SOC I 2017

Mailman
Varsity Bench

SOC I 2017

Post by Mailman » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:18 pm

I'm ready for baseball season. Thoughts on SOC I this upcoming season?

bbn77
Varsity Backup

Re: SOC I 2017

Post by bbn77 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:07 pm

If I remember right I think Norte Dame brings back a lot. If so I like them to repeat. Green brings a good but back as well
ROLL PEAKE

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Post by Mailman » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:47 pm

ND loses 3 seniors I think. 1 was pitcher of year as junior, and player of year as senior. Losing a big arm. Still have pitcher of year from last year, and 3 other very good juniors. And a couple of very good transfers. Just need someone to step up and be the #2 starter. If they find that they will be tough to beat. I know they play a tough non-conference schedule. Hopefully they can be better prepared come tournament time.

AllAboutTheU
Bench

Post by AllAboutTheU » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:09 am

I like the Titans. Mader has done a great job with the program since taking over. He has done a great job taking care of the field also. I would put ND's baseball field as one of the best.

Pipefitter577
Waterboy

Post by Pipefitter577 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:18 am

AllAboutTheU wrote:I like the Titans. Mader has done a great job with the program since taking over. He has done a great job taking care of the field also. I would put ND's baseball field as one of the best.
Did ND lose their starting catcher?

brown22
Varsity Bench

Post by brown22 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:42 pm

Eastern brings back pretty much everyone this year. Also hearing of some kids that have took a year off coming back for this season.
GO EAGLES

sportscrazy1899
Waterboy

Post by sportscrazy1899 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:22 am

Clay brings back almost everybody, ND brings back some loses 4 seniors and a junior I do believe from a transfer. Symmes Valley will be solid, and I believe East has a new coach. Green will be another good team. This years league will be solid, cannot wait to see what it holds!

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Post by Mailman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:04 pm

sportscrazy1899 wrote:Clay brings back almost everybody, ND brings back some loses 4 seniors and a junior I do believe from a transfer. Symmes Valley will be solid, and I believe East has a new coach. Green will be another good team. This years league will be solid, cannot wait to see what it holds!
ND lost 4 starters. Only 1 pitcher 1A. Return the 1B, 2 and 3 pitcher. Have a transfer in to replace transfer out (same grade), just as good maybe better offensively. The team has 3 Juniors that have started for two years. Plus the Junior transfer. Probably start 5 seniors with them. Just a guess on my part.

brown22
Varsity Bench

Post by brown22 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Mailman wrote:
sportscrazy1899 wrote:Clay brings back almost everybody, ND brings back some loses 4 seniors and a junior I do believe from a transfer. Symmes Valley will be solid, and I believe East has a new coach. Green will be another good team. This years league will be solid, cannot wait to see what it holds!
ND lost 4 starters. Only 1 pitcher 1A. Return the 1B, 2 and 3 pitcher. Have a transfer in to replace transfer out (same grade), just as good maybe better offensively. The team has 3 Juniors that have started for two years. Plus the Junior transfer. Probably start 5 seniors with them. Just a guess on my part.
ND has one of the best pitchers around coming back. Looking forward to watching them play.
GO EAGLES

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:49 pm

Schedules?

brown22
Varsity Bench

Post by brown22 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:29 pm

Does anyone know if the kids from NB can go else where to play. I would think they could but not certain.
GO EAGLES

minford17
JV Starter

Post by minford17 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:52 pm

brown22 wrote:Does anyone know if the kids from NB can go else where to play. I would think they could but not certain.
Yes they can. If a school does not field a sport, then they can play at a neighboring school district. Notre Dame does not field a soccer team, so a freshman at ND played soccer here at Minford.

thedogg16
Bench

Post by thedogg16 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:37 am

Why is the SOC so stupid? From scheduling to alignment between big schools and the little ones.... IT IS AWFUL

minford17
JV Starter

Post by minford17 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:04 am

What is wrong with the scheduling? Playing teams back to back is the best scheduling decision that could have been done. Prohibits teams with only one strong pitcher from using him in both games being played against best competition. As far as alignment, just makes sense to split the big and small schools for competitive reasons.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Starter

Post by BiddyBallDaddy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:09 am

minford17 wrote:What is wrong with the scheduling? Playing teams back to back is the best scheduling decision that could have been done. Prohibits teams with only one strong pitcher from using him in both games being played against best competition. As far as alignment, just makes sense to split the big and small schools for competitive reasons.
My thoughts as well... Some love to think negative all the time.

thedogg16
Bench

Post by thedogg16 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:51 am

minford17 wrote:What is wrong with the scheduling? Playing teams back to back is the best scheduling decision that could have been done. Prohibits teams with only one strong pitcher from using him in both games being played against best competition. As far as alignment, just makes sense to split the big and small schools for competitive reasons.
Oak Hill in the little school???? Half the schools don even have football and they are the larger ones :lol:

minford17
JV Starter

Post by minford17 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:44 pm

thedogg16 wrote:
Oak Hill in the little school???? Half the schools don even have football and they are the larger ones :lol:
Baseball forum. Oak Hill in SOC2 and have pretty good baseball team lead by Shane Springs and Riley Kuhn. Baseball schools are as follows:

SOC 2 - Wheelersburg, Minford, Waverly, Valley, South Webster, Oak Hill, Northwest, and West

SOC 1 - Notre Dame, Green, Clay, East, Symmes Valley, Eastern Pike, Western Pike, and New Boston if they have a team.

father time
Waterboy

Post by father time » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

minford17 wrote:
brown22 wrote:Does anyone know if the kids from NB can go else where to play. I would think they could but not certain.
Yes they can. If a school does not field a sport, then they can play at a neighboring school district. Notre Dame does not field a soccer team, so a freshman at ND played soccer here at Minford.

100 percent false

minford17
JV Starter

Post by minford17 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:01 pm

father time wrote:
minford17 wrote:

100 percent false
You must be the one mistaken, because how did the young man from ND play on Minford's JV soccer team.

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Post by Mailman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:21 pm

father time wrote:
minford17 wrote:

100 percent false
Yes. If your school does not offer a sport you can play at a neighboring school

brown22
Varsity Bench

Post by brown22 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Mailman wrote:
father time wrote:
minford17 wrote:

100 percent false
Neighboring that mean same county or could they come to say Eastern from NB.
GO EAGLES

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Post by Mailman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:42 pm

brown22 wrote:
Mailman wrote:
father time wrote:

100 percent false
Almost certain it has to be a neighboring school district. The districts have to be touching. But I'm sure there are ways around it.

father time
Waterboy

Post by father time » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Mailman wrote:
brown22 wrote:
Mailman wrote: Yes. If your school does not offer a sport you can play at a neighboring school
Almost certain it has to be a neighboring school district. The districts have to be touching. But I'm sure there are ways around it.
It does not matter, if it is a public school that does not have a sport that student cannot play that sport at a different public school if not enrolled in that school, call OHSAA if still do not believe me.

minford17
JV Starter

Post by minford17 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:02 pm

father time wrote:
Mailman wrote:
brown22 wrote:
It does not matter, if it is a public school that does not have a sport that student cannot play that sport at a different public school if not enrolled in that school, call OHSAA if still do not believe me.
If that is the case, but a kid can go from a private school to a public school then that is absolutely wrong. Some lawyer ought to fight a discrimination suit on this.

father time
Waterboy

Post by father time » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:48 am

minford17 wrote:
father time wrote:
Mailman wrote: Almost certain it has to be a neighboring school district. The districts have to be touching. But I'm sure there are ways around it.
If that is the case, but a kid can go from a private school to a public school then that is absolutely wrong. Some lawyer ought to fight a discrimination suit on this.
A charter school or home school or private school student can play a sport at a public school their school does not offer but only in the school district they reside in. A public school student cannot attend these schools previously mentioned (charter, private, etc) if the school they attend does not offer a sport.

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Post by Mailman » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:48 am

father time wrote:
minford17 wrote:
father time wrote:
A charter school or home school or private school student can play a sport at a public school their school does not offer but only in the school district they reside in. A public school student cannot attend these schools previously mentioned (charter, private, etc) if the school they attend does not offer a sport.
That must be what I was thinking. I knew that you could. Just didn't know that it was limited to private schools.

Dandy Don
JV Starter

Post by Dandy Don » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:52 am

From OHSAA's Frequently Asked Questions

The public school my student attends does not offer a certain sport. Are students who want to play that sport eligible at a different school?

For a 'conventional' public school, NO. Bylaw 4-3-1 indicates that a student must be enrolled and attending full-time to have the privilege of athletic participation. Exception 6 of Bylaw 4-3-1 indicates that there is an exception in accordance with state law. The students who have an opportunity to participate on different school teams in accordance with state law are those who reside in a district and are students who attend the following types of schools: nonpublic schools, community schools and STEM schools. Students who are home schooled and live in a school district also have an opportunity to participate on those school teams. The language in the State law is not written to include students who attend conventional public schools that do not have a participation opportunity. Remember that the opportunity for non-enrolled students is at the residential public school only.

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Post by Mailman » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Now. Back on topic. Have any teams scrimmaged? ND scrimmaged West on Monday looked decent, especially for first time on field. Pitching was solid, bats were good although there were too many looking 3rd strikes and timing was off. Which is understandable seeing live pitching for 1st time. Defense was surprisingly better than I had anticipated with only a couple of minor miscues.

brown22
Varsity Bench

Post by brown22 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:41 pm

Eastern scrimmaged South Webster tonight. Looked decent didn't hit real well but first live pitching the boys have seen. Have a lot of talent on the field couple kids rusty from taking time away, pitching wasn't bad but we will need to get a couple more pitchers. Eagles can win some games hoping this year starts a string of good years for us.
GO EAGLES

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Post by Mailman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:59 pm

Conference Records
Clay 0-3
East 1-0
Eastern 1-2
Green 3-0
Notre Dame 3-0
Symmes Valley 0-2
Western 0-1
Last edited by Mailman on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Post by Mailman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Eastern 2
Clay 0

Mailman
Varsity Bench

Post by Mailman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Green 9
Symmes 1

brown22
Varsity Bench

Post by brown22 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:31 am

Eastern is off to a 1-1 start dropping a tough 3-2 loss to Wellston and picking up a 2-0 win over Clay. Eagles have started 2 sophomore pitchers both games (Parker Clemmons, Cole Hasliop) and both have thrown complete games and pitched well. Clay Martin is one of the best catchers I've had the privilege to watch play it's going to be hard for teams to swipe bags on him. This Eagles team has more power at the plate than any recent Eagle team I've watched Ethan Leist, Dalton Tomilson, Clay Martin, Austin Canaday keep hitting the ball hard. 2 games in and I'm enjoying the baseball I've seen so far. Go Eagles.
GO EAGLES

Blockcharge6
Bench

Post by Blockcharge6 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Sat. 4/1 Green 8 Symmes valley 2

brown22
Varsity Bench

Post by brown22 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:37 pm

Eastern split a DH with Valley today. Pretty sure we have lost Dalton Tomilson pitching for the year he is having a lot of discomfort in shoulder. Parker Clemmons, Cole Hasliop, Evan Leist (all sophmores) have looked good and will all log some innings. Clay Martin (Sr) will see some innings on the mound this year, after he settles into the role he will help a lot. Ethan Leist is looking good after taken a year off looks smooth at the plate and in the field. This Eagle team has potential ,hoping for a lot of good baseball games.
GO EAGLES