Thu 04/26 5:00 PM vs RIVER VALLEY...W, 3-2
Fri 04/27 5:00 PM vs FAIRLAND...L, 3-0
Mon 04/30 5:00PM vs RACELAND, KY...Tie, 7-7...darkness after 7
Thu 05/03 7:00 PM @ Huntington High (WV)...L, 11-1
Mon 05/07 5:00 PM vs IRONTON...L, 6-5
Wed 05/09 5:00 PM @ South Point Sectional Semi-Final...W, 6-1
Sat 05/12 11:00 AM @ Portsmouth West Sectional Final...L, 7-0

Final Record: 6-15-2
Last edited by pantherdad on Sat May 12, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 22 times in total.

pantherdad
JV Team

Re: Chesapeake Panthers Baseball 2012

Post by pantherdad »

Too many errors for the young Panthers at Wayne. Two starters out for two games. 5 games this coming week. Need to play some solid baseball this week boys!

Go Peake!

ovcsportsfan
Waterboy

Post by ovcsportsfan »

Not sure what's going on with this team, It was starting to look up for you guys.

ovcsportsfan
Waterboy

Post by ovcsportsfan »

Not sure what's going on with this team. There's much potential not being utilized on the field. They are young, expierence will come. Play your best players in the present.

ovcsportsfan
Waterboy

Post by ovcsportsfan »

Losing games to gain future experience isn't always to right play, Utilize your best players in the present. :roll:

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Too many errors, not enough hitting and I have no idea what potential you are referring to that isn't already playing.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Peake goes down tonight 4-3 at Ironton...but played much better. Started 5 Freshmen, including the starting pitcher. Lester went all 6 giving up only 3 hits. 3 errors were the difference....but still a much better game defensively. All 5 Freshmen contributed tonight, either at the plate or in the field. Team is making much better contact at the plate. Hit into some really bad luck. The hits will come though.

Although a loss...many things to build on for the young Panthers out of this one.

Go Peake

ovcsportsfan
Waterboy

Post by ovcsportsfan »

If these coaches aren't going out to win each and every game they are disrepecting themselves, the players and the other team.They should give 100% everytime just as a player. You have errors all over that field. The out field's the only ones catching what is being put in play.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

ovcsportsfan wrote:If these coaches aren't going out to win each and every game they are disrepecting themselves, the players and the other team.They should give 100% everytime just as a player. You have errors all over that field. The out field's the only ones catching what is being put in play.
Then you haven't seen all of the games. There is no position that is without error or mistakes. The coaches are not sitting upper classmen who can hit and field for the sake of just playing freshmen. The reason the freshmen are playing is that there isn't an upper classman that has played better. The errors are painful....particularly when there are a couple of really good players out there making them. But at least three of the Freshmen that have contributed this year are still just 14. Including the kid who pitched a 4 hitter in Ironton Tuesday night.

If you want to be angry, be angry at the lack of coaching these juniors and seniors have had for the past few years. I feel bad for them because if this group had been coaching for a few years now, all of those juniors and seniors would be productive.

Go Peake

ovcsportsfan
Waterboy

Post by ovcsportsfan »

My point is - they are loosing,They have won 1 game, why not allow others to play. Why
Continue to play the same ones? What could happen?

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Peake falls 5-2 against Rock Hill in a very good game. Peake battled very well against Rock Hill's Drew Kidd AND, most importantly, played error free baseball. A couple of bounces either way and this game could have gone the Panthers way. It was unthinkable two weeks ago that Peake would give OVC's best any kind of scare.

Two more games this week....against Symmes Valley and Coal Grove.

Go Peake!

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

ovcsportsfan wrote:My point is - they are loosing,They have won 1 game, why not allow others to play. Why
Continue to play the same ones? What could happen?
When you are trying to grow a forest, you water the saplings, not the bushes. That's not to say there is no potential in the Sophomore and Junior ranks, but if you don't perform in practice, why should you play over someone who does? If you are a Junior or Senior, you've had two or three years to establish why you are worthy of playing time. If you aren't better than a freshman, then don't blame the freshman.

A freshman who makes errors is not the same as a Senior that makes errors. A freshman can learn and grow from mistakes...as long as he has capacity for improvement. An underperforming Senior only takes the place of someone who could be learning for the future. We've seen 6 different freshmen make positive contributions this year. As the games have progressed, they are playing with more confidence. You can see it in their play, in their plate appearances, in their on field interactions.

If you are going to win a handful of games anyway, regardless of who plays, why wouldn't you want kids playing that will make your team better in the future as a result of the experience? If we were talking about winning 12 games vs 5 games, the argument would be different. I said at the beginning of the year, this was a 5-8 win team. They've won 2 and have at least 5 or 6 winnable games in the second half. If they are able to go 5-4 or 6-3 down the stretch, with freshmen playing a key role, that will be a heck of a building block for next year and beyond.

GO PEAKE

ChessyFan09
Freshman Team

Post by ChessyFan09 »

In the books an error is an error and a strikeout is a strikeout regardless of age so don't play that game . Another question -- How many times does a batter need to strike out before a DH is put in for him or he's replaced unless he's getting prefered treatment -- even if he's a "sapling". Good luck this evening at SV to the ENTIRE team.

PEAKE POWER
Freshman Team

Post by PEAKE POWER »

I am not an arborist nor do I claim to be. Having said that it appeared to me that every tree in the Panther forest saw action tonight. I am a believer that you earn every thimg you get in sports. That is accomplished by working hard during the season and in the offseason. Did I say offseason there is no offseason to the player who wants to improve. Every player who has played this year has made mistakes, struckout, etc.... and we seen that tonight. The talk that really concerns me at the game from the peanut gallery is to complain over the players chosen to play by the coaches and in the same breath when their child gets in the to say after they make a mistake or strikeout that its because they don't get to play. Cash in those opportunities and I believe the coach will keep them out there. Make excuses and maybe you have your answer as to why they are not playing. GO PEAKE LETS BEAT THOSE HORNETS!!!!!!!

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

Well said peake power curry pitched a pretty descent ball game and the defence wasn't great but they'll bounce back

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

ringing7 wrote:In the books an error is an error and a strikeout is a strikeout regardless of age so don't play that game . Another question -- How many times does a batter need to strike out before a DH is put in for him or he's replaced unless he's getting prefered treatment -- even if he's a "sapling". Good luck this evening at SV to the ENTIRE team.
Apparently you have an axe to grind, or your comments wouldn't be...well...they just wouldn't be.

First, if you think I don't root for the entire team, then you couldn't be more wrong. I have encouraged every one of these players to do well. Nothing would be greater than to have the 6 seniors and 3 juniors taking leadership roles and showing the younger kids the ropes. I have cheered loudly for every kid wearing purple. Baseball is by far my love of sports, and NOTHING would make me happier than to see the upper classmen play well and lead us to a winning season.

Sadly, that hasn't happened. I've been to EVERY game and several practices. As it is, there is one senior that has played well or given it his all every game. Another two or three have played well at times, not so well at times. 1 junior has played well. I do not agree that a "strikeout is a strikeout and an error is an error" because when your upper classmen are the ones making them as much as the freshmen, its a crying shame.

I hate that these boys have been neglected. But you talk about strikeouts? All 6 of our seniors and all 3 juniors played tonight. And accounted for 7 of our 10 strikeouts. All 7 freshmen played, 5 batted, 1 strikeout. There were 3 standout plays tonight. A "3 unassisted" double play, a 9-6 double play, and a diving catch from the shortstop to end the 6th inning. All 3 players involved...freshmen. The freshman pitcher deserved a much better fate than a loss with no run support. I'm not sure what else to say. Juniors and Seniors wanna play? They need to step up. I'm rooting for them to do just that.

I hope tomorrow, whoever plays, plays well. If you or anyone else reading this has a son, grandson, brother, nephew, or boyfriend on this team, I will cheer for them loudly every time they take the field or stride to the plate.

I haven't agreed with everything our coaches have done, but I'm in their corner and believe we are definitely headed in a positive direction.

Go Peake

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

PEAKE POWER wrote:I am not an arborist nor do I claim to be. Having said that it appeared to me that every tree in the Panther forest saw action tonight. I am a believer that you earn every thimg you get in sports. That is accomplished by working hard during the season and in the offseason. Did I say offseason there is no offseason to the player who wants to improve. Every player who has played this year has made mistakes, struckout, etc.... and we seen that tonight. The talk that really concerns me at the game from the peanut gallery is to complain over the players chosen to play by the coaches and in the same breath when their child gets in the to say after they make a mistake or strikeout that its because they don't get to play. Cash in those opportunities and I believe the coach will keep them out there. Make excuses and maybe you have your answer as to why they are not playing. GO PEAKE LETS BEAT THOSE HORNETS!!!!!!!
Ditto!

All 18 boys come ready to play and take advantage of your opportunities. Above all, beat the Hornets.

Go Peake

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Nice, nice job by Panthers tonight. Every kid who played tonight contributed to this 4-0 win over Coal Grove. Awesome complete game pitching performance by Lester, great clutch hits by Walters, Eddy and Curry...great defense by Noble, Henson , Walters, Bare, Eddy....

Lets play this way down the stretch boys and grab some more W's!

Go Peake

XxBUCKEYESxX
Waterboy

Post by XxBUCKEYESxX »

I have been to a few games this year and I have also seen most of these kids play through the years and I can tell you right now that the main problem with this team is the coaching...its been a long time since the peake has had a good baseball coach and it looks as if it may be even longer...

PEAKE POWER
Freshman Team

Post by PEAKE POWER »

Coaching doesn't make errors or look at strike 3. The team has already eclipsed the win total from the past 2 years and has very winnable games down the stretch. The coaches are restoring to this program something that it has lacked for a long time and thats discipline. I believe this program will be turned around quicker than one might think. Discipline and hard work is the key to rebuilding and I can see both of those elements with our coaches. My advice xxbuckeyesxx is to sit back enjoy the ride and watch this team continue to improve now and in years to come and when the restoration is complete and we will know when that is when we are contending for the conference title you can thank me for prognosticating it but more importantly Thank your coaches for their hard work and the players for their dedication to seeing this through.

Return to “Baseball”