All League, District & State?

Charge
Varsity

All League, District & State?

Post by Charge »

When do they release who was selected for all league, district and state? I am curious to see if our district gets more love in baseball as opposed to basketball.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: All League, District & State?

Post by danicalifornia »

Most all leagues teams have been released and if not, those leagues wait til all teams are eliminated. All District will be out in a week or so and All State is usually around the Final Four, so all should be out very soon.

It seems like the SE district gets solid representation, but it also seems like many players around the state get overlooked.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

The All District teams will be released Monday or Tuesday to the Press.

playtowin
Freshman Team

Post by playtowin »

All District teams are posted on wkkj.com

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

Has d4 been released yet?

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

Trimble had:
ALL LEAGUE
JD CHESSER
JUSTIN JEWELL
JACOB HOOPER

ALL DISTRICT FIRST TEAM
JD CHESSER
ALL DISTRICT 2ND TEAM
JUSTIN JEWELL

TVC HOCKING OFFENSIVE MVP
JD CHESSER

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

JD is a great player but I can't believe a Southern player didn't win this award.

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

Can someone post the All TVC and All District lists for D4?

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

If a Southern player never won this after the year they had the TVC is the biggest joke ever.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

Southern had a great year but this is an individual award and not a team award. I posted this for information for everyone about Trimble's awards not for a chance for you to call Jd Chesser winning this award a joke. Maybe try congratulating him instead of slamming him.

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

Not slamming him. Put the stats up and then we will see who done what. The player with the best stats on the best team should have won.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

J.D is a great and deserveing winner but it is true that the TVC often screws up when given out mvp's. A few years ago the basketball mvp wasnt even the MVP on his own team. He was liked the most by the coach. Individual awards in team sports suck anyway.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

oh i dont know about the awards sucking... he was pretty happy and honored to receive it...lol.. but thanks GWA for the compliment. he has had a great career for the Tomcats and P21 and will be sorely missed.

2short2dunk
Waterboy

Post by 2short2dunk »

Josh Coen from Fed Hock 1st team div. 3 all district.

2short2dunk
Waterboy

Post by 2short2dunk »

JD is absolutely deserving of the award....a threat on every single pitch to hit it out.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't have a problem with J.D. winning offensive player of the year ... I don't see why any other coaches would have a vendetta against Southern - all the ones I talked to are very supportive of the Tornadoes are really pulling for them to win Thursday. I think its a situation where one player (J.D.) stood out a little more at the plate than any other player in the league. The Tornadoes three-hole hitter (Ramthun) didn't play in all the games, which may have hurt his chances of winning the award ... A case could have been made for Pape, because of his RBI total or Roseberry for his batting average and steals ... But Southern is one of those teams where its line-up is so balanced 1-through-9 that they were able to score a lot of runs. I think of the Tornadoes as a 'defensive team' with great pitching and great speed - its not surprising at all that a player like Chesser was able to win the offensive P.O.Y award under these circumstances.

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

93Bulldog wrote:I don't have a problem with J.D. winning offensive player of the year ... I don't see why any other coaches would have a vendetta against Southern - all the ones I talked to are very supportive of the Tornadoes are really pulling for them to win Thursday. I think its a situation where one player (J.D.) stood out a little more at the plate than any other player in the league. The Tornadoes three-hole hitter (Ramthun) didn't play in all the games, which may have hurt his chances of winning the award ... A case could have been made for Pape, because of his RBI total or Roseberry for his batting average and steals ... But Southern is one of those teams where its line-up is so balanced 1-through-9 that they were able to score a lot of runs. I think of the Tornadoes as a 'defensive team' with great pitching and great speed - its not surprising at all that a player like Chesser was able to win the offensive P.O.Y award under these circumstances.

JD is a great player an all around player, I just thought with some of the stats Southern players had and their season one of them would make it. Ramthun or Roseberry made the All District Team? Whats up with that?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm pretty sure Southern will win the other two awards - defensive player of the year and coach of the year ... Its not like they will be 'shunned' when it comes to the post season awards.

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

Too much politics for me in high school sports. Hopefully Southern players just stay focused on their game.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Baseball is a numbers game. I think that should speak for itself. Maybe someone can get access to all this.

Return to “Baseball”