? That would be a huge blow if so. Alexander is always good, but their rotation drops off significantly after Harris, I think. I'll go with this as my prediction:

Athens
Meigs
Alexander
Wellston
Nelsonville-York
River Valley
Vinton County
Yes Bartrum is playing.
Baseball is his best sport. Would be a college baseball prospect, no doubt, if he were to choose to pursue it.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I'd love to see Athens vs Meigs in regional semi finals

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I think we're putting some Athens baseball games on the radio this year - and that first Meigs game at Athens will definitely be one of them.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

tvc_fan wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:

Athens returns all their pitchers. Only two players lost to graduation were Trey Keiffer and Hunter Mullins and they didn't pitch.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

ShoeHorn wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
Athens returns all their pitchers. Only two players lost to graduation were Trey Keiffer and Hunter Mullins and they didn't pitch.
Meigs only lost 2 players Sheets and Bissell

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

How did first weeks of practice go? Seems like the weather was great. Everyone get on the field? Any surprise turnouts or non turnouts?

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

5 will get you 10 that the first week of games will be 36 degrees, wind and flurries.

Too bad we could not have traded yesterday for opening day.

I think the Rockets can compete in most every match-up and be a factor similar to last season.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Who all does Wellston return? I drove by Athens and saw them on the field this week. Numbers looked good.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Rufus wrote:Who all does Wellston return? I drove by Athens and saw them on the field this week. Numbers looked good.

Henry, Cox, Whalen and Graham are probably the "marquee" names returning as I recall. The freshman class is pretty good as well from what I hear and there may be 1-2 starters from that group.

The pitch count is going to make this an interesting season.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Thelongwindedanswer wrote:Wellston should field a pretty solid team this season. The boys have gotten a good jump on things this year with the newly finished hitting barn, it has given them access to a cage and a warm place to throw all winter long, it should give a good boost to a normally solid baseball program.
The moms in town say they plan to eat a hunk of my cheesecake for every win the rockets get

I predict some serious weight gain

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Good luck to RV this year.....GO RAIDERS!!

Return to “Baseball”